When he learns that there is a lost Library with all the knowledge in the world, Sokka convinces the others to seek it out in hopes of finding a weakness of the Fire Nation. Iroh and Zuko make contact with a secret organization.
Did You Know?
The rotating table in the library's planetarium casually reveals the calendar system of the Avatar world for the first (and only) time. It is almost identical to the traditional Chinese one :
- The innermost circle represents the time of day, marked with Yin and Yang symbols (modified with Sun and Moon dots) for night and day. There are no markings for hours, minutes, and seconds, so it remains unclear how Sokka read the exact time of the eclipse.
- The innermost ring represents months, numbered with Chinese numerals from 1 to 12.
- The second ring represents days of the month, numbered from 1 to 30.
- The third ring apparently corresponds to the Chinese year's "heavenly stem" 10 counter, but instead there are 16, each marked with a pair of Chinese symbols.
- Finally, the outermost ring contains the pictures of 12 animals, which identify years in exactly the same way and order as the "earthly branches" of the Chinese calendar.
Sokka the inputs the nineteenth day into the planetarium system, instead of the ninth as the parchment says. The other parts of the date are correct, including the otherwise unidentified stem counter on the third ring. See more
What's out here?
A lot, actually. There's hundreds of little...
Shh! I know you can see underground, but don't ruin the surprise. Just watch.
References Spirited Away