Supernatural (TV Series 2005–2020) Poster

(2005–2020)

1,006 Reviews
Supernatural is a dream for everyone who loves the horror/suspense genre
s45886241120 September 2005
I personally have been waiting to see a show based on spooky plots and this show delivers. Supernatural is somewhat endearing in that the main characters (the only ones who will be recurring) are brothers, however, the writing makes the characters more believable. They are different from each other, each with their own take on life and things that are not typical. I think as the show goes on it will continue to get better,though it is great now. I can't wait to see more of this show!

Another plus is the little bits of humor placed here and there, which, when done right, is always a plus. Some of the best shows/movies are ones in which one minute you are sitting on the edge of your seat biting your nails and the next you are laughing at some irony or funny statement/joke a character has said. Also, having two very attractive men in the cast doesn't hurt, either ;)
976 out of 1,241 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bronlies justifying the horrid finale "The story has always been about sam and Dean and no one else, all other characters were added", LoL if those characters weren't added
xfiles-Stephie6 December 2020
The show would have been canceled at the end of S3 like he was supposed to. Without Castiel and Crowley and the other beautiful characters we would never have had spn's s4, s5 , s8, s9, and s11 who were the best spn seasons mainly because of the added characters who added depth that spn hadn't in the first three seasons. Without the added characters led by Castiel and Crowley, the show was going to get more and more boring till cancellation, You truly believe spn would have lasted with two whiney brothers hunting ridiculous improbable monsters more than 4 seasons at best? Really? Or are you blinded by your hatred towards Misha that you refuse to see the truth? Kripke himself said that he could finally sleep and stop worrying about cancellation because of Cas and Misha. But sure keep repeating to yourselves that the show was ONLY about the brothers.
148 out of 186 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A show that has simply overstayed its welcome.
Analog_Devotee15 April 2020
As a huge fan of The X-Files, discovering this show was like a dream come true. Likable characters, a new case in each episode with an underlying story to keep people tuning in week after week, and lots of twists and turns to keep the viewer on the edge of their seat.

But this show was intended to end after season 5. I won't spoil the ending of said season, but it's a very solid finale, and if you turn it off afterwards and pretend the other ten-thousand seasons don't exist, this can be a great show.

Unfortunately, we horror fans are willing to sit through a lot of crap in the hopes for things to get better, and this show simply doesn't. Time after time, this show breaks its own set rules in order to keep it alive and going. It's almost as if the writers of this show are scared to kill off any characters. Granted, when a character actually DOES die off it's surprising, but again: this show'll do anything to keep itself going, and one of those things is constantly reviving dead characters with excuses that a nine-year old could come up with.

Watch until season 5, accept the finale, and promptly pretend the other seasons don't exist.
110 out of 138 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Destination matters.
Muromets20 November 2020
There will be no spoilers. There will be no long rants.

First five seasons were amazing, season six and seven were trully good, seasons from eight to eleven were allright. After that - a sharp decline, degradation and death. Final and absolute death. Agony is over. Yeah, journey is important. But in the end destinaion is all that matters. And if your destination turns out to be a burning pile of organic wastes...

Boy, did i waste my time!
168 out of 215 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'm not a shipper , I'm only an old loyal spn fan, I loved team free will with all my being and
Aliyajosef27 December 2020
Wanted to see them happy. (I have no problem with shipping, it's just not my thing) So, the writers spent the whole season saying that Chuck's ending was all kind of wrong and bad, they are the ones who gave me hope for a happy ending for our boys and they took it from me, from us, in the most cruel and vicious way.

The final two episodes really left me convinced that the network hates spn fans, more precisely the 70% who the hopeless and traumatizing finale left devastated. Because as the show runner himself said: the ending was meant to please only 30% of the audience, and that's exactly what happened. So thanks c*w for ruining my comfort show, I will never be able to watch it ever again knowing how awful the ending is. For this, I will show you my gratitude by never watching any of your shows ever again, and same goes for Dabb.
134 out of 171 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Congratulations Cw, you ruined spn and gave the worst ending ever to all characters so Jared could shine, alone
sassyslassie2 December 2020
Not only you silenced the Angel, but that wasn't enough, you had to silence Dean too , you ruined 15 years just to keep a certain audience for Jared's walker, you catered to Jared fangirls, the most toxic fandom ever. I've been watching spn for years, for many reasons , but sam was never part of them, Jared is an horrible actor and if you think he can support a show alone then you're in for a major disappointment.
152 out of 196 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
it quickly worsened.
huffmankeira14 December 2020
The plot got worse, the characters became dull. supernatural has never been good at plot but the characters are so amazing you get absorbed in them.
120 out of 154 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show spent years telling us that free will, freedom and chosen family are everything just to destroy this message in the last two episodes
sandysramss23 November 2020
The writers destroyed what made the show great , and by doing so they also destroyed the majority of their fans, I needed 3 days to recover a little before getting the courage to write this review, they shattered our hearts, they killed everything and everyone we cared about. I don't think I will ever be able to get attached to any character ever again, and that's because of you Spn writers This is so cruel. I'm heartbroken
131 out of 169 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How can so many reviews be so positive about such average, cliché, and predictable tv series?
inzababa12 April 2020
I made an account on IMDB specifically to make this review, and I'll try and make it really short.

Looking for something to watch, I browsed through TV shows / series and filtered them by ranking. In most cases, I feel the ranking was pretty coherent, shows I felt were exceptionally good had very high rankings and vice versa. And then I started watching Supernatural.

I could hardly believe it! I double checked that the ratings / reviews on IMDB and the show I was watching were the same, and they were.

The acting is poor, in many cases, it's atrociously horrible. The scripts and dialogues couldn't be more cheezy, the jokes and humour are bland 1st degree. The story and plot, but also the invents that unfold within each episode lack a lot of coherence and I could go on and on and on.

So I quit watching it after the first episode.

A bit later, searching for another good show, I decided to look at the reviews a little more closely.

It's got 93% score on rotten tomatoes!!

I mean seriously? What is it that all these people, and I'm not saying they are wrong, or dumb, or anything like that, I mean it's got high scores even with "official" or professional critics, but what is it that they all find so good about this series?

"All right then", I thought to myself, I'll give it another shot, maybe it matures later on in the season.

Well ... I'm on season 1 episode 9, and I swear I'm being honest and truthful and frank about this, but I really don't understand, cause from where I'm sitting, it's a cheap, boring TV series if I ever saw one...
131 out of 169 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Started watching live after s11 after catching up, I regret it now
Jodie-Armstrong19984 December 2020
Yeah, I wish I never watched this show, every single character had the worst ending imaginable except one maybe ? And I'd say that even that one was ooc. I have no explanation for the number of 10* , actors' friends and family maybe? Seriously what show were you watching guys? Because with the last mediocre seasons and the spectacularly disastrous ending , there is no logic in rating this show higher than 4* now. I strongly recommend not watching, this will leave you devastated.
125 out of 161 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dumpsterfire
kanekileahy20 November 2020
Tired of all my shows tanking the ending. All the ingredients were there for greatness, or even half decent, and we got this instead?? You could literally have 15*20 follow 1*1 and remove everything in between and it would mostly make sense because they torched all the character development
127 out of 164 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The show is average at best but the finale season and the ending made it literally unwatchable
Naddae-81 December 2020
Save yourself the trouble of watching this show It will erase 15 years of character development in the final episodes. I've seen many finales in my life, I've never seen a finale that was more ooc and made less sense than spn's, the game of thrones one is a masterpiece in comparison. Believe me this show is not worth your time nor your money.
124 out of 160 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Textbook example of beating a dead horse
gaarauzumaki_99224 November 2020
The show was supposed to end after Season 5, that's how it was planned from the start. But then they realized they can milk this cow for more coin which is exactly what they did for the next 10 seasons which were basically copy paste of one another with barely any episode adding anything of value.

The first 4 seasons were great and I do recommend watching those. But after you finish with Season 5 you can just stop unless you want to feel your IQ dropping with each new episode after that.
124 out of 160 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Two stars for Misha and Jensen,
TheySilencedYou31 December 2020
This is all what the show deserves , it had the worst ending in tv history. Padalecki's acting was always bad but it worsened in the last seasons, it's like he stopped trying. Honestly, if it wasn't for Jensen and Misha's talents, charisma and their incredible chemistry, I would never have watched this mediocre show.
138 out of 179 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time, money and above all sanity
veromara24 December 2020
Too hopeless, too homophobic, too misogynistic, too disturbing , and sends horrific messages . I feel so stupid that I got baited into watching this show till the end, I hoped for a happy ending that would make up for all the show' flaws and problematic issues but they wrote the most awful ending ever. For your sanity and mental health, don't ever start this show.
121 out of 156 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't watch this if you believe in free will and that family don't end with blood because the show message is the opposite
WhiteAndRedGoonny22 November 2020
The ending was insulting not only to the the vast majority of fans, but also to Sam and Dean, who looked like they only care about each others, and by doing so they totally destroyed what was the second important message of the show after "free will" But judging by the speed with which they moved on from their best friend angel and their other friends and even love interests , family does in fact end with blood, Mary and John blood.
135 out of 175 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My first review got deleted
myrockboy25 November 2020
That's how you know how bad this episode is. They are deleting reviews and refusing to allow new negative reviews to be posted.
118 out of 152 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
tampajoey10 January 2021
Loved the first several seasons, but the show got progressively worse as it transitioned into heavier doses of theology and away from the more lighthearted supernatural beings. Continued to watch and finished the series, but the last few seasons I really struggled to keep an interest in the show. After putting so much time over the years watching, I felt committed to seeing it until the very end. The last episodes were so bad that I found myself fast-forwarding through them. I would have rather watched the reruns from earlier seasons. Some TV series end too soon... unfortunately, Supernatural went off the rails and lasted a bit too long. But, I'll always have fond memories of the early years.
157 out of 205 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Let me introduce supernatural renamed superdisappointing after the final season
outerworldss5 December 2020
Imagine a show's ending that's worse than got, dexter, how I met your mother, and lost combined : this is it , this is supernatural. Don't watch this mess, you will lose months, years of your life and then you will hate yourself for starting it and realize it wasn't worth your time and your emotions.
112 out of 144 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Should have ended in season 5, was getting bad with every season and had the worse ending possible
Tomjerrys23 November 2020
Don't waste you time and money in this. This show stopped being good after season 5 . All good writers left and were replaced by amateurs. Skip it for your own good
112 out of 144 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It got worse as the seasons went on!
DiCaprio-HardyFan11 January 2021
Supernatural continued to get worse and worse as the seasons went on. I actually really enjoyed the first few seasons but it just got progressively worse as the seasons went on! I don't even know where to begin with that ending...just read the reviews and see for yourself!
106 out of 136 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I don't recommend to people with mental health issues
oddlysmart13 December 2020
Wow, wasting 15 years watching every episode and the hopeless final message is literally: The only peace you can have is in death, great job supernatural. Needless to say, I don't recommend to anyone with mental health issues. I don't recommend to anyone , period.
137 out of 178 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
There's nothing but pain here
Morelia-86419 December 2020
Pass on this one. 15 years of character growth erased and the show main theme destroyed in the last two episodes. This show quality been going downhill ever since season 6, I kept watching for the characters, but they had the most disrespectful and horrible ending ever. It's like himym' ending but 100 times worse . Skip it for your own good.
148 out of 193 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
cas deserved better. i deserved better.
lorelaij23 November 2020
Hey! i've been a fan for five years and this show stepped on me! don't watch it :) it is a hate crime against anyone that isn't a cishet white man <3. the writing is bad, there is no plot line, it is homophobic, and they killed all the fan-favorite characters. i sincerely hope no one who worked on this show ever gets a job again! don't watch this awful show.
117 out of 151 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The most overrated show ever
Hannaslow11 December 2020
I really don't get the high number of 10/10, You know you are supposed to rate the show not the leads' physical look? This show was watchable for 5 seasons, the rest is pure chaos, it became a cash cow, later seasons are very very bad, and the ending is simply the worst, much worse than game of the thrones IMO.
114 out of 147 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.