The Counterfeiters (2007)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
|MPAA||Rated R for some strong violence, brief sexuality/nudity and language|
Sex & Nudity
- The sex/nudity is not at all gratuitous, and shot in a tasteful manner:
- 1. Early in the movie we see some passionate kissing. In this scene a woman takes of her dress, and we see (all of) her bare breasts for a brief second.
- 2. A woman and a man are in a small room; the woman is wearing nothing. The camera shows the back of her whole body nude several times throughout the scene. Sex is insinuated but not shown on screen.
- 3. Men are filmed naked in a shower for a minute or two. Among them, one man can be seen clearly though briefly in full frontal nudity.
- 4. There is a brief close up of a man's penis held in his hand as he urinates.
Violence & Gore
- Violence is not glorified or portrayed romantically; it is purely realistic. Throughout the film blood is shown on the people, on the floor, etc. Constant gun shots ring through the concentration camps (the implication here, of course, is that these bullets are killing people). Several scenes depict defenseless people being shot at point blank range with blood and/or brain matter spraying (not gratuitously). Guards also beat people (in one case to death). Prisoners occasionally fight (throw punches and kick). There are two instances of a man seen with cut wrists with very bloody results. A guard urinates on a prisoner to humiliate him.
- 5 uses of the f-word, a few scatological references, anatomical terms, and other profanities. Because of the nature of the film, there are numerous racial insults. One use of the N-slur. (all in subtitles)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Cigarettes are used throughout the movie (one character does note, though, that abstaining from them is healthy), often given as gifts. Small amounts of wine are consumed in some scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A scene in which a man is discovered who has committed suicide is quite intense but not frightening.