Ben 10 (TV Series 2005–2008) Poster

(2005–2008)

One of greatest crtoon has been made ever
ahmedgorshy27 March 2020
Let us talk by facts,the show is not like any A other shows is not justice league it something bigger than crtoon show and now let me tell you why. Ben 10. It's about a boy who has a alien watch that can change him into 10 different aliens it just simple story no matter How simple is it just perfect and the franchise the greatest franchise ever . , I hope that everybody gives the show a chance
71 out of 74 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ben 10 rocks....
kassakate4178 May 2006
I must say that "Ben 10" is awesome. I really enjoy watching the show, and just watching it progress further and further from where it started. The characters and voices are great (especially Gwen's...he he he). I think that its worthy of watching every Saturday morning on cartoon network, so everyone should give a chance before they say anything, and no one should be saying that its just like "Teen Titans". Because it isn't, it's "Ben 10"...So all that being said, I hope that everybody gives the show a chance. Be sure to catch the new season because it's going to be amazing...Good job to everyone on the show you all deserve some praise because you all truly are amazing!

--Kassandra Kate
66 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The End Of A Glorious Era.
Piccolo_King12 October 2014
The original Ben 10 series is one of the better Cartoon Network shows I can remember from recent years. In fact, its end coincided with the end of a glorious era of adventure-oriented animated shows that were smartly written and could be enjoyed by adults and kids alike. To summarize everything in two sentences, Ben 10 tells the story of a ten-year-old boy whose boring summer vacation with his grandpa and his cousin takes an exciting turn when he -- not quite by sheer luck -- gets his hands on the most powerful device in the universe, The Omnitrix. He now has the dream prize of every narcissistic bad guy out there and that's not a good thing, to put it mildly.

Where to start the praise from? I guess the animation art isn't too bad; it is great, as a matter of fact. The colors aren't too bright but of the right measure, and the scenery in the background always has a realistic feel which befittingly captures the vivid imagination of its talented writers. It's not too conspicuous but that's a good thing. An integral facet of every episode, it can be safely said.

As for the main characters, all of them are likable as well as relatable. Ben reminds the viewer of a more mischievous incarnation of their childhood self: a not-so-typical good-hearted douche bag with a penchant for adventures which at his age is understandable. Max is the perfect blend of a strict but caring grandpa who treasures whatever little time he gets to spend with his grandchildren. The man is dignity and warmth personified. Ben's cousin sister, Gwen, is a little obnoxious (I won't sugarcoat it) but as the show progresses you tend to start acknowledging her complementary role -- accepting her nerdy but interesting ways.

I absolutely love the villains, most of whom are given their own menacing angles and evil motivations. Vilgax, Enoch, Zombozo, Dr. Animo, Kevin -- all made invaluable contributions to the charged, tense atmosphere of the show. Hey, the hero is only as good as the villains he's up against and Ben 10 comprehends this as well as anything.

This review would probably feel incomplete if I didn't give a description of the very thing that's the root of this see-saw battle: the darn watch. The Omnitrix operates by attaching itself to the holder's DNA who can then morph into any available alien of his choice. Each alien has a unique ability, and it's said that the Omnitrix in total control can unleash an army strong enough to conquer the whole universe. Talk about the very definition of a crippling responsibility. The existence of extraterrestrial beings has always been a fascinating subject of discussion for me and maybe that's why I find the concept of Ben 10 engrossing.

Aside from the aspects I've mentioned, the show expertly examines simple but relevant themes of good vs evil, being there for your family, and respecting the perpetual and inexplicable powers of the the earth and the universe. With the advent of technology and the increasing cockiness of the human race, such issues are more important now than ever before. That's exactly why I feel that Ben's (man) judicious use of the powerful Omnitrix (technology) in the show is a truly commendable example to its viewers. The dark themes are presented in a palatable way. For instance, the masterful episode "The Last Laugh" is about confronting your inner fears/demons (do not miss this one, by the way).

Ben 10 also has fantastic voice acting. You can expect nothing but the highest level of quality from Tara Strong and co.

For me at least the Ben 10 series ended with Ben still a kid. The way I see it, the new series with a teenage Ben simply isn't the same; it just isn't. The great action sequences, witty dialog, and clever storytelling are a Ben 10 trademark and Alien Force has none of the exuberance that made Ben 10 awesome in the first place. All good things come to an end, I guess, but at least I'll always have those fond memories in my heart. You rule, Ben!
19 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Because y not
sureshmonick15 May 2019
I love it to the core and it made my childhood.i really love those characters
17 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Goodbye 10-year old Tennyson, It's been a good two years.
benfreak-130 June 2008
Two very short but good years. 'Ben 10' is a good show for kids, and I'm proud to say I like it. It is somehow different from the other TV shows, like Totally Spies and Teen Titans. Well, actually, I can point out some similarities between Teen Titans and Ben 10. It's about a boy who has a alien watch that can change him into 10 different aliens. No matter how lame it is , it's pretty smart for a kid's TV show. I think the animation are occasionally good and pretty flashy, but not always. The character design could be better. Much better, the character could not be any shallower, and sometimes it's very, very predictable, especially the dialogue. It deserves more credit than it is given, because it's way better than the other shows. It's moderately successful, but completely satisfying. Cartoon Network was once a good channel, but now it has shows that are just plain bad and makes you disgusted that someone has come up with the idea to make it. Not this show. Sure, it's not as brainy as The X files, but it does well compared to the other shows playing on Cartoon Network. For some people, Ben 10 is a slow paced, ridiculous show with forgettable lines and an uninteresting storyline. But for others, it is a excellent show that is exiting and funny at the same time. The TV movies are pretty bad, even for a TV movie, but the spin-off show, Ben 10 Alien force is just as good, getting better and better with each episode it progresses. Thank you 'Ben 10' creators, for bringing a good, decent show onto Cartoon Network. I give it a 8/10, but not worth to but the DVD.
22 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Like a tight spring: lots of energy, and most of it's potential
MountainMan22817 July 2006
I was like (almost) everyone else in my initial reaction to the torrent of advertisements that Cartoon Network ran on a new series about a boy with a watch. It was mainly along the lines of, "Oh, wonderful. Another pointless show to displace my favorite regulars." Rarely have I "Ben" more wrong, and rarely have I been this glad to be wrong.

My brothers were watching it long before I saw my first complete episode, but they will watch anything that moves on the television screen, so I thought little of it. After my first episode, I watched another, and so on. Yes, I noticed that it was primarily for 8-14 year olds, but I still found it entertaining. Here's the thing, though: yes, my brothers like it, and they are the target age group, I like it, and I am 18 years old; my dad even likes it, a little, and he's 40 and hates cartoons. I humbly submit that age has less to do with it than one might think.

To those of you who have not seen the series, watch it (at least one episode, start to finish) before you criticize. Okay, fine, the presentation is aimed at the younger audiences, but the concept is solid super-hero-hits-sci-fi awesomeness: A person finds a watch-like, alien device that is "the key to an ancient power-struggle..." (Presented like that, I'm interested already). This person (a kid in the cartoon (probably) because that is their target audience) decides to use the abilities of the watch fight for good and serve those around him. But his struggle is not so easy, as the forces of the galaxy are not all so benevolent. An alien warlord wants the device to equip an army to conquer (it's not cliché, it's classic). Now he must do battle with the evil in his own people, as well as that within other races of the galaxy. And he must do it using the powers of a device that does not enhance his own power, but gives him the great strengths of others.

I'd be sold after a description like that, but that's not the point. The point is that it could be one of the great superhero stories along the lines of Batman, Superman, Spider-man, etc., and maybe even a live-action movie. Maybe one day, but for now, I can't wait to see how the next episode turns out.
31 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My Fraroute show
www-jats19 January 2010
17 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
amazing show
hs-264799 May 2016
I really liked the starting of the show .

The characters and the aliens are really cool.The story is cool that how a watch transforms a boy into 10 different types of super cool aliens.

The characters like Gwen , Kevin , Grandpa Max etc.....

The forever knight is awesome.

The best alien in the first series is Heat Blast.

Overall the show is really amazing , adventures , entertaining and the best.

There are total four Ben 10 movies out of which 2 are human movies and the other 2 are animated.

(I really liked the human ones)
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Child hood memories
WeAreLive27 August 2017
When I was 7 I used to be scared of aliens and supernatural things but when I saw Ben 10 then I really got interested and less scared. I even remember coming home from school and looking forward to evening the time when I would watch the show with my sister and sometimes my dad. Call me weird but I actually asked for an Omnitrix toy for my birthday as well. My favorite alien used to be Wildmutt. Vilgax was definitely scary when I was younger.

The best episodes of the series are "Secrets", "Back for Vengeance", The purple lighting arc, "Perfect Day" and the Negative 10 arc.

I also liked the Ben 10000 episodes especially since Greg Wisemen (the creator of Young Justice: very good show by the way) wrote those episodes. He also wrote Under Wrap.

If you haven't seen this show yet I would honestly recommend it. Please don't watch that horrible reboot it is nothing more then a poor excuse for a Ben 10 series and just a show which is just made to sell toys.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent show, even with its problems
TheLittleSongbird17 August 2010
I will admit I do prefer Ben 10: Alien Force where the characters are maturer and the episode ideas and writing cleverer. That said, Ben 10 is a thoroughly decent show. Is it the best show on Cartoon Network? No, Dexter's Laboratory was my all-time favourite. Is it the worst? No again, Johnny Test is one of the most unoriginal and annoying shows I have seen recently.

So what about Ben 10? Well I really like its energy, each episode goes at a great pace and there is a lot of spirit. The animation is colourful and quite detailed, while the theme song love it or hate it is pretty good too. The story lines are predictable on occasions and the characters have their annoying moments, but they do have their interest points, plus the writing is funny and energetic. The voice acting is also solid.

All in all, not a bad show, not outstanding but I was expecting worse. However if you want something more mature and clever, which is probably the case with some people here, watch Ben 10: Alien Force. 8/10 Bethany Cox
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A part of my childhood..
JWick2313 April 2021
My favorite show as a kid growing up. A big part of my childhood. It had a very warm and family type of feeling to it.

The intro will forever be legendary. The voice acting was great. The music really matched whatever tone or atmosphere it was in. The animation is solid considering the time it came out in. The facial expressions were perfect. The writing was solid and funny. The aliens were really cool. Ben's and Gwen's dynamic is hilarious. Positive messages.

Now onto to the cons. The story has some inconsistencies but gets better with each season. There are issues and minor flaws with somewhat of a lazy writing. With villians suddenly appearing wherever Ben goes sometimes for their own motives and not to get the Omnitrix. Those are the cons but this a pretty well rounded kids show.

Overall a semi enjoyable series. Most kids probably will find this likable but it's definitely a hit or miss for most adults who are pretty critical.

Memorable: Yes (Nostalgia) Rewatchable: Unlikely..
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great show
ajm-2718427 July 2021
So entertaining, animation that fits it's time. A certified nostalgic classic.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thanks for making my childhood awesome.
fhrafi24 May 2021
Ben 10 is a pretty good cartoon. This version of ben 10 is best of all. In my childhood, me eagerly waited for these episodes and it deserves 10.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I still love this show 13 years later.
Emma_Cat16 December 2018
This show has always been compelling, full of action, awesome aliens, and awesome main characters. Ben and Gwen's shenanigans are still hilarious. The alien fights are still great, and the characters are actually interesting, funny, and smart. When I have kids, they will watch this show! You can't beat the classic Ben 10. <3
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh great, another rubbish Cartoon Network show?
Tom-AVA11 February 2008
Being 16 years old i guess makes you too old for children's TV programmes now. But luckily i have a lot of younger brothers and sisters and so it gives me an excuse to go back into my adolescence every once in a while. When i was a kid, the best super-hero show on TV was the original Power Rangers. Come on, they were awesome. About 10 years after the Power Rangers first became good, the youth of today is being shown the rubbish that is Operation Overdrive. I'm sorry, but its time to lay the Power Rangers to rest, because the shows are getting worse and worse. This, in short, is a perfect demonstration of terrible children's TV has become. And so when my 2 younger brothers began getting mad over some programme on Cartoon Network called "Ben 10" i naturally assumed that it was just another rubbish children's show. One day when i got home from school i found my brothers already watching TV, and this programme Ben 10 was on. The options were to either do homework, put a DVD on or play on the xbox 360. Being incredibly lazy, i decided to just sit down and watch the TV. 2 hours later i had watched 4 episodes of the show and couldn't believe it. I mean, Cartoon Network had finally made a show that is half decent. Lets face it, the show has every cliché in the book, its fairly predictable at times and also very convenient how there's always a monster around whenever Ben is there. But what show isn't a little rough around the edges? Ben 10 is something fresh and relatively original. I think Cartoon Network Jetix, Nickelodeon and other kids TV channels should learn from this programme and then perhaps children's TV might get back to the glory days of Power Rangers.
18 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My First Cartoon Network Show
barbaradavis-3957827 November 2017
in case you didn't know ben 10 was my first cartoon network show not the power puff girls not foster home not teen titans this is my first cartoon network show ben 10 was about a 10 year old boy named ben tennyson having a alien watch called the omnitrix that he can turn into 10 aliens my favorite aliens is heat blast upgrade and diamond head my favorite characters in the show is ben tennyson Gwen tennyson and kevin levin when he's all grown up in alien force this show is amazing i love the creators who made this show and i know that cartoon network made 4 ben tens they made alien force ultimate alien omniverse and the reboot which was terrible this is like naruto when naruto was young and then becomes a teenager and he now hokage what this is nothing to do with naruto what am i saying the ben 10 reboot is awful but the other ben tens are amazing this is why ben 10 is my childhood show but people saying that ben 10 is overrated how is it overrated fidget spinners are overrated so that's it ben 10 came out in 2005 i was born in 2005 so that's why it was my first show ever
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
childhood classic
finaldishonored21 May 2017
this was great ben 10 Gwen grampa max all of it was so good Saturday morning cartoon used to watch it every time every week I had the box set it was amazing I'm currently rewatching it and i can tell you that it never gets old ghostfreak Greymatter heatblast and four arms in the wrestling episode were amazing
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superb like old days
aastikhimta12 May 2021
Season 1- The plot was good . Just watched it again . Loved this show during childhood days and still it's awesome. From action to funny moments , It was great . So , Its 9 by 10.

Season 2 - And I have completed second season in one day too. Loved how the new villains are involved in this season plus how the ending was. It's 10/10.

Season 3- Third season is all about new surprises. A good plot plus new entry of villains. Ending could've been better tho. It's 8/10.

Season 4 - This seasons was much fun than all of the seasons with lots of surprises and main villians. Ending was okay tho. 9/10.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ben 10 is the best cartoon ever
joaotomas_1012 October 2008
the Ben 10 series really impressed me what i really liked about Ben 10 is the aliens and the fact that the characters are funny especially grandpa. Gwen and Ben always fight and that makes me laugh a lot. Gwen and Ben are always calling names at each other vilgax and Kevin 11 are the strongest villains. i only missed one episode and i cant wait until its on the TV so i wont miss it this time. upgrade and greymatter are the strongest aliens but upgrade is harder better faster and stronger.just to finish i rate these series 10/10 voilà

ps here is my top 3 cartoons 1.Ben 10 of course 2.tom and jerry good classic 3.the powerpuff girls
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mental honestly
AlexTW030 June 2021
It's proper wicked and I'm being 100% honest, this is one of the, if not the best children's tv show ever made. I grew up watching it and I would still watch it now. 10/10 every day of the week.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
excellent show
DarkestOperator6 July 2006
I was flipping channels when I saw this show. I'll admit what caught my eye was Gwen: she's pretty cute/good looking for a cartoon girl. She was the original reason I wanted to start watching this show. And if you think I have nothing better to do, no I don't and before you start making fun of me for that whether I see a good looking real girl or cartoon girl makes no difference-I see a good looking girl and that's that, real or not. That said, when I started watching this show, it caught on to me that this was a really good show: currently it is my favorite show on TV right now. Everything else is so overrated. The characters are nicely designed (Gwen's hot and Four Arms reminds me of myself-the way he talks and acts) and it's just a good show. The concept is very original and you don't have to be a kid in middle school to enjoy it. This like 30 year old guy I know said it was good when I told him about it. So give Ben 10 a chance. I did and now it's one of my main interests. 10/10. Better than teen titans.
14 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nostalgia
harshg-3233217 November 2021
I am watching ben 10 from complete starting and I used to watch this a lot in my childhood . Now I am 18+ but still thi show is really cool that it has hooked me up even now . The story line is awesome and you will not get more of watching this .. although some of the classic series episodes are boring but the whole story line is just awesome .
One of The Greatest!
guptochor1 June 2021
Man Of Action's greatest creation. Coming up with a new idea like having a watch which can turn into an alien was kinda cool. I enjoyed the whole show.
Solid and fun show
wfportier-5932321 March 2021
Nothing super amazing about it's pretty normal in terms of writing. Although the aliens and story is pretty creative. I used to watch the show when I was younger but rewatched it a few months ago so this review might be subjective. But overall a pretty entertaining show to watch definitely one of the classics. One of the issues I have with this show is how sometimes there are episodes that are basically the same thing but done slightly different. It isn't enough to take away from the entertainment but still kind of annoying.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The greatest memories im lucky to have.
calvinharrisq20 November 2020
The whole thing the start to beyond it's unbelievable how amazing cartoon can be. The theme song will always tell you how good the show is going to be. It was true back in 2000s. Everyone can say the other cartoon network shows are best then boy Ben 10 is on his own league