The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for violence and intense sequences of action|
Sex & Nudity
- A brief flashback of sensual kissing.
Violence & Gore
- Bourne takes out several men in the Waterloo station with hand to hand combat.
- In the beginning, Bourne nurses a fairly bloody bullet wound, and two cops try to arrest him, but he disarms and knocks one over, and holds the other at gunpoint.
- A man is shot in the head by a sniper (we see a spurt of blood and see him lying dead on the ground with a pool of blood under his head.)
- A man being tested in a training session shoots another man who's seated in the corner of a room with a hood over his head and his hands bound.
- A bomb explodes as a car drives by, killing the man in the car; all we see is the explosion.
- Two men get into a long and brutal fight in an apartment, and one of them throws the other down and mercilessly punches him. A woman tries to attack him, but he kicks her and knocks her down. The other man recovers and both continue to fight, hitting each other with different objects. Their fight goes into the bathroom, where one of them finally puts the other into a hold until he loses consciousness.
- Overall, the movie is quite intense, but the body count is very low for an action movie. Although it's frenetic and somewhat jarring, and includes lots of hand-to-hand combat, injury, and explosions, it maintains a low amount of violence.
- 6 uses of "hell".
- 3 uses of "Jesus," 1 use of "God," 1 use of "Jesus Christ," and 4 uses of "Christ."
- 2 uses of "damn and 3 uses of "godd*mn."
- 4 uses of "Christ."
- 3 uses of "sh*t."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A couple people are injected with a needle which causes them to pass out.
- A woman has a glass of beer in front of her on a table (we do not see her drink).
- A man injects himself (very brief) with what is implied to be medicine to help a wound.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A man gets shot in the shoulder (not shown) and in the aftermath he has to treat the injury himself.
- The fight between Bourne and Desh is very intense and brutal.
- The flashbacks of torture type training are quite frightening.
- The several chase scenes and uses of gun fire are very intense.
- The car chase is very intense.
- The entire movie is very suspenseful, intense, and fast paced.