Angela has been shot point blank by her boyfriend and lives in a world where the living and dead co-exist. Zombie Anonymous meetings, look alive face creams and all-meat diners help them cope in this bizarre society. ZA takes you on a weird ride where life meets death - or does it?
Did You Know?
So how widespread is this?
A 108 minute cut that played in film festivals and theaters in 2007 differs from the 91 minute cut released on DVD by WellGo USA. The original 108 minute version featured the following scenes, not seen on the DVD:
- Angela opens her eyes and screams, after being shot "dead" by Josh in the opening scene.
- One of the ZA group members is beheaded by the Commandant outside the truck, shortly after they raid the Zombies Anonymous meeting.
- Graphic decapitations of most of the zombies anonymous members in the woods are shown, including shots where their moving heads are placed on stakes.
- In an extended sequence, Angela is held captive by the Good Mother Solstice and her cult after they save her from the massacre in the woods. Although she appears willing at first, Angela realizes that they are terrorists, and have been responsible for numerous terrorist attacks. In an attempt to brainwash her into joining them, they tie her up and inject her with a concentrated form of human blood and gristle, inserted into her brain with a hypodermic needle. Solstice explains that injecting entrails into the brain can lead to an intense high for zombies, but can also cause a messy overdose, which is later seen at the film's end.
- After the slaughter in the woods, Commandant cuts off her hair with a hunting knife and dies it blonde, in an attempt to change her appearance.
- Josh, after realizing he has been shot in the woods, and is now one of the undead, has a nervous breakdown. The Commandant shows up in the middle of his breakdown and kicks him in the head.
- The Commandant strips down to her underwear at Josh's house, and prepares to 'zombify' herself by via gunshot to the head. Malcolm shows up in the middle, only to be killed by Josh with a shotgun blast to the head. Commandant ultimately shoots herself, becoming a zombie. The Good Mother Solstice and her cult show up minutes later. Not recognizing her from the woods, because of her altered appearance, they take her to their house. Josh, watching close by, follows them.
- Angela, tied down to the floor, escapes by scraping the rope against a rusty nail sticking out of a beam. Before she can escape the house, the Good Mother Solstice and her cult return with the now-dead commandant.
References Night of the Living Dead
Mass in B Minor - Crucifixus
Written by Johann Sebastian Bach
Performed by Andy Ascolese See more