Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 28 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for thematic material including disturbing sequences of violence and terror, frightening images and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Brief surfing scene where a women is seen in a bikini and man topless
- On TV, under "Adult" title: two women standing side to side, in their underwear. (About 29 minutes into it.)
- A painting showing a woman baring her breast for breastfeeding. Very brief. (About 1 hour 13-14 minutes)
- A man looks at some case files. The pictures in the files are of people that died in the bathtub. The photos show them from the shoulders up.
Violence & Gore
- A man kicks an undead corpse in the face, shattering its face (we see its jaw hanging).
- A man's hand is closed in a window that shuts on him (we see his bloody hand, and we see blood on towels and he screams).
- A man is burned by hot water.
- A man is burned, we see his charred skin.
- A young girl walks barefoot on glass, we see blood on her feet.
- A girl dies, then turns to dust and ashes.
- We see photos of people with slit throats (with blood surrounding the body, and with splatters on walls), one drowning victim under water in a bathtub, and others with bloody wounds.
- We see the ghostly image of a man walk to an open window and jump out; then a woman does the same thing and we hear her scream (they disappear as they reach the ground).
- We hear that a woman gouged her own eyes out with scissors and was laughing hysterically. We read about a man jumping out a window to commit suicide.
- Blood drips from cracks in a wall.
- A man nearly falls out of a window after being attacked by the ghostly image of a 1950's-dressed woman.
- A little girl is seen in a hospital bed, dying in front of her parents from some illness, presumably cancer. After her death, both parents argue loudly.
- A newspaper article is seen with the headline, "Factory Owner Leaps from Hotel Window: Mystery Surrounds The Tragic Suicide Of Successful Chicago Factory Owner At NY Hotel", accompanied by a photograph.
- One use of the f-word, 14 scatological terms(shit), 6 anatomical terms, 16 mild obscenities, name-calling ( bitch, idiot, evil), 6 religious profanities, 10 religious exclamations. Subtitles for the movie reveal a second, inaudible use of the f-word.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man is seen shouting violently at a fridge full of booze, saying, "I want my drink!"
- A man holds a lit cigar and a snifter of cognac (we don't see him smoke or drink).
- A man offers liquor to a man who refuses initially but accepts eventually and drinks a couple of shots, a woman drinks wine.
- A man drinks alcohol from a small bottle in a hotel room, and a man holds a beer bottle.
- We see two other presumably empty bottles in the background and he takes a drink from the one he is holding.
- A man smokes a cigarette, a man offers another man a cigar (he declines), and a man has a cigarette behind his ear in many scenes and places it in an ashtray, unlit, in several scenes (we are told that he was a smoker and that he quit some time ago).
- A man fears that he has been drugged and that he is hallucinating.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Everything listed in the Violence & Gore category can be considered intense or disturbing.
Violence & Gore
- It is mentioned that in 1912, a sewing machine salesman cut his own throat and then tried to sew himself back together again before bleeding to death. Later on the long-dead corpse of the salesman chases another man through an air duct.
- In the extended edition, Mike sees himself and his mentally ill dad fighting beneath the vent while he is in the vent at the public park about Katie (Mike's daughter) and Mike says "The problem is you never gave a shit." Then his dad says "I never gave a shit because you're a bullshitin' writer!"