Red Eye (2005)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 31 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some intense sequences of violence, and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Rippner insinuates that the fight in the bathroom was a "quickie"
- A woman changes in the bathroom. We see her in her bra.
- Leese falls down a flight of stairs, as she falls, her black panties are shown (her butt is covered), cause she's wearing a skirt or dress.
- Moderate references to sex and sexual violence.
- A woman tells a story about how a man attacked her.
- The flight attendants mistakenly believe a man and woman had sex, just because they were seen in the airplane's bathroom, together.
Violence & Gore
- Moderate violence throughout. Injuries are not as accurately depicted, hence less gore. There are scenes of bloodshed, but are brief. A character is stabbed by a pen; this is the most jarring moment in the movie.
- A man knocks out a woman by head-butting her, we hear a crunch and a trickle of blood is seen on the mans forhead.-Fairly brutal
- A violent scene in a airplane bathroom when a man threatens a woman violently, suggesting sexual content, although it never happens,
- A woman brutally stabs a man in the neck with a pen, we hear a grizly crunch and see the impaled pen weeping a trickle of blood.-Brutal
- A man pulls a pen out of his neck, could be difficult for those who are squeamish.
- A man chasing a woman grabs her and pulls her to the ground
- A floor on a tall hotel building explodes-Intense
- A man shoots at a car from a driveway, the driver turns and hits him, smashing him thorugh a glass door and smashing him into the floor. We see a pool of blood forming aound his head, implyign heavy damage to the head/neck-Slightly bloody.
- The movie altogether does not contain much visible blood but in places can be very intense.
- Both of the characters are hurt by each other. A man is hit with a fire extinguisher, then a glass plate. A man is stabbed in the leg by a woman's high heel shoes, then pulls it out immeditally without pain. A old man is knocked out for a short time, the cause is unknown. A man and a woman violently hit eachother, the woman hitting with a cane.
- A man is shot, a small bloody wound is seen briefly, he is then shot again, with a larger and bloodier wound visible.
- About 15 uses of Sh*t
- One use of strong language and infrequent moderate/mild language.
- 'F*ck' is used once. There is another possible one when Lisa is strangled by Jackson. It sounds like "oh, f*ck". There is also a mouthed 'F*ck', by Lisa, at the end of the film.
- 'A**hole' is used by the front desk clerk in the beginning of the movie to describe a couple of rude guests.
- 'Sh*t' is used a couple of times.
- A female character tells another character to shove something "up her a**!"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Mild alcohol use.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Sustained threat and suspense, some disturbing images.
- A hotel has an explosion.
- Rippner is very menacing in the film.
- There is one scene where he suddenly shows up behind a door. Very jumpy scene!
- The climax scene is violent, extremely suspenful and intense.
- The film as a whole is very suspenseful.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There is a plan of an assassination which is attempted, but nobody dies.