V for Vendetta (2005)
- The start of the film has V and Evey making similar preparations as they begin their work (V and Evey even have opposite pan shots from a mirror).
- Both undergo disfigurement (V is scarred, and Evey loses most of her hair).
- V was created through fire (the laboratory fire scene), signifying destruction and vengeance. In contrast, Evey is reborn through water (the raining rooftop scene), signifying rebirth and forgiveness. The movie ends with V's death, symbolizing the end of suffering and vengeance, leaving room for Evey and forgiveness, and rebirth.
- V's introductory monologue to Evey begins and ends with "V", has five sentences, and contains forty-nine words that begin with "V".
- V notes that Evey's name is special, pronouncing it as "E-V". E is the fifth letter of the alphabet and V is Latin for five (V is also the fifth letter from the end of the alphabet).
- V is held in Larkhill cell number "V" (Latin for five).
- The phrase on V's mirror reads: "Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici" ("By the power of truth, I, a living man, have conquered the universe").
- The scar on Evey's forehead is in the shape of a sideways V.
- In a dance with Evey, the song V chooses is number five on his jukebox (if you look closely, all the songs on his jukebox are numbered "5").
- When V confronts Creedy in his house, he plays Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, whose opening notes have a rhythmic pattern that resembles the letter "V" in Morse code (...-). The Symphony's opening was used as a call sign in the European broadcasts of the BBC during World War II, in reference to Winston Churchill's "V for Victory".
- The film's title itself is also a reference to "V for Victory". In the battle with Creedy and his men at Victoria station, V forms a "V" with his daggers just before he throws them.
- After the battle, when V is mortally wounded, he leaves a "V" signature in his own blood.
- When the group of Vs marches, Big Ben shows the time at 11:05 p.m., creating a V on the clock face. 11:05 is also the month and day format for the fifth of November.
- The destruction of the Old Bailey and Parliament results in a display of fireworks which form the letter "V".