Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for mature thematic material involving sexuality, and smoking|
Sex & Nudity
- A man and woman have sex behind a table. (Only their arms, shoulders and hands are shown as they smile).
- A man and a woman have sex; the camera remains on their faces for more than a few seconds.
- In a camera darkroom, two women kiss and caress each other's faces.
- A man asks two women to have sex with him at the same time. One refuses, the other asks him to seduce her first.
- A woman talks to a man's ex-wife about her sex life with her ex-husband.
- Women wear revealing outfits. (They're prostitutes.)
Violence & Gore
- A woman enters a house with a gun, she shoots four times, missing a man and a woman who are there but breaking lamps; the man struggles to get the gun, it goes off and shoots the woman in the hand (we see a large splotch of blood on the hand and later see a large bandage around it).
- A woman calls a man and asks for help because she tried to overdose. A man says, "My ex-wife put a knife into me," a woman replies, "Maybe you did something to deserve it" and the scene ends. A man states, "That painter had a fiery relationship with his wife and a messy divorce," and a woman adds, "He tried to kill her or she tried to kill him." A man and a woman fight on a city street, they both shout, and she screams. A woman says that a man is a wife-beater and violent. A married woman and a single man argue about having sex. A man and two women argue about living together. A woman and a man argue a few minutes over him dating her best friend instead of her.
- A man and two women fly in a small airplane during a thunderstorm that tosses the plane; no one looks scared.
- A woman becomes nauseous as she kisses a man, and she leaves the room (we hear that she has food poisoning).
- 7 scatological references, 2 mild obscenities, 4 religious profanities, 10 religious exclamations, name-calling (idiot, crazy, paranoid, Mormon wife, violent, wife-beater), 4 ethnic comments (about Persians selling overpriced rugs, about the Chinese language being ugly, and about American tourists being substandard people).
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man states that his ex-wife tried to commit suicide with an overdose of drugs. Wine and champagne are shown on tables with several people drinking, many men and women carry champagne glasses and sip, in bar scenes many people drink wine or beer and a woman asks for vodka at the home of a friend (she does not receive any). A woman smokes several times, a man smokes a cigarette in three separate scenes, and cigarette smoke is apparent in a couple of bar scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The entire movie is very intense and geared toward adults. The mood is predominantly one of indecision and whether the main character has made a major mistake having sex with a man two weeks before her wedding. This tryst forever changes the way she sees her fiance and eventually her husband. She decides to have an encounter with him again once married. The movie is not a comedy, it is moody and intense.
- The sexuality is very intense.