Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 30 items
- Sex & Nudity (11)
- Violence & Gore (10)
- Profanity (4)
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking (1)
- Frightening & Intense Scenes (2)
- Spoilers (2)
Sex & Nudity
- Men wear a capes with shorts as their battle gear.
- There is a suggestive scene where a topless adolescent girl who is high on fumes rolls around on the floor while an old man whispers in her ear. Breasts seen for about a minute
- Xerxes has strippers in his tent, who prance around with breasts and buttocks visible
- A nude man looks out a window and his butt is seen. He goes to sit down, and you see full frontal nudity, but it is all in shadow
- Some female dresses are pretty revealing
- Extended love scene between Leonidas and the queen; viewers can see her nude breasts and his butt. The adolescent Oracle writhes and sways while wearing a sheer cloth that reveals her breasts. A character unwillingly has sex to procure a politician's favor. Although no nudity is shown in that scene, the aggressor whispers menacingly: "This will not be fast. You will not enjoy this." Xerxes' lair is depicted like an orgy, with various half-dressed Persian women kissing, moaning, and having sex.
- Severe nudity
- A man makes a remark about a young man being too young to have felt the warmth of a woman.
- A woman wears a low-cut dress that reveal cleavage and there is an erotically-presented scene involving multiple naked women. Several women topless . It must be pointed out that while there is upper body female/male nudity in this scene, there is no genital nudity.
- Leonidas' buttocks are briefly shown in the shadows.
- There is a lengthy very graphic sex scene with explicit female breast nudity.
Violence & Gore
- A man got kicked in the chest by an angry spartan soldier.
- A wall made of human corpses can be seen.
- A ton of blood splatters throughout the movie
- Over-the-top battle-scene violence, including graphic decapitations, severed limbs, mutilated bodies piled high, arrow-filled torsos, etc. Young Spartan boys are forced to furiously fight each other. The Spartan mottos are "No retreat, no surrender" and "No prisoners, no mercy."
- A wolf with large fangs and claws and glowing red eyes snarls and circles around a boy, the boy walks into a cave, the wolf follows and lunges for the boy, but it is trapped in a narrow passageway and the boy stabs it through the mouth (we see the shadow on the cave wall of the spear entering the wolf and we hear it whimper).
- A man is struck through the chest by a spear and falls from his horse.
- A man loses the use of his eye during a battle. (Not the actual eye.)
- We see a boy being taken from his mother at the age of 7 (the mother struggles against two guards holding her, as does the boy).
- Many ships are crushed during a heavy storm
- A man grieves over the death of his son.
- Several uses of 'Holy mackerel'
- Colorfully worded insults like: "motherless dogs," "philosophers and boy-lovers," etc.
- 4 uses of hell
- 1 use of whore.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- An adolescent girl gets high on fumes and acts suggestively
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The body count is very high making up to close to 2000 people dying (many which is shown onscreen because of the graphic battle scenes).
- The violence in this movie is graphic. Very bloody and violent movie.
Sex & Nudity
- Theron rapes Queen Gorgo (no nudity).
Violence & Gore
- During the fight with Sparta, it has blood, head cuttings, arm cuttings, and thrown into river scenes