X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 27 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of action and violence, and some partial nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- A Woman is seen in a sheen nightgown.
- The adamantium injection scene involves Logan being nude, but nothing explicit is shown except for 2 very brief flashes of Logan's buttocks during the scene.
- Logan's bare buttocks are shown in a few scenes. Nothing explicit.
Violence & Gore
- In the opening credits, The Wolverine hits a soldier with a weapon; blood and a bit of his windpipe is seen very briefly.
- In one scene, Wolverine rams his claws through Victor's hand with his left hand and you see the claws go through the back of his hand. Victor screams in pain, then Wolverine shoves his claws into Victor's chest with his right hand causing Victor to momentarily stop screaming in shock. Pretty intense scene for a PG-13 movie, the only thing that probably stopped the movie from getting an R from this scene in my opinion was because there was no blood.
- On several occasions, Wolverine kills people by fatally wounding them with his claws.
- In a battle scene between Sabretooth and Wraith, we see Wraith teleport around Sabretooth while repeatedly punching and kicking him. We see some blood on Sabretooth's lips from getting punched in the face. Sabretooth tricks Wraith into teleporting and impales Wraith's body on his arm. We see Wraith trying to teleport repeatedly, during this time we can see very brief glances at his insides, like an x-ray, and can see that Sabretooth is holding him by his spine. In a quick scene thereafter, Sabretooth's breaks Wraith's spine. We see blood come out of his nose and mouth and see his eyes roll back up into his head as he falls to the ground. We later see some blood on his shirt and on Sabretooth's hand.
- William Stryker tries to kill Wolverine by shooting him with special bullets, we see him get shot several times in the chest, and then repeatedly in the head at close range. Minimal blood is shown and we see fragments of his metal skeleton exposed through his skin.
- After Wolverine emerges from the tank he had the adamantium injected into him with, he is shot several times by Zero. We see the bullets hit him and see bloody impacts on his skin, and watch in somewhat slow-motion as the bullets are pushed out of his skin and the wounds heal.
- When Wolverine takes down the helicopter he is violently impacted by the crash. Blood and cuts are visible for a few seconds but slowly heal.
- The character, Zero, is a marksman and, as such, shoots multiple people by dual-wielding two pistols. In a later scene, he shoots an elderly couple, but we do not see any blood.
- Victor Creed stamps on Wolverine's bone claws and breaks them. Wolverine howls in pain.
- A female character is killed and blood is seen all over her T-shirt.
- We see the bloody severed head of a real wolverine.
- Wolverine uses God's name in vain before fighting Blob
- Two uses of "ass." One use of "asshole" two uses of "bullshit" One use of "son-of-a-bitch" One use of "shit" One possible use of "shithead" (somewhat muffled)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Wolverine is seen smoking a cigar briefly and drinks a shot of whiskey.
- There is a scene in a crowded bar, several background characters are seen drinking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This movie is pretty dark
- Wolverine is put into a chamber filled with liquid and has several needles placed into his body, including his face.
- The appearance of some of the mutants may frighten some viewers.
- The scene in which the elderly couple is killed by Zero is quite disturbing and gives you a sort of hatred for Zero.
- Deadpool's appearance may frighten viewers. He is a pale, disfigured man with bloody scars around his eyes and his mouth sewn shut.
Violence & Gore
- Young Wolverine kills a man by stabbing him with his claws. The man reveals to Wolverine that he is his father in his dying breath.
- The climactic battle between Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Deadpool is very violent. The characters repeatedly cut, slash, and stab each other, showing bloody wounds. On several occasions, Deadpool impales Wolverine on his swords and we see dripping blood. Wolverine finally beheads Deadpool, and we see a head fall off of a body with minimal blood.
- After managing to bring an entire helicopter down, Wolverine strikes his claws against a rock to ignite gasoline leaking from the helicopter. We see the helicopter explode killing Zero and anyone else in the helicopter.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In a post-credits scene, there is a secret thing that Deadpool came back to life and his severed arm touches the bottom of his head and he opens his eyes and makes a shushing noise. This scene will frighten viewers and was totally Hugh Jackman's idea.