Quantum of Solace (2008)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 41 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, and some sexual content|
Sex & Nudity
- In a scene that nods to the gold painted girl from Goldfinger, Fields is found naked and dead in the hotel room. She is (according to M) covered in oil - done by Greene. You see the side of her butt, but nothing else is visible except for a patch on her arm and ankles. (in actuality, it is more than likely paint)
- The opening credits is almost solely silhouettes of naked women slowly dancing which lasts a few minutes
- We learn that Camille, the film's designated "Bond girl," slept with Greene to get close to her own target of revenge. Their affair is mentioned often, at times augmented in a crude fashion, but not anything too inappropriate. Greene later "gives" Camille to a would-be South American dictator, asking him to "dump her over the side [of the boat] when you're done." She wears revealing clothing.
- Bond is with a girl in an hotel room, and kisses her bare back. We understand that they have sex. We only see both in bed.
- Camille kisses Bond.
- A story is told about a man that killed a family, but before doing so, he rape the women, except one.
- At the end the General begins to rape a woman, we don't see anything clearly.
- A woman is requested to left the bed, in the scene the camera focus on his parts. It turns out that she was wearing pink underwear.
Violence & Gore
- Bond chases a man through some city streets, and eventually on rooftops, and he tackles the man through a skylight. Both crash through some scaffolding, and continue to fight, and Bond's foot is caught on a rope. He hangs upside-down, but manages to retrieve his gun and shoot his opponent.
- A man falls on off of a roof and lands on a car.
- Bond jumps over railing and lands on a man on a staircase below, and pushes him over the edge.
- Bond dispatches two attackers in an alley after they shoot a man dead, and he kills both.
- A group of men enter a bar and fire guns, and Bond runs out, and brutally defeats one of the men before escaping.
- A car chase in the opening sequence is fairly intense (not bloody, but there are several intense crash scenes).
- We quickly see a photograph of a dead man. It appears from the photograph that his face has been eaten by animals, and thus is graphic with exposed rotting muscle and bone, as well as rotting skin hanging off of his head.
- Bond and another man get in a brutal fight in a room. The two fight each other with several objects, until Bond throws the man through a plate glass window. We see large bloody cuts and wounds all over his body.
- Bond fights a group of men in an elevator and brutally defeats all of them.
- A man on a motorcycle yells at Bond. Bond hits the handlebar and causes the motorcycle to accelerate and flip over on top of the man, and then kicks him in the face, knocking him unconscious. This is not intense, and is meant to be funny.
- There is an action-packed boat chase in the movie. While not very graphic, we see several people being hit with boats, as well as one person getting caught in an explosion triggered from puncturing another boat's gas tank.
- An airplane is attacked by a group of enemy fighters. After repeated attacks from the fighters we finally see the plane give out and slam violently into the ground in a giant fireball.
- It's implied that a man dies at the end by the mention of 2 bullets found in his head and a can of motor oil in his stomach.
- There is a big explosion towards the end where someone is killed. For a brief second, you see the explosion rip his clothes off of his body, as well as chunks of his skin. It's not incredibly graphic, and not shown for more than a split second.
- "Bloody" and "Piss" are used.
- "*ss" is said.
- "B*stard" is said.
- "H*ll" is said.
- "B*tch" is said.
- "Shit" is said twice.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Bond drinks alcohol several times throughout and is often reference for his drinking.
- A party scene where nearly everyone is drinking wine (no one gets drunk).
- We see many characters drinking beers, wines, and other alcoholic beverages occasionally throughout the film.
- Though not shown directly on-screen, we see several people smoking tobacco products throughout the film.
- Lots of characters smoke cigars and cigarettes
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There's a plane chase and a plane Bond and Camille are flying is shot down over a desert. They crash violently, though no one is hurt. Much gunfire occurs during this scene.
- A man's mangled corpse is seen in a slightly blurred photo.
- The battle scenes are quite intense, with an intense car chase opening the film with gunfire, an intense aeroplane chase.
- Several jump scenes, though these are not too frightening.
- The entire movie is very intense. This is mostly because of it's short run-time for a Bond film, so all of the violence and intense scenes are quite close together.
- NOT as bad as other James Bond films.
Violence & Gore
- Camille fights with General Medrano towards the end, and manages to shoot and kill him.
- Near the end, Bond lands on a windshield and shoots the driver in the head, and starts a large shootout. He runs through the building shooting soldiers, and a large explosion occurs starting several fires. Bond then fights a man on a catwalk, and beats him.