The Soloist (2009)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for thematic elements, some drug use and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman in skimpy clothing is briefly visible in the background.
- Short, quick discussion about a sex crazed husband paying prostitutes for sex and then coming home and giving his wife all kinds of diseases (40:16)
Violence & Gore
- A pool of blood is seen at a crime scene. A brief view of a homeless person dead from a drug overdose, with a mangled arm.
- Nathaniel has a schizophrenic vision while playing a recital and points a stick with nails from his cart at a music teacher.
- After a mentally ill man finds out Steve wants to get him pyschiatric help, he knocks him to the ground and threatens to "gut him like a fish".
- Steve crashes his bike and he has a bloody bruise for the first half of the film.
- The Lord's name is taken in vain, including 'Jesus' and 'Jesus Christ' said once.
- 'F*ck' is said twice.
- 'Son of a b*tch' is said once.
- 'D*mn' is said once.
- 'H*ll' is said twice.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man says he is selling speed.
- Crack cocaine is seen being smoked by homeless people in 2 or 3 scenes.
- A person lays dead on the ground from an overdose.
- Steve lights up what could be either a joint or a tobacco cigarette.
- Some homeless people might be smoking marijuana cigarettes, but the shots are rather out of focus.
- Steve and several others drink at bars.
- Lithium is referenced as a medication.
- Crack cocaine is seen being smoked by homeless people in 2 or 3 scenes, and one scene shows a person dead from an O.D. (see violence and gore). Steve lights up what could be either a joint or a tobacco cigarette. Some homeless people might be smoking marijuana cigarettes, but the shots are rather out of focus. Steve and several others drink at bars. Lithium is referenced.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- As a man walks at night in the street around many homeless people, some people seem aggressive and the tone is dangerous.
- Nathaniel's mental episodes can be difficult to watch.
- Several emotionally intense scenes.
- This whole story may upset people for it is about a homeless schizophrenic man.