Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 26 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence, and language|
Sex & Nudity
- The edited version, has no real S or N. the unedited version has some.
- Early in the film, Hancock has sex with a woman (off-screen but you hear it) and 19.88 seconds after she starts he climaxes and it shoots through the roof. (No nudity is seen.) - This is in the unrated version.
- In one scene you can see Hancock with the burning clothes entering an ice cream truck.
- Husband cuddles and kisses wife multiple times.
- A man kisses another mans wife in a kitchen.
- A man and his wife kiss several times throughout the movie.
Violence & Gore
- During a shoot out at a bank, Hancock sees police dead on the ground and he goes to save a female cop who has been shot in the leg with blood coming out of the wound.
- During a police car chase Hancock busts through a sign causing cop cars to crash but none are killed.
- Also featured in the car chase three gang members shoot Hancock in the face with no effect, but then he gets angry and picks up the car the gang members are in, smashes it on a building without harming them, and scares the gang members.
- While in a traffic jam a man is stuck in a car on the railroad tracks but Hancock saves him by flipping his car and breaking the train.
- Guns are shown and fired several times in the movie. Some gunshots wounds are shown.
- Fighting and violence throughout, including shootings with people shot with blood seen.
- A man has his head shoved up the butt of another man (done offscreen) but the results are shown.
- A man's hands get cut off twice; once offscreen and later briefly onscreen (no blood). Then he's hacked in the neck with an axe (barely visible due to speed and darkness in scene).
- 2 uses of "fuck" (1 is hard to hear due to an explosion), 7 uses of "shit", 2 uses of "prick", 29 uses of "ass" (20 paired with "hole"), 2 uses of "bitch", 2 uses of "damn", 1 use of "bastard", and 1 use of "piss".
- Besides the 27 other clearly heard uses of ass the scene where Hancock saves a man from a train a crowd starts insulting him and asshole and drunk asshole is used.
- Hancock tells a man to sue McDonald's because they fucked him up
- Hancock is very frequently called an Asshole throughout the movie
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Hancock drinks heavily throughout
- A man gets intoxicated after dinner
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some frightening scenes throughout the film, however the movie is well within the PG-13 rating.
- The hospital scene is pretty intense.
- Lots of scenes where a city is damaged wrecklessly and innocent people are put in danger.
- The fight scene between Hancock and Mary is intense.
- The villain wears an intimidating black mask and goggles that may scare younger viewers.
- It should be noted that this movie had to be edited twice to avoid an R rating.