"Charmed" When Bad Warlocks Turn Good (TV Episode 1999) Poster

The Warlock That Did not Want to Be Bad
Claudio Carvalho31 January 2007
Brendan Rowe belongs to a family of evil warlocks, and his two brothers are waiting for him to complete a death ritual and together become the "evil power of three". However, Brendan wants to ordinate as a priest to escape from his fate. After a premonition of Phoebe, Prue acknowledges Brendan and decides to help him to rescue his soul from the dark side. Meanwhile his brothers decide to kill him if he does not become an evil being.

"When Bad Warlocks Turn Good" is another good episode of "Charmed", with the actress Shannen Doherty extremely beautiful and charming, and another battle between the good and the evil. The secondary story is about a silly romance of Piper forced by Phoebe. My vote is eight.

Title (Brazil): "O Bruxo Que Não Queria Ser Mau" ("The Warlock That Did not Want to Be Bad")
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The charmed brothers
Realrockerhalloween9 September 2016
When bad warlock turn good is a phenomenal idea that couldn't be told in one story even though they managed to. The Rowe brothers as an evil counterpart has a lot of untapped potential working as a season long villain trio set out to destroy the Charmed Ones only for Brandon to fall for Prue and struggles with inner conflict. It may sound similar to season three with Cole and Phoebe but since season one came up with it first it feels like a natural progression. Prue and Bradon have wonderful chemistry together that I was shocked to discover this was the first time they worked together. They must've spent time off the set as it was beautiful and natural.

My only complaint is Prue forgets the lesson learned here by the time a certain human\demon hybrid comes around and makes her look hypocritical. I shudder to think how she would view Paige blood or not since her birth caused her father issues. Another is Prue being so skilled from piano lessons to horse back riding and seems made up on the spot to make her the perfect older sister without flaws and it seems annoying as it was never mentioned before.

Still the story is very intense as it literally felt like a battle between heaven and hell over the soul of one man. It kept me literally on the edge of my seat to see if they would succeed or not.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The One With The Warlock Brothers...
Taylor Kingston6 August 2015
I don't mind this episode, but I can guarantee that it is my least favorite episode from this season, and one of my least favorite episodes from the entire series. Which is a shame.

In this episode, the Halliwell sisters discover a trio of warlock brothers, who they must stop. But when one of them comes to the Charmed Ones for help, because he doesn't want to be a warlock, they don't know whether they can trust him or not. And Prue seems to have a little bit of a love connection with the good warlock.

Overall, I give this episode a 7 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Great.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this