Criminal Minds (TV Series 2005– ) Poster

(2005– )

Is it Just Me or....
Farshid4 February 2017
I loved this series.

But, it started a nosedive crash into boredom and sloppiness with the introduction of new actors in place of Thomas Gibson and Matthew Gray Gubler.

The new characters are dull, drab, hamming their roles and do not fit with the group nicely.

The run-time of the episodes also dropped and they wander off into the personal lives of the characters.

Is it just me who feeling the show is going downhill or other fans too?

I hope they will come back to bring the show to its former status.
20 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Diving into minds of lunatics and psychopaths has never been more entertaining!
hippo_butt200010 April 2006
Truly a great series worthy of praise. Many may say that this is a 'rip-off' of CSI but I've watched CSI and it caught me on for a bit, but after a while it just seemed to closed. Where CSI guides you through the story and gives a picture perfect ending and how you're supposed to perceive it, Criminal Minds lets you explore and judge for yourself. It doesn't preach too much and the stories are engaging and suspenseful! Excellent writing and great performances from the stars. It may begin cliché, but if you stay long enough it is a rewarding and entertaining view, and I don't feel it's going to let down any time soon. Give it a chance, or just watch episode 7 'The Fox'. It shows the best writing and acting in the show so far, in my opinion. Diving into minds of lunatics and psychopaths has never been more entertaining! Fantastic!
101 out of 127 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely brilliant
bch0359 November 2005
This is one of the best shows I have ever watched (and I watch some of the best on TV - The West Wing, all of the Law and Orders, House MD). On Wednesday nights, I use to watch "The West Wing", but then that moved to Sunday. I started to watch "Head Cases", but to my great disappointment (though not surprise) that was cancelled. So, on a whim, I tried out "Criminal Minds". I have never made a better TV decision.

Criminal Minds is a psychological thriller that keeps your undivided attention. Like Law & Order, no one character gets the direct star treatment. I have seen seven episodes, and I still do not have a favorite character (which is highly unusual for me). I love them all. Every single week, this is the only show I can hardly wait for.

If you like plots that keep you thinking and guessing while having plenty of physical and mention action, this show is definitely for you.
161 out of 224 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Started off really well and had a lot of promise, now not so much...
mutualweirdness17 April 2011
In the earlier seasons of Criminal Minds, specifically season 1, 2 and even 3 and 4, the writing was awesome, and the team actually profiled to find the bad guy. In season 5 I think it started to go downhill slowly but surely, with poor writing. Season 6 has been absolutely abysmal, with getting rid of JJ and Prentiss, and the writing has left a lot to be desired. If you're going to watch Criminal Minds, I really recommend watching seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4 in order and judging for yourself but I think you'll find the earlier seasons are infinitely better than the crap they're giving us now. But it did use to be a great show. Now, not so much.
36 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I like the content and the characterizations of "Criminal Minds."
ccreech30 October 2005
I have watched each episode of Criminal Minds, and I agree with the writer from Canada about this show (and also about their comments on NCIS, which seems to have more spark and humor than the other CSI shows).

Mandy Patinkin turns anything he's in to pure gold, and I hope "Criminal Minds" will get a long run! The plots are engaging, the cast interacts well together, and nobody comes off as being too "preachy," as you get with some of the CSIs and Law & Orders.

Thanks for the opportunity to support a fine show which is up against some tough competition. I watched "Lost" quite a bit it's first season, but finally got bored with it because it never seemed to have any resolution. Just episode upon episode of wondering why it wasn't going anywhere. In other words, "Lost" lost me! And I'm starting to get that same feeling with "Desperate Housewives," too. When I was a kid I really enjoyed ongoing serials; but not that much anymore....

Shows like Criminal Minds and Numbers and NCIS manage to make you think you've watched a complete story; and from my point of view, I respond to that kind of entertainment much, much better!
96 out of 137 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I need to quit you Criminal Minds
Joline22 May 2017
I have watched every single episode of Criminal Minds up until this past season. I have enjoyed the intricate plots, the character development, the story lines. I have to say that over the last year, the whole feel of the show has completely changed. Too many character departures, too many new character faces, and now Reid in jail? Come on Criminal Minds. I just can't anymore. I am not enjoying it at all anymore and I couldn't finish the season. So, now I have decided that I have to quit you. And in all honesty, I don't know if I'll miss you.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
good, potential for great
jayrives13 November 2005
the CSI-ish stuff is solid and intriguing and the acting is good. There are some very nice relationships developing between the team, especially Gideon and Reid (there's a hint of father/ son vibe between them that plays very nicely).

Particularly interesting is the character of Reid and how he's slowly growing out of his shell (combination of slight autism and general "I grew up as a freak" syndrome perhaps).

but there is one gripe that I have. Why is it that the only one of them with a life that we ever see is Hotch. No I'm not saying that Hotch and Morgan should drag Reid to a strip club or to get drunk at a bar. but it would be nice to get a few personal details about these folks. Learn what makes them tick.

that said, I'm enjoying the show and certainly want to see it remain on for a very long time.
50 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Crime Drama
Brkl3024 December 2005
Criminal Minds shows the viewers that it takes wits to beat the bad guys. The common link between CM & CSI is that the question of "How?" is always more interesting.

The only difference: CSI centers around physical evidence gathering & collecting the pieces to solve a puzzle.

Criminal Minds involves more psychology & sociology. We, as viewers, want to know what makes someone tick as a way to prevent crimes from occurring again.

Another reason why I enjoy this showed so much is how the characters put their expertise in play to solve some of the most twisted people around.

As casting is concerned: Patinkin is perfect as Jason Gideon. If you think about it, he's more like a professor citing famous lines from Einstein, Faulkner, etc.

When I first read those lines, it didn't make sense at first, but as you watch each episode , the lines that Gideon cites has more meaning to it.

For example: Einstein: "Imagination is more important than knowledge.Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Gideon is saying that the human mind is the deadliest weapon of all, & we are capable of anything & everything of achieving all kinds of possibilities.

In conclusion, Criminal Minds is the kind the of show that anyone can enjoy.
67 out of 100 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is a great show!
muffiness8 March 2006
I really love this show. I have always been interested in criminal psychology, and after going to school for a degree in Criminal Justice, someone (my professor) told me that this show was starting up and to watch it.

It is so wonderful! It really goes in depth with how profiling really works. It keeps a great story line all the way through, with many twists and bizarre themes. The characters in the show are established very well, with interesting personalities that really hold the show together.

Crime+Psychology=Criminal Minds.

And that's the truth.
93 out of 144 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Criminally Mind Blowing
dmartin-4615 May 2006
This is a quality programme, I found it a few weeks ago it was on after CSI Vegas and myself and the girlfriend decided we would give it ago, After all variety is the spice of life. Within ten minutes we were hooked the cast is so well assembled we especially love Dr Spencer Reid, He is comes a cross like a real nervous geek, In his own words he looks like a teaching assistant. I think the stories are very well thought out, and the acting is super. I never thought I could take Thomas Gibson as a serious actor after Darma and Greg. But I think he is so good in this, You can almost hear his brain ticking over as he mulls over any given situation. As for the rest they all gel so well together. This programme will raise the tension so high within the first ten minutes and will leave you hanging of the edge of the edge of your seat until the last very moment. It's amazing. This programme has definitely made it into my must watch TV schedule along with the CSI franchise Cold Case and Law and Order SVU.
56 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Love This Show
profiler197011 January 2006
I have to say that this is my absolute favorite show on TV. I use to say that about CSI or other shows that touched a little on profiling. But I love psychology. And we have seen shows that we may have liked like the profiler that we know isn't correct. It doesn't happen that way. I will say that I enjoyed it.The only other show I truly miss is Fox's The Inside. That was a good one as well but nothing like this. I have bought at least ten books on profiling that discuss different types of psychopaths,how they were created and the different psychological issues that surrounds their behavior and fantasies. How because of their bad experience during childhood and after they have learned to profile and manipulate people,the disorganized crime scene compared to organized scene and mixed crime scene and what it tells you about the unsub. Learning their geographic profile. All these things are in this show to give us a pretty reasonable idea of what they do. How they are made. Why they exist and do what they do. I find it fascinating not only to watch psychopaths and their crimes but to some extent through their fiction, learn something about them. John Douglas says he saw John Gacy and looked him right in the eye when in fact he never did so I don't really take his word about what his job was like. But many others, like Robert Ressler describe this profession in a similar way as Criminal Minds. I hope it stays on. It is the coolest. Just to clarify, I like learning why they do it. I hate what they do and how it hurts people. I don't wan't people to think I enjoy entertainment for the sake of seeing people pain or horror. I think you will enjoy this show too. The actors have a great chemistry together already. Reid is my favorite. He makes you laugh when he really is meanting too. He give the crew the most character I think.
66 out of 102 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst, cheesiest, dumb fake show ever
makusu_max3 January 2014
I absolutely hate the inconsistent way they resolve the cases. One of them will, OUTTA NOWHERE come up with some phrase or thought that will magically turn into the solution to a problem they haven't dug for long enough.

There's one episode where a kid is missing and the teacher is trying to save them. So when he's interrogated he says "I was trying to save them" and one of the cop guys starts going "save them ...save them" so he gets excited and writes "saved them" on a paper. now that's MAGICALLY the password to this guy's computer. I mean, seriously? who the frack comes up with this bull? I've wrote movies/video games/TV shows 100 times better than this and I can't find anyone to give me an opportunity, but these pot heads are writing full seasons?

PS: how THIS show gets as many seasons but firefly doesn't is beyond me.
30 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rating I give Is For 2016-2017
kot42614 February 2017
I have watched this show since day one. I am sorry to say without Hotchner this show is doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The woman that is now in charge was so-so as just one of the group but as the boss she is pathetic! The three newest "actors" are really bad. The black woman that used to be Ross' girlfriend on friends is okay, the hispanic guy is mediocre and the latest guy, the MONOTONE black guy is just so horrible, how could anyone have cast him on this show??????? Just listening to his boring voice is enough to put any insomniac to sleep..........

This 12th year should be the downfall of this show. When 2 of the best characters are no longer on the show after such a long run and are replaced by such horrible actors, it is surely doomed. Hotchner was the very best character on this show and without him and the way this show has spiraled into the depths, I think season 12 episode 10 is the final one for me. Goodbye Criminal Minds.
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Criminally entertaining
Galina28 January 2012
The drama/mystery/thriller "Criminal Minds" is truly an amazing show. I started only watching it couple of months ago, and I can't believe that it took me so long to discover it. This is the show where each episode reminds me of my favorite book on the subject of finding the serial killers by trying to get inside their minds and to think the way they do, and equally terrific adaptation, Red Dragon by Thomas Harris/Manhunter by Michael Mann. Again and again the team of the brilliant profilers, fly from their headquarters in Quantico, VA to different locations all over the country to put their minds together and complete the profile of the mysterious unsub (unknown subject) and to prevent the next strike which would be deadly. This is a very difficult, demanding and exhausting job where the lives of innocent people are at stake and every minute, even second matters. This job takes its toll from every member of the team. Often they have to make very difficult choices and more than once they face the deadly danger not only to themselves but to those who are the closest to them.

Since I started watching the show, I am trying to catch up the seasons that I missed, so I watch the re-runs every time I have a chance getting the "crash course" of Criminal Minds. What amazes me that watching so many episodes in such short period of time only makes me wanting to see more. I don't recall a single mediocre episode. All of them share the intelligent writing, compelling story, inspired acting from the regular members of the cast (an elite team of FBI profilers - BAU analysts) and the guest stars. I like the music score and the choice of songs is very fitting for each occasion. I also like the famous quotes which one of the team members tells in the end of each episode, which sums up the story perfectly. More than once, I was moved deeply by the way the story was going and its resolution. What keeps me entrancing to the screen during each episode is the brain storm, the collective mind of the team putting the evidence, the small details together, analyzing them, searching for the right question to ask their super computer analyst Penelope Garcia; so she would perform her magic and come up with the one name - of the unsub who must be stopped before he attacks deadly again.

I also noticed how masterfully the creators make the references not only to the real life famous cases but to the earlier films and books. I recognized the references to Tom Harris's Dr. Hannibal's books (the horrifying parts of "Hannibal" made one of the darkest and devastating two-hours episode) and films, to "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer", to "Natural Born Killers". One memorable episode paid homage to both "Psycho" and "Sunset Boulevard". Often, the writers find the subjects for the episodes from the latest news. But no matter where they find the topics for the show, each episode comes out as gripping and absorbing from the first moment to the very end. To put it shortly -the must for the fans of the genre.
23 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Same old, Same OLD!!!
Dnez5216 July 2012
I been viewing this show since it started and all I see is the same Plot. "unsub" is deranged FBI must come in to help ignorant police and local detectives who cannot point out the obvious but somehow these "Saviors" must help us "normal" people out like we cannot decipher things out ourselves. Plus we must sit through the "bad" agent Derek Morgan work out his demons by beating out suspects (who are somehow related or the actual perpetrators) to reconcile his demeanor. I would only continue to like this show if somehow they would change the setting. like the police in whatever city they are in would not be so ignorant and make a difference. Kind of makes you think of how Hollywood sees the People and would recognize. But I guess if it sells it sells.
26 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Riveting - From the introduction of the first episode, I was hooked!
ohiofreebird8 March 2006
From the introduction of the first episode, I was hooked! I especially enjoy the quotes and comments at the opening and closing of each episode. Of course, the plot and characters are what make it work. I'm not a "TV watcher." This is the only show I watch faithfully. Other than this, I watch the news or rent a movie. "Criminal Minds" is what I look forward to on Wednesday nights. The suspense, the variety of characters, the humor - what a nice mix. Pantikin is such a father figure for the cast. Matthew Gray Gubler as the resident genius Dr. Reid is a hoot! The women are gorgeous. Shemur Moore makes a sexy Derek.
40 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A good show which got way less than what it deserved
Madhur Motwani24 September 2015
I do not need to go on about how the show is - you contributors with your excellent analysis have all shed light on various aspects of the show. The three main things which I like are 1) the way they deal with violence and gore 2) the way each team member has its own special talents and use them to piece a part of the big crime puzzle 3) The way they look out for each other and act as one cohesive unit. I don't know why this show has not received the media attention , limelight, reviews and attention it deserves. I mean there are no outtakes, no behind the scenes, bloopers, nothing (zilch). Maybe it is because of money problems that the show keeps running into time and again, as pointed out by other contributors. But the reason the show gets renewed season after season every year is a testament to its substance and the talent of its cast.

This show deserves more, even more than shows like Castle, Mentalist CSI and all that jazz.

Shout to all the cast members. God bless you guys.
12 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage
Tango and Cash19 August 2013
This show thinks it's so smart, it takes itself so seriously - it makes me nauseous.

I just came from doing laundry at the laundromat. Unfortunately, there was a TV there, and this awful excuse for a show was on the entire time I was there. I tried to stand on top of a table to try to turn the TV off the show was so excruciatingly bad and annoying, but I couldn't manage it. So, I just had to sit there and wait for my clothes to get done with this trash on.

There was a scene in this show where this unbearably cheeky guy was like, "He was wearing such and such brand of shirt, which indicates he came from the neighborhood of such and such because the socio-economic dynamics of that neighborhood match the victimology of the yadayadayada."

Right. That's how real life works. There would never be any uncertainty, any painstaking investigation, any drawn-out process, any wrong conclusions. Everything, every answer, is right there for the taking and it's found in one second. Yeah, right, that's how things work.

This show is absolutely terrible. It's one of the most annoying shows I've ever seen. It's very, very, very bad.

While doing laundry tonight, I wanted to rip the TV off of the wall and throw it off of a bridge, this show is THAT bad.
34 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Same Old Junk
generationofswine29 October 2016
This is yet another show forced upon me by my significant other and....It wouldn't be bad if it was the first of it's kind, but it's not, this is exactly like ALL the other shows she makes me watch.

Honestly, you've seen this before, back when it was called "Law & Order." What you have here is another procedural. What you have here is yet another in a long lines of crime shows that imitate one another.

"Criminal Minds" is just like "Law & Order," which in turn is just like "Law & Order: SVU," which is just like "NCIS" which is just like "How to Get Away With Murder." The cast is different, the characters are different, but honestly, it is the exact same show. You hardly even notice the different dialogue between the shows. The differences are so subtle it's hard to tell them all apart.

Don't get me wrong, if you are the type that enjoys the soothing, warm, blanket of repetition. If you are one of the people that fears change. if you do not have an adventurous bone in your body, than this is the show for you.

If repetitive, goose-stepping, conformity is your cup of tea than this is the show for you. You can rest assured that "Criminal Minds" will be no different than the thousand other television shows that are exactly like it.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
TV Show In General
legalgus8 February 2012
This show has denigrated into the biggest stinking pile of garbage I have seen in a long time. This baby boy/baby girl crap between Garcia, the overweight creepy, weepy computer tech. and one of the BAU has got to be the most ridiculous piece of writing I have seen in a long time. Then you throw in Prentiss and the genius geek with all their personal problems and it equals an extremely weak writing staff without any ideas except falling back on the BAU members personal and family problems. Jeez, talk about a big pile of stink. I used to watch and DVR this show when it first came on the air, now I do not even bother, especially when I see an episode with some sort of member problem like Garcia and her boyfriend. Who gives a crap about her personal problems. Do your job, suck it up or start a Hallmark store with Prentiss and the other weak members of your team.
28 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Used to be a good series
Shelly L.22 February 2016
Criminal Minds started out really well. A little bit of psychological and sociological background being introduced to the general public to get a grasp on criminal profiling. The episodes were entertaining, the characters relatable yet realistically flawed. However from season 6 on, this series just spiraled downward. The cases lost the grip they had had on the audience, became dull and left you cold. In an attempt to make up for unimaginative cases and the routine that had set it when watching the team profile, gore and violence was increased and to even it out cheesy background plots for the characters were added. Sometimes it's just better to quit while you're ahead.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a fan anymore
Helle Benzon26 March 2017
I was a hardcore fan for 11 seasons. I've seen every episode, but this last season is absolutely the s'worst. I don't know if they got new writers, or the writers are just totally out of touch with the fanbase, but it has become ridiculous and soap-like. The Reid-line has taken forever, and it's really painful to watch. I think, I'll drop the show, and maybe pick it up again later, when they maybe get it back to it's former standards. But I fear, that this is it for Criminal Minds. With the downfall, I'm not sure it will survive for a 13th season.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
ratings steadily declining over the years
Mocking Bird15 July 2017
Love Mandy and I guess that carried the show for me while he was on it. Once he left there seemed to be a major decline in scripts and actors.

Then each actor needed to have an episode about their personal angst. Which could have been interesting if the writers were any good, instead peeking into the agents personal lives just seemed tawdry and cheap.

What has finally tipped the scale to where I can not abide this show is the actor who plays David Rossi. This actor is 70 yrs old and looks 80. Since when does the FBI allow a 70 yr old agent to run around the field? Every time he is on I see his chicken neck and unctuous behavior. Rest of the cast has devolved into one of each for PC purposes.

Oh, and baby girl needs to learn how to professionally dress and speak or she would have been fired so fast.

There is a lot more that has been said in other 1 star reviews so I will end my gripe.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Epitomizes everything I hate about crime procedurals
conanyouredevilish11 August 2013
Criminal Minds seems to fall in the category of popular enough that people who loves lazily written, simple to follow, repetitive garbage will watch it in masses, but bad enough that most critics, professional or online, prefers not to acknowledge its existence. I normally don't do reviews, however with this show heading into it's 9th season, proper criticism is long overdue. Crime procedurals is not a TV genre I'm a fan of and generally avoid them. However I started watching this show after seeing the short lived series Higher Ground and thinking AJ Cook really had potential. After seeing all her later movies, this show was all that's left so I started watching it and hoped it wasn't too bad. I set my standards too high.

Saying this show is unoriginal is an understatement. I don't think there's a single thing about this show that wasn't taken from somewhere else. Heck the creators admits to taking ideas off real life cases. First off the characters. They are cardboard stock characters from other crime procedurals. Some of them are blatant ripoffs when I hear more about other crime procedurals like NCIS and Numbers. You got the old wise mentor, the apathetic boss, the tough guy, the socially awkward genius, the woman who can hang with the boys, the token eye candy, and stolen from NCIS, the computer expert who's suppose to be wild and funny. If they don't sound cliché enough, their distinction is maximized. For example the apathetic boss is so devoid of personality that the actor didn't felt necessary to give him any facial expressions. The tough guy is always the one tackling people. The socially awkward genius has a social past so pathetic Steve Urkel and the geeks from Big Bang Theory come off as more realistic people. The token eye candy (AJ's character) is basically a glorified extra who barely does anything. Their wardrobe never changes either just in case it's not blatant enough what type of characters these are. Boss is always wearing a suit, tough guy is dressed up like he's running a military obstacle course, genius looks like he works in a cubicle, the female agents are dressed up like GQ models and the "funny" computer whiz has over the top hair, layers of makeup and an outfit that overall makes her look like some sort runaway from the circus.

As for the story, what story? It takes ques from CSI and every other popular CBS crime show of having that overproduced Michael Bay inspired look as well as grotesque and shocking images and ideas. CSI started this with their forensics and dead bodies while Criminal Minds seems to be aiming for as close to Saw levels. Cause you know, Michael Bay and Saw is what people like to flock to. Episodes themselves are completely by the books. Opening scene will be about the case in question. We hit credits then someone on the team will cite some historical figure at the beginning and end of every episode. This idea apparently was stolen from another crime show. Team presents the case so the audience can follow what's going on. Killer is almost always a guy, victims is almost always women, local authority is almost always incompetent morons. Team will try and piece things together while the killer is doing something that escalates the matters. This is how episodes constantly keeps you on edge. They will also play overly dramatic music to let the audience know how they should be feeling cause things aren't blatant enough already and this show likes to treat it's audience like morons. Though if people actually think this show has great writing then I guess the creators aren't wrong there. The team figures it at the end then gives a exposition dump, if they haven't already, to the audience, uh, I mean authorities like they're reading off a script. Okay they are actually reading off a script, but you're not suppose to make it look like they are. They always make it in the last moment with tough guy tackling the killer. Case has been solved in the course of a day or two. The End.

This is all then repeated in a infinite loop until this show gets cancelled. Everything this show specializes is pretty much everything I hate about the crime procedural genre. There's no story or character development at all. The most you get is if something is happening to the actors in real life (like they're leaving the series) and the writers are forced to accommodate to the change. Speaking of change, the cast has been changed a number of times and the new actor generally looks like the last actor. How original. Well to be fair, they did try the bold move of replacing AJ's token eye candy with Rebecca Locke from the series the Inside. I'm not kidding, it's Rebecca Locke with Rachel Nichols playing her also, except she has CM's craptastic writing behind her. Most of what you know about the characters are given in throwaway lines that never gets followed up on. Not that it matters, whenever they do try and develop these "characters", it's always cringe worthy. If the writers just happens to be planning (read: not a reaction to real life) to bring in a character that gets close to a main cast, they are sure to die just for more shock value and things reset back to status quo: the way the writers like it. It's apparent shock value is the only writing skills the staff has. There's not even any concept episodes shows like these like to try out once and a while. You know the episodes that's completely different from the usually. I'm utterly convinced the writers of this series does not have a creative bone in their bodies.

I cannot wait for the day this series gets cancelled cause good riddance and hopefully I can enjoy AJ Cook in something again.
31 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why do people support shows like this?
JBob325 September 2009
The characters in this show rarely talk to each other in a realistic manner. You can divide the dialogue into categories: putting someone down, describing an "unsub", delivering plot points (narrative), cool sounding sound-bites and the occasional, extremely rare, actual human interaction.

Who ever heard of a team of 5 people giving a presentation to a local police detachment where each team member speaks one sentence in a choreographed verbal merry-go-round. But this happens in each and every episode.

Predictable per episode: - the black guy will tackle someone without any assistance just before everyone else arrives (I guess he drives in a different and faster car) - the local law enforcement are idiots and are berated as such multiple times - the word "unsub" will be repeated multiple times and other "technical" terms will be used to make the team sound extra smart and then the terms will be explained to the locals who are too stupid to understand - one character will walk into a room and ask another "whats up?" at which point the other character will explain some detail of the case as if the first person had no training whatsoever. In reality this is just talking directly to the audience and delivering plot points to move the story along according to the predictable fill in the blanks script pattern.

Horrible, yet typical crime drama.
61 out of 117 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.