Man of Steel (2013)
- A school photo of Jonathan and Clark Kent shows that Clark went to Weisinger Primary School. This refers to DC Comics Writer and Editor Mort Weisinger, who created the Kryptonian solar empathy (yellow sun strength, and red sun weakness).
- When Clark is being bullied, it's in the vicinity of "Sullivan Truck and Tractor Repair," which is a nod to Chloe Sullivan, who was Clark's best friend, and most trusted sidekick on Smallville (2001), and an original character created for the show. Also, in the same scene, Clark is bullied by a gang led by Whitney Fordham, a character who was inspired by Whitney Fordman, another character created for the show as Lana Lang's boyfriend in season one.
- The Smallville barbershop is named "Otto's Barber Styling". Otto refers to DC Comics Writer Otto Binder, who created Supergirl, Krypto, Brainiac, the Phantom Zone, and Jimmy Olsen's signal watch.
- During the Smallville fight, the residents take shelter in the post office, known as Ezra's Mail Depot. According to Smallville (2001), the hometown was founded by Ezra Small.
- When Zod uses his heat vision for the first time, there is a small sign that says "Keep Calm and Call Batman" on the wall behind Superman.
- When Zod hurls the tanker truck, there is a smiley face behind Superman. A smiley face was the motif for the "Watchmen" comic, which Zack Snyder had previously adapted.
- When Superman and Zod charge each other at the skyscraper, a sign for "Blaze Comics" can be spotted. This was a fictional publishing company that the DC Comics hero Booster Gold hired to tell his tales.
- As Superman flies after Zod, a sign for "S.T.A.R. Labs" is spotted. Scientific and Technoligical Advanced Research Laboratories is a research facility that debuted in a 1971 Superman comic.
- Continuing the flight, there is a sign for "Utopia Casinos" and "WGBS News". These are properties owned by unscrupulous businessmen (Tony Gallo and Morgan Edge, respectively), against whom Superman faced off.
- when Zod and Superman fly into outer space, they both hit a satellite with the "Wayne Enterprises" logo.
- Earlier in the film, during one of the scenes at the Kent house, a double tanker truck passing by in the background bears the "LexCorp" brand name. Also, a building in Metropolis and a tanker truck later bear the name as well. This is the company run by Superman's archrival, Lex Luthor.