Wonder Woman (2017) Poster

(2017)

2,451 Reviews
Silly action movie = no masterpiece
WeeClaude10 June 2017
I wanted to like Wonder Woman, but I just can't get aboard the hype train. It's really the same as every other cartoonish, overblown comic-book action movie, except with a female protagonist.

Actually, this is worse than the average comic book movie, because it preaches to the audience about pacifism but then hypocritically celebrates "heroic" violence. In other words: Wonder Woman is an alleged pacifist who kills a bunch of people. Wonder Woman is also an alleged feminist, who allows Steve Trevor to drive the entire plot and basically steal the movie from her. Really, this thing is about as progressive as Dick Cheney's great-great grandfather.

I could forgive Wonder Woman's flimsy social commentary, if it were any good in other respects. But the plot is loose and shabby, the CGI is poor, and about half the scenes were shot in front of a green screen. Sometimes, I couldn't tell if I was watching a real movie, or Patty Jenkins playing God of War on her Playstation 2. (When exactly did cinema and video games blend into this horrible hybrid art form, which has none of the beauty and charm of old-school cinema?)

And don't get me started on the villains. The World War I era Germans are depicted as cartoonishly eeeevil, while the same era's British Empire is held up as a heroic ideal. Meanwhile, the main villain is a nightmare of bad CGI, who looks like he belongs on a 1980s heavy metal album cover. Naturally, they got a wonderful actor for this stupid part and wasted him entirely.

Perhaps I'm going overboard on criticisms, but we need some balance to the rapturous praise this film has received. Movie fans often accuse professional critics of being too harsh, but lately, I think critics have actually become too lenient. Mainstream movies get dumber, louder and tackier all the time, and they are increasingly substituting mawkishness for real emotion and character development. And yet the critics have given this thing a great Rotten Tomatoes rating! I guess we've all lowered our standards to rock bottom?
1,588 out of 2,407 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
3 Stars For Her Thin Legs And Slim Waist
jason-jaynes4 February 2021
Ratings are otherwise too high for this movie

I am certain this is not the first time i disagree with the general consensus. The film was slow and does not deliver with the plot. The character development was slow and the acting by Gal gadot wooded which carried into the movie most of the time. It's a cliched movie and while not awful i think it's one of the most over-rated.
63 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seems Like Audiences Have Lowered Their Standards
lokeyoce11 May 2021
This was disappointing. The rating is too high. The story was trying hard to create villains and hide a surprise and a reveal and instead managed to drag things out and become boring. The acting was bad. Actress was hiding behind the effects and should do B movies.
65 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
casting couch??
nigakic-799822 May 2021
That would be my explanation how anyone gave Gal Gadot a role. Weird. So bad with her words and wording.

This movie was terrible!! I can say it was boring too. Patty Jenkins is silly and an amateur!! This movie has all CI for everyone to hide behind. Gal Gadot gave a drama school performance and Steve Trevor was bad perhaps reacting to a silly script. After this movie, I can say DCEU is finished.
46 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Have a poll for you
gregor-yuv18 May 2021
Which one is worse?

Wonder Woman (2017) featuring apartheid actress Gal Gadot (Hollywood Zionist quota) or

Thunder Force (2021) featuring the women from the McDonalds' counter

Thanks for voting!.
56 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Couldn't Get Over The Irony
luaang-laang1 June 2021
Se is supposed to be for justice and this film is supposed to e anti war, but the main actress is an apartheid soldier. How about some self awareness?

I am utterly uninterested in The Great War a.k.a. World War I.

Three stars because the character is unpretentious and sleeps with the first man she meets as soon as they are alone.
38 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Casting couch???
febror-klaus25 May 2021
Drivel Shocked how high the rating is for this boring snorefest.

Utter drivel. Waste not your life on this farce. Boycott this Hollywood boondoggle.

World War I was never so stale.
33 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
She is a bad actress
famer-2963631 May 2021
She is a beatifull girl but unfortunely she can not act.
40 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No Thanks
Aaron-harlow25 April 2020
I'll keep it simple..

If this script (if it could be called a script) had not been from DC, it would have never reached theaters (and perhaps not even on cable TV movies).

Long, boring and pointless.
321 out of 493 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lazy writing at its best
kamin-987-8083469 June 2017
First of all, this movie only made money because it's a superhero movie. Everyone likes superheroes and there is no way a parent is not going to take their children to see it. Look at Transformers. Most of the movies are downright idiotic but it still makes money because it's.....Transformers. So all popular comic book hero movies will make money period.

I can't make sense of the movie and I really don't think the writers knew either. Her morales flip flop, the bad guy has no real reason to be "bad", the good guy has no real reason to "die." The side characters really didn't serve much of a purpose.

Some parts of the movie are decent and a few seconds later, the same scene turn into a total crapfest. The 3rd part is an utter mess and that act alone should be more then enough reason to keep WW off the top of the charts but somehow has a 94% rating on RT? That right there shows you that ratings are padded because you can't have at least 1/3 of a movie be total trash, 1/3 of the movie just corny dialog and somehow end up at the top of the charts.
915 out of 1,466 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
Dexter-hangae13 June 2020
Watch the video of the head of the DC studio look almost stricken with Alzheimers as he shakes and trembles declaring to reporters there will be more there will be more of course we will make sequels... that is how desperate this studio

Wonder Woman has as much wonder as the new Star Wars has force.

utterly boring and dull. They better put the actress in a microskirt and heels if they want anyone to watch the next one.
236 out of 372 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bloated Mess that feels like it was directed by Rian Johnson
thomasiveshcsoe28 December 2020
Bloated, poorly written, bad comedic scenes and a plot that makes zero sense. The characters are significantly dumbed down from the first movie, the relationship issues displayed ultimately mean nothing. There is zero character development. Feels like a cross between the Nonsense plot of the Last Jedi and Ghostbusters (2016) I recommend using this movie to torture detainees in GITMO.
80 out of 119 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gal Gadot and agent, please don't downvote my review
Aaron-James214 June 2020
It is just that your acting is shaky. It was a pretty boring movie and the ending was nonsense but a little forced because bringing back this franchise demands three movies and two sequels and they had to do this for money I suppose. It just didn't make sense and how literally everyone in the world did not find this land in seconds. Also can you look at the Wonder Woman comic books and respect those just a little?
232 out of 366 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Wanted a Good female super hero but this was boring
karen-suzuki5 July 2020
Why choose the first world war? This is your typical super hero film, there is not a lot of great cinematography and typical interchangeable music score. There's no in-depth characters too. The action scenes were limited because it is the world war. Definitely a boring watch.
208 out of 327 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really Bad Acting
In a boring movie

Looking at these reviews where Gal and her mom and agent are spamming I felt I had to write one myself. All I see is her reviews saying how good this film is.Trust me this is a bad watch. I watched for free at home both times i hated.the beginning and the end.

If you are looking for a good action film with a good cast and story this is it. The scenery is amazing and the action scenes look amazing there are even funny scenes in this film.

Don't listen to the haters who feel threatened by this film just watch and enjoy as i have and others.
229 out of 364 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such A Mary Sue
jecyyru26 April 2020
She was so miscast, so unbelievable, the story was so contrived and illogical that I was sure this was written or directed by Jar Jar Abrams. ?!?! Apparently it is not. OK!!
240 out of 392 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such a let down
craigmewett27 December 2020
The best thing about this movie is it shows which critics are in the pockets of the movie studio, or that are so totally out of touch with reality that their opinion is irrelevant to the mainstream movie watcher.

I was being kind with the 3/10, I paused it twice to go and do something more interesting... like cleaning the oven.
60 out of 91 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yeah
2 stars for female lead movies but she allows the disgusting male gaze defile her temple of a body. As for people who call her apartheid Gal: there are no excuses for you and your disgusting behaviour. Womyn can do no wrong.

Change the title to Wonder Womyn for the next sequel.
25 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A laughable mess in slow motion Warning: Spoilers
I'm definitely the minority here, but I can't get over the fact that this film is rated higher than films like Enter the Void, Moonlight, The Kings Speech, Spotlight and sooo many other much better films. The critics took the money on this one and ran.

To me, this film was cheesy, campy, and completely missed the mark. The ridiculous costume that is clearly symbolic for America ( there's clearly a fuc*ing gold eagle on her chest and it's red white and blue), yet she hails from Greece and calls herself an Amazonian God - WTF?!! AMAZONIAN!?!?!? I was so confused. Then, there is an American who is a British Spy (huh?) Most of the German Nazis speak with British accents and she can deflect bullets yet she loses her hearing to explosions.... I'm sorry, but I just could not get past this to enjoy the film. As an origin story, it's completely ludicrous. Maybe it worked back when the comic was written, but today it just comes off as a desperate attempt to pry the money from people that want to be viewed as politically correct. If you study film and take movies seriously, you should avoid a visit to the theater for this one. Watch it at home for free and make your own opinion, but I can see this media-con being laughable in 20 years.
1,042 out of 1,830 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful casting choices.
13SecondFilmReviews26 April 2020
Gal is not right in this. The story is so contrived that my suspension of disbelief never got an inch off the ground. And neither did the plot. The acting wasn't bad, they were just poorly cast.
166 out of 275 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stunning but why so timber?
alekseivinogradsky11 January 2021
Gal Gadot is absolutely stunning as a woman, but who on Earth was controlling her fists, her posture and movements? Was she told to look that timbery?
34 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring Woman
oahllrrq19 April 2020
Boring DC movie. Really boring movie. One of worst from DC in recent times. 3/10

That 3 stars is because she puts out fast
146 out of 243 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
She ain't no Wonder Woman!
Winter2312 June 2019
... Far from it. There are so many better choices. Her acting is stiff... Just bad.
97 out of 159 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring and really bad acting
sarah-ameera199317 May 2021
I understand that the plot could be interesting to some people, but boy could they at least get a better actress.
28 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really?!?
toshiem3 June 2017
I was SO excited to see this movie and thirty minutes in I was......... BORED! And there was another 110 minutes left! The acting was not great and accents seemed to change every few lines for every character. It seemed like Gal Gadot was constantly posing for a photo shoot instead of acting - I think I caught "Blue Steel" face a few times. Gal is gorgeous but I did not get Amazonia princess from her - could they not have found an actress with muscle? Felicity Jones in Rogue One was more Wonder Woman! Of course the movie had to throw in the bits about being beautiful AND smart - but not too smart because a man had to explain snow and she was not so Amazonian that she didn't like looking drop dead gorgeous for the guys. Nope, no Wonder Woman here - just another Hollywood "preach it" to the public movie only this time the super hero is thin, scantily glad, super duper smartish/childish, and condescending.
856 out of 1,566 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.