The Express (2008)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for thematic content, violence and language involving racism, and for brief sensuality|
Sex & Nudity
- We see Ernie lying beside his girlfriend on a bed (both are clothed).
Violence & Gore
- A black football player is tackled and a few white opposing players just on top of him and hit him several times, causing many other players to rush toward them.
- Football related hits and falls. No serious injuries.
- During practice, one of the other players delivers a cheap and hard shot on Ernie after a play has ended. Moments later, Ernie blocks him quite hard, knocking him to the ground. When he goes over and reaches out his hand to help him up, that player pulls him down instead and the two struggle on the ground before being separated.
- After being insulted, Ernie shoves a teammate back into some lockers, followed by him doing the same back to Ernie, with more struggling until they're separated.
- A white player delivers a hard and cheap shot on Ernie after a play is dead. That's followed by more hitting on Ernie during the game, resulting in a big fight where both benches empty onto the field and there's punching and struggling, etc.
- Several football players have beer bottles thrown at them and they shatter, but they is not injured.
- "Sh*t" is said at least 2 times.
- "*ss" is said at least 1 time.
- "H*ll" is said.
- "D*mn" is said.
- brief usages of "nigger".
- "Spook" is said three times and "coon" is said once as a racist term.
- "Godd*mn" is said at least 2 times.
- God d*** at least twice.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- "Budweiser" is said by two children singing a jingle.
- To prove a point to a prospective college player, Ernie picks up a bottle with no label and states that it could be a soda or beer bottle.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The many acts of racism are disturbing.
- A large brawl breaks out between two teams on a football field during a game. Many punches, kicks, and wrestling.
- About 10 white boys surround young Ernie and young Will out on the railroad tracks, asking why they've crossed a street boundary. Will takes off, hitching an impromptu ride on a passing train, but Ernie stands his ground and won't give up his bottles. Ernie then blasts through several of them, avoids a baseball bat swung at him, and then runs away as fast as he can, eventually losing the boys who give up the chase. Quiet scary as the situation was very dangerous.