Take the Lead (2006)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for thematic material, language and some violence|
Sex & Nudity
- A main character's mother supports her family through prostitution - nothing is shown. Suggestive dancing throughout - great dancing in all genres, but many moves are sexual in nature in tango, hip hop, modern dance, etc.
Violence & Gore
- A young man shown vandalizing a car, smashing the windows out. Same character is later beaten by drug dealers.
- Mild profanity used is the movie and in the lyrics of some of the hip-hop music played in the movie.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A main character's parents are shown as drunk and/or stoned at the beginning of the movie. A few drug deals are shown in the video.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A man tries to forcefully solicit the daughter of the mother who is prostituting herself to support her family. He is unsuccessful. One of the students involved in drug dealing has a pistol put to his head as coercion to complete a deal. He later turns the gun toward his aggressors. (Nobody is shot.)