Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 12 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for some mild language and innuendo|
Sex & Nudity
- Manny describes that Ellie is considered attractive to the mammoth species because of the size of her butt.
Violence & Gore
- We see Scrat trying to scale a glacier but ends up hanging from his tongue where the tip is frozen to the ice. After freeing himself from that, his body then fills up with a water leak, prompting him to fall a long distance where he crashes through some ice, bumps his head on more and then lands hard on some ice. Played for comical effect.
- There are a few other minor scrapes, including a short battle between Manny and some sea monsters, but none of it is very aggressive or gory.
- 1 incomplete use of Son of a Bitch
- 3 uses of "ass" (2 use used to describe a burro, and 1 uses used appropriately to describe a burro's 'donkey' mother).
- 2 uses of "crap".
- At one point, a possum calls Manny a "pervert".
- Single use of the word, "dam", by a beaver.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Death is a major theme in the film. Encroaching water is the theme throughout, since the movie is set in a large valley surrounded by a high dam of melting ice.
- The water contains what, a quick web search suggests, look like a Kronosaurus, a Liopleurodon and a whole load of Megapiranhas - all toothy, and hungry. There are a few scenes where the main characters are threatened by these underwater monsters.
- Two notable deaths occur. The first is quite subtle, where a swimming glyptodont disappears and his empty shell resurfaces. The second is Scrat who, after a long fall into some gushing water, finds himself in Nut Heaven, only then to be revived by Sid.