"Family Guy" I Never Met the Dead Man (TV Episode 1999) Poster

Peter kills TV in Quahog
Paul Evans10 October 2017
Stewie is not impressed at being force fed broccoli and decides it must die, so he devises a weapon, the weather machine. Meanwhile Peter takes Meg for driving lessons, but a lapse in concentration sees Peter take out Quahog's TV mast. Peter of course passes the blame onto Meg and bribes her.

I loved the Scooby Doo sketch, really funny, as was Peter's surreal dream. I'd forgotten just how funny the Star Trek parts were, William Shattner's movements, so funny.

Stewie was at his best when he was evil, he was possibly the star of the show in the early episodes, with his plans to kill Lois, and dark dialogues. That line 'who the hell do you think you are?' is the best one.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The One Where Peter Destroys TV For The Whole Town...
Taylor Kingston19 January 2015
This episode makes me laugh, a lot. Every single time I watch it. Well, any Family Guy episode makes me laugh a lot, but this one in particular.

In this episode, Meg is learning how to drive, so she gets Peter to take her out for a lesson. But during that lesson, Peter manages to crash the car into Quahog's TV transmitter, which leaves the entire town without television. Peter convinces Meg to say it was her, as he didn't want to take the fall. Peter eventually lives without his TV shows and becomes more active. He tires out the entire family with his new lifestyle and eventually, they figure out a way to fix TV for the town, which leads Peter straight back to his beloved couch.

Overall, I give this episode a 10 out of 10.
T.V is evil
callanvass26 November 2013
Peter is addicted to television, and his family feels he doesn't spend enough time with them. Peter finally gives in, and decides to teach Meg how to drive. During the lesson, Peter's attention gets diverted by a T.V during a drive by, and they crash into the T.V transmitter. Peter bribes Meg with a brand new convertible if she can keep her lips shut. Meg does, despite all of the ridicule that comes her way. After a while, Meg can't take it anymore, and reveals that Peter is the cause of the crash. Peter is a changed man, and starts becoming a regular outdoors man with his family, but he wears them out, and they try to get the old Peter back. This episode is very funny. Peter is such a remorseless jerk, that I can't help but laugh at his antics. Stewie's vendetta against Broccoli is hilarious as well. This episode has Seth McFarlane's patented "WTF" moments as well; Peter killing Road Runner with a car, or Peter & William Shatner running barefoot in the pouring rain. I also liked McFarlane's doozey of a joke where he essentially takes a shot at all television programming, and movies by saying how contrived and convenient they are. You have to be a certain age to get them, though. The message here is that too much T.V can be bad for you, and addictive. Message read loud and clear, Seth. I doubt it will work with me

8.5/10
Funny!
g-bodyl17 August 2013
The second episode in the Family Guy Season 1 is another funny episode. We learn more about the Griffin family and how Peter is a doofus. I like how the show makes fun of pop culture. This is just a tad better than the first episode and a bit funnier. Stewie is a funny baby and I like how they create new ways to use broccoli.

"I Never Met a Dead Man" is about how Peter crashes into the TV satellite and disrupts the whole town's TV power. Now Peter learns to live life without the TV.

Overall, this is a funny episode. It has some character development as we learn more about Peter. It's a bit better than the first one. I rate this episode 9/10.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this