Bumblebee would appear as a Volkswagen Beelte in the prequel film Bumblebee (2018).
- Sam and Optimus Prime say the title in their lines.
- Megatron is frozen at Hoover Dam, referring to the first battle between Megatron and Optimus Prime (set on the fictional Sherman Dam).
- Optimus carries an energon blade and Megatron carries a flail (both used these against each other in the above battle, while not in this film).
- The voice of Lieutenant Uhura, from Star Trek (1966), saying "Message from Starfleet." The role of Megatron/Galvatron was previously played by Leonard Nimoy and Frank Welker, who have also both played Spock in Star Trek.
- A line, "Across the inanimate vastness of space," was taken from Orson Welles's infamous 1939 radio broadcast "The War of the Worlds". Welles' final film was The Transformers: The Movie (1986), where he voiced the planet-devouring Unicron.
- A phrase from a sermon, "angels from Heaven". In Japan, the Transformers are known as the "Super God Robot Force."
- A line by John Wayne from El Dorado (1967). Wayne's voice has long been associated as an influence on Peter Cullen's voice for Optimus Prime.
- The tail that forms his left shoulder displays a winged sword enclosed in a shield (the emblem of the Air Combat Command) and the letters "FF 1st FW" (indicating the 1st Fighter Wing, based out of Langley Air Force Base).
- A part of the nose that forms his chest reveals a "flying fist" insignia, which belongs to the 71st Fighter Squadron of that 1st Wing (this squadron still flies Starscream's The Transformers (1984) mode, the F-15 Eagle).
- And his tail markings read "ED," which places him at Edwards Air Force Base (he is also seen among a squadron bearing "ED" tail markings).
- Blackout transforms at the SOCCENT base.
- Bumblebee transforms to catch a falling Sam and Mikaela.
- The Nokia phone becomes a Transformer after exposure to the AllSpark.
- Ironhide and Blackout transform in the Battle of Mission City.
- When Starscream flies into space at the end.
However, this film, Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014), Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) and Bumblebee (2018) released the same year as a Spider-Man film, respectively Spider-Man 3 (2007), The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014), Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018).
Both films were produced by Michael Bay.
- Both films feature similar locations (a dying planet, the Arctic, an underground base, and the Hoover Dam).
- A glowing green artifact from another world plays a prominent part.
- A scene is directly copied where Starscream flies towards the Dam.
- Optimus Prime catches a falling Sam the same way Superman saves Lois Lane (both even say the same line).
- Starscream, like Superman, flies into space at the end.