Catch a Fire (2006)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for thematic material involving torture and abuse, violence and brief language|
Sex & Nudity
- There's a bare buttocks scene near the end
Violence & Gore
- It's a film about guerilla attacks on apartheid South African infrastructure. There are explosions, shootouts, police and military raids, training camps and target shooting, scenes detailing bombs and guns, and dialogue about willingness to kill or be killed. Multiple scenes of military and plainclothes police shooting people in the back, as well as people shooting back and killing police and military. Blood is visible but it's not at all gory. Just kinda morbid to see people falling after being hit with a bullet. Several scenes of security police torturing main characters by beating them, holding them underwater, making threats...
- Appears rarely. A child curses at one point and is reprimanded by an adult.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- None of these things feature prominently in the film. A couple scenes that include characters holding and drinking from bottles of beer.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are scenes of torture: characters being beaten and held underwater. There's a scene where the military ambushes the rebels and dozens of characters are shown being shot or laying dead following the attack. The focus is on the attack though, not sensationalizing any person being shot to death.