Wonder Woman (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 29 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence and action, and some suggestive content|
Sex & Nudity
- No female nudity.
- Nude male with genitals covered (Funny scene)
- A man is seen emerging from a pool naked, we cut away to avoid seeing his penis. This is followed by a close frontal shot showing him bare-chested, and a long frontal shot with only his hand covering his penis. The heroine walks in and stares unabashedly and carries on a full conversation until he finally puts on a towel.
- A man defines himself as being 'above average' in comparison to the general male gender in answer to the heroine's question as she observes him
- A prolonged conversation references sleeping with women outside of marriage, reproductive biology and 'the pleasures of the flesh'. Diana asks Steve to "sleep" with him (non sexual - as in go to sleep - showing her naivity to slang terms and current culture) Steve awkwardly lays down next to her, both remain fully clothed.
- Later in the movie Steve enters Diana's room at night and they kiss. Scene cuts away showing the light left on. Steve later tells Diana that he is now in love with her.
- Wonder Woman's costume has a short skirt and does not cover up any of her leg.
- A man makes a comment "I don't know if I'm aroused or afraid" (After WW beats up another man) meant for humor.
Violence & Gore
- The opening scenes portray combat training.
- No fresh blood is seen on any wounds.
- Various war and battle sequences featuring hand-to-hand combat, guns, bows and arrows, grenades, spears, sword fighting and gas explosions.
- A fight scene near the beginning of the film includes various injuries including; arrows through the chest, neck, arms and legs; a gun shot to the stomach; stab wounds via the use of a sword.
- An injured man is seen without a leg.
- One man is shot in the face.
- A man is experimented upon in a gas chamber, at the end his gas mask is removed
- A room full of men are gassed to death.
- Not much blood is shown despite the above. No dismemberments are shown.
- Extremely mild for a modern film's level of language.
- Only one use of "damn" and two uses of "hell."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man takes a cyanide pill to prevent himself from being captured and interrogated. A close up on his face shows foaming at the mouth.
- A man intermittently inhales a gas to give him strength. Its effects are drug-like and he appears addicted.
- A scene in a pub with a man at the bar smoking and various people seen with drinks.
- Drinking beer around a campfire.
- Characters are seen to be drinking beer and spirits
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- One scene features a man close to drowning.
- A woman falls a long way down the side of a building.
- Various battle and war scenes, refer to the violence and gore section.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A woman has a clay or plastic mask. at the end of the movie the mask is removed and a scarred face is shown, with parts of her skin / mouth missing (not as disturbing as Two-Face in Dark Knight or Silva in Skyfall)
- A man sacrifices his life to save others - Spoiler: The man, Steve Trevor, destroys a plane full of bombs with himself still inside. We see the tough decision play across his face, but the explosion and death is only seen from a distance. Diana witnesses the explosion and expresses deep anguish and goes into a fit of rage. This is very emotional and disturbing.