Grey's Anatomy (TV Series 2005– ) Poster

(2005– )

Shades of Grey
nicoledamian12 February 2019
I miss Alex in Pediatrics. Miranda as a strong leader. April in the ER. Cali breaking bones. Meredith and two young guys is unrealistic. Give her a mature man that respects her and her kids and allows her time to operate and research. That's what a tired single mom of 3 really wants. When did this stop being a medical drama and become a soap opera entitled the Weber/Averys standing around talking about a tumor for several episodes. Give me some more medicial drama and less standing around talking. Less grey more Gray!!
38 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
First mid-season show EVER that I actually liked
critical-escapist12 July 2005
If you think ABC can't get any better - you're wrong. With the great success over smash-hits, "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost" they also picked up a few shows over mid-season hoping for more success. They got "Jake in Progress," "Eyes" and "Grey's Anatomy" - but "Grey's Anatomy" is definitely considered the best out of those three.

Grey's Anatomy stars Ellen Pompeo (who has starred in a few movies but was never really noticeable) as the narrator - Meredith Grey. Her mother is the famous surgeon and she is trying to follow in her mother's footsteps. The story revolves around her time as an intern and the people she meets and sort of is portrayed as "survival camp for medical students." The minute she arrives at work, she meets Christina Yang (Sandra Oh - flawless in her bitchy supporting role), George O'Malley (T.R. Knight - one word: breakthrough performer), Izzie Stevens (Katherine Heighl - very, very believable as a model who is more like the girl-next-door), and Alex Karev (Justin Chambers - plays sort of a not-so-likable person). Most of all, there is Dr. Derek Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey - very attractive), the man that Meredith had a one-night stand with - he just happens to be her boss.

This is a show that wants to be liked. It just sort of screams in your face "Love me!" with all its interesting characters who are very different from each other and a nice plot that you just have to be addicted to. The supporting work is clearly a winner. It has a very lovable supporting cast with T.R. Knight as the sweet and sort of the "average guy" as George O'Malley and Katherine Heigl who is very likable in her role - even Sandra Oh is a clear winner on top. And my personal favorite is "the Nazi" - Dr. Miranda Bailey who is played by Chandra Wilson. Very, very well done.

This is sort of a soapy spin on "Scrubs" and "ER" but with light comedy/romance and serious and intense drama where character build up the plot. Some of the characters may get a bit annoying for your taste (ex. Meredith Grey) but the acting is just superb and you can't help liking it. It has a guilty-pleasure feel to it and you just can't help but stay up late for this show. This show is definitely not about "medicine" - when it has to deal with medicine, it has a clear soft side to it. The doctors play heroes (pretty clichéd, but yeah - this IS a hospital show) and save lives or care or has to live up to certain defeat. Just to be aware: This is a show about relationships-within-a-hospital and the life of each person that works there.

The show breaks all the "bad" mid-season shows record. It is just extremely enjoyable. Go check it out - you'll definitely like it if not love it.
205 out of 252 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Initially seasons are good but ridiculous now
maniwood30 January 2019
First few seasons were good, but slowly all good and interesting characters were killed off, now show is not bearable.
39 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lost a lot of steam over the years
tainemil-88-6771153 November 2018
This show was a lot of fun to watch when the original cast were there, but as the seasons went on, and character after character were killed off, it lost its charm. Few of the newer cast are interesting to watch, with the exception of Amelia, whose neurotic behavior is just hilarious when you consider she's a neurosurgeon... When they killed off everyone in Meredith's family, there just wasn't enough to keep me watching. Lexie was the last straw!
33 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
With "Anatomy," ABC Scores A Triple!
cchase1 November 2005
The Network From Nowhere really knocked me for a loop by smacking the viewing audience upside its collective head with THREE strong series that came out winners: "Desperate Housewives" and "LOST" being the first two.

Now that we are well into the second season for both of those, and their story arcs are looking a little 'iffy', it's the third and most surprising contender, "Grey's Anatomy", that looks to be the strongest of the bunch. As the follow-up riding on "Housewives'" coattails, I was ready to dismiss it outright as "Ally McBeal in hospital scrubs." But not having much else to watch in that time slot, I decided to give it a try, and was I pleasantly shocked! Though there ARE some moments where the principal characters come off as self-centered, neurotic and at times downright eccentric, it never reached the level of absurdity that "Ally" often did, and thank God for that! Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey comes off as likable and probably more self-aware and introspective than self-absorbed and scatterbrained, though there are moments you do want to reach into the screen and give her a good shaking.

And good call on the ensemble casting! You really have to give props to any show that FINALLY figures out how to effectively showcase the sweet-and-sour charms of Sandra Oh, who was good enough to elevate a sow's ear of a show like "Arli$$," if not to save it. And not to mention give assorted actors who have all been great in projects not up to their talents, the chance to really shine in some very well-written roles, and I want to single out Katherine Heigl, Justin Chambers, Chandra Wilson and especially T.R. Knight as George, who is really coming into his own as this season progresses.

Not to snub Isaiah Washington, James Pickens, Jr., Kate Walsh or the so-hot-it's-criminal Patrick Dempsey. Seasoned vets all, it's just good to see them all land in a nice place where they can do great work with some sense of job security. (WE HOPE.)

Realistic enough to be accessible but not a turn-off, and whimsically light enough at other times without straying into "Stefan-the-Frog" territory, (are you listening, David Kelley?), "Grey's" should remain as a dependable Sunday night staple as long as creator/producer Shonda Rhimes and her crew are able to continue to strike that balance, and keep its newfound audience interested and entertained with the trials, tribulations and trysts of the staff at Seattle Grace Hospital.
125 out of 167 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So far, so good
NoRealityShows4Me11 April 2005
So far, I'm enjoying this show. I consider it a more serious "Scrubs".

To be honest, I started watching it because of the beautiful vistas of Seattle that they show at the beginning of the first episode. I love this city and most of the city views they showed so far would be very hard (or impossible) for me to get otherwise. Seattle is breathtaking on a sunny day.

But this was just what caught my attention initially. I fell in love with the cast and up to this point I enjoyed every minute of "Grey's Anatomy". Some people think it's not realistic and I agree with them, but what TV show is? And if it WAS realistic, I don't think I would watch it. Have you ever been to a hospital? Was it interesting? I didn't think so.

I hope the show stays interesting and funny and if you're looking for reality, don't watch TV.
239 out of 336 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOT worth watching after the 9th Season (LIVID after 4/23/15)
familyfirstcbt22 April 2015
I can only give my own personal opinion here, HOWEVER, I think many would agree with what I'm about to say. I used to spend my ENTIRE week waiting for Thursday for 8 whole seasons. I LOVED the characters, the drama, the emotions. I was so into it that my husband would make fun of me. Grey's Anatomy hour meant NO TALKING hour!! I was so in love with the series that to this day I watch older seasons on Netflix once or twice a year! Up to the middle of the 9th season that is....

**SPOILERS**

We were all sad when they killed Denny, though he wasn't a main character, he would have made a good one, I think we all loved Izzie and Denny. And we were ABSOLUTELY DEVSTATED when George died! Those were okay though, we could got through those and it was great in between and I didn't care even a little bit when Burke left, I never cared for him.

BUT THEN.... The plane crash!! What an amazing couple of episodes, until you got to the end of them and realized that up to this point they had killed off 40% of the main cast AND your favorites none the less!! Lexi and Mark!! REALLY!! They were just getting ready to get back together! It was simply too much.

Killing off so many main characters didn't do the series any favors, and adding the characters that they did, it RUINED it. Amelia? Ugh she's so annoying, her character has a daddy/big brother complex that she cant seem to get over so she's constantly in a power struggle with men. Its nauseating, I dislike her character very much. Meredith's sister though, I hate her so much I cant even remember her name, she's HORRIBLE!!! HORRIBLE actress, HORRIBLE, character, HORRIBLE for the show!! Just single handedly dragging the series the bottom. Not to mention killing Jackson & April's baby!! WHAT!! Too much!

So my personal opinion of this series is, I'm hooked, I have to see it through, but I recommend not watching after midway through the 9th season, its a waste of time and will likely only annoy. I'm giving it a generous 6. Now it used to be a strong 10 and the only reason it still gets a 6 is because of how amazing it USED to be. If I was going by the last 2.5 seasons alone.... I regret to say it would have only a 2.

After last nights 4/23/15 episode I am LIVID!! How could Shonda Rhimes make such a big mistake!! I Guarantee this will be the last season because nobody is going to watch it anymore now that she has killed 97% of the original cast/main characters! Not to mention our favorites!! I'm giving up seeing this one through. Last night was the final episode of Grey's Anatomy that I will ever watch, old or new. What an epic failure. My ALL TIME FAVORITE series went from just that to my most hated one. YOU Don't KILL 97% OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS! Color me disappointed and sad. :( Goodbye Grey's, you were my favorite!
21 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What happened to Alex Karev?
morrisonliz8 February 2019
It took a few years but Alex became one of my favorite characters and in the last few, my favorite. He's barely been in season 15. I would have thought that there would be a lot of storylines with Alex as chief but aside from the 2nd episode there's been nothing. Most episodes barely have him and the rest don't have him at all. If this keeps up I have no desire to keep watching.
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Addictive show
HaloFive0030 April 2006
Grey's Anatomy is a surprisingly addictive show. The plot lines are an interesting blend of soap opera, drama, and comedy--it's not really like anything else, but at the same time, it occasionally feels pedestrian. However, it's very well done--good writing, great acting, and well directed.

Sandra Oh stands out for her comic timing, but the entire cast is superb. It's not as grave as ER, but is just as compelling. Also, it's a little more accessible than ER and some of the more serious medical dramas. The show is definitely worth catching--if you can't watch it when it airs, TiVo it or rent the first season DVD. It's well worth the time spent! It's great for marathon viewings!
96 out of 137 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's hard to believe most of these characters graduated high school
derekandfeleciaeby4 December 2018
This could be a very good show, if not for the fact that most of the characters can not complete a full sentence without pausing, stuttering, stammering, winding off topic, then finally finishing the thought and then repeating it, sometimes more than once. Also, virtually every character, including guest stars react the same way when faced with a devastating situation. In the episode "Freedom: Part 1, a young couple are both being treated for cancer. When the young man dies, his girlfriend reacts by repeatedly crying out, "Don't say anything to me. Don't say anything to me." When Callie built legs for a patient who died, she kept yelling, "I made his legs, I made his legs, I made his legs!" These are only two examples of many. Shonda Rhimes must think that all people have the same reaction to grief/heartbreak/devastation because it is the response she uses so often. I find most of the characters to be self-absorbed, hypocritical, and egotistical. This is especially true of Meredith who I perceive as completely narcissistic, unbearably whiny, and her "cute" stammering, nervousness is incredibly annoying.
20 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All of These Characters are Idiots
jlshoemaker11 January 2019
This show was addicting, and I watch a few seasons. But I just could not handle the absolutely stupidity of the characters any longer. Stupid is forever. Ignorance can be fixed. They are all stupid. So, I stopped watching it.
38 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Season 15 episode 12
joceycorrea8 February 2019
I have really liked the show, but with Meredith's new love interests are not all good. I'm not a fan of the character deluca, link is alright.
18 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another great show for ABC
CherylAG16 April 2005
I love this show. I didn't know if I would like it or not, because I'm not a big ER fan, due to the depressing parts, however "Grey's Anatomy" has a lot more depth to it on so many levels. Let's face it, who really wants to talk about death? This show involves some humor, unlike ER, but you also get the blood and guts popping out, very sad moments, more involved stories about the DR's personal life's, issues that are bombarding our medical care in this country today and the great music puts it over the top. It's more of a "tug at your heart strings" kind of show when it comes to death and also there are some politics involved, which i highly think should be brought up in this day and age-such as being a full donor and saving peoples lives, rather than rotting away. I'm actually surprised it's not a David Kelly Show (Boston Legal) - it seems like something he'd create. Anyway, you have to watch this show- it's completely addicting-- and I only watched it since i like Patrick Dempsey on the off chance it may be a good show--Wow, was I pleasantly surprised. I did also like Boston Legal, but not nearly like "Greys." Hopefully there is room for both of them on Sunday nights.
148 out of 236 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Grey's Anatomy
zebra5712 October 2018
Definitely a soap opera, so by definition nothing has to be real......this style is strangely addicting ---much more in the realm of entertainment -- also less stressful than some of the other so-called medical shows. Firstly there are rarely nurses in the show. They are the front line interface with the patients once the medical interventions are complete. When have you seen doctors sitting by a patient's bedside for longer than is required for a consultation or intervention. You never see doctors standing outside an emergency department waiting for the ambulance. The ambulance arrives; triage immediately; then physician & medi9cal orders. The list is tooooo long. As for sex --- don't ask; don't tell ---all depends on the hospital culture.
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent Series
obsessivefilmlover24 November 2006
This television series is one of the best dramas I've ever seen in a while. The cast has great chemistry, especially Patrick Dempsy and Ellen Pompeo. The script is flawless, full of new obstacles for each character to go through per episode, with bits of comedic writing in it as well. I have compared this series with the ER series and personally, I like this series much better. Grey's Anatomy has bits of life lessons for viewers to learn every so often. Many episodes breaks your hearts, making you feel tempted to even yell or shout at the television screen! Great cliff-hangers, making viewers waiting impatiently until next Thursday to see what happens next! Overall, Grey's Anatomy is a wonderful show. Tune in!
79 out of 124 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Grey Anatomy season 14 is so awful boring this season I have stop watching it for good
cliffwilburn25 March 2018
Grey anatomy season 14 is so boring and so awful especially this season I have stop completely watching it for good. Grey should have ended after season 10. Grey Anatomy seasons I love and have watch are seasons 1-10. after season 10 the show has gone downhill . Grey Anatomy need to ends after season 14.
16 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of Time
ausafb30 March 2008
As a final year med student about to be a neurosurgery intern in two months, I have spent several years in hospitals and several months as a subintern at major hospitals throughout the country. This is one of the most unrealistic medical shows I have ever seen. I'm sure it's fine as a drama or soap opera but don't expect any accurate depiction of what things are really like in surgery. Nobody expects an intern to operate solo. Getting a Chinese interpreter takes 5 minutes. Even a junior med student knows that. Interns and residents are not nearly as dumb as they are portrayed here. The job of the intern is to do scut work. It's really not that hard. You're just a glorified secretary for your superiors. You don't save lives. You don't dole out bad news to family. You don't really even scrub into cases that much. Cut-throat competitiveness is the exception among interns. Camaraderie is the norm. Also, for God's sake nobody touches their mask with bloody gloves. You don't take off your mask in the OR to talk. I could go on and on. It would be nice if Hollywood would hire even a med student as a consultant and pay them a nominal wage to get a little shred of realism.

I might sound overly critical but the lack of insight in Grey's Anatomy is not simply annoying but actually forces you to not take the show seriously. On the other hand ER was the most faithful in this regard and I guess that's expected since it was produced by Michael Creighton. Too bad it was not about surgeons. Even Scrubs is much more accurate and ten times more entertaining. I bought two episodes of Grey's. That's 90 minutes and 4 bucks I'll never get back. I should have just read my Greenberg instead...

I may be a tough customer because life on the surgical wards is truly exciting not only in terms of the science and medicine but in terms of social drama. Nothing I have seen on television or movies even comes close to capturing this real life excitement and drama on all these levels.
70 out of 109 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show is G-O-O-D!
gidget2347 November 2005
The 2nd Season of "Greys Anatomy" has commenced and it is just as great as the 1st Season! This season the writers appear to be focusing on the development of the characters. They are finally giving Alex a soul by showing the inner turmoils he possesses which gives reason for his rude demeanor.

Similar to a lot of other shows, in my opinion, the supporting cast steal the show! Christina (Sandra Oh) is my favorite because her character is so complex and hilarious! It may also be because she is the comic relief, along with George (T.R Knight).

This show is great...and it just keeps getting better! Tune in! I highly recommend it! Grey's Anatomy has everything: drama, comedy, mystery, scandal and thrill.
118 out of 192 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It was never, ever good.
Lenkopenko23 November 2015
There WILL be spoilers. At random intervals. So, be warned. And before you shot my opinions down, know that I've watched most of the episodes. Why? Dunno. Nothing better was on TV, I guess.

I honestly don't understand the rave reviews or high ratings. Most of the negative reviews I've read here say that Grey's Anatomy "used to be good". No. It never was. The first few seasons were watchable, I'll give you that. Although, could've been just because when I started watching it 10 years ago, I was still a teenager. I never "loved" this show. It was just something I started watching just because it was a medical show. Sometimes they'd present an interesting case, and my best friend was watching it so we both kept at it and liked to talk about everyone being idiots.

The only character I've ever liked on this show was Danny. His death was sad, sure. It led to some "outrageous" developments. Only, when you keep watching, you realizing that his death and all the drama surrounding it wasn't anything special. The crazy kept a steady pace, just having a slightly different flavor each week.

The first time I questioned why I even kept watching such a ridiculous show was when Izzy started seeing "Danny's Ghost". I don't remember the season, but I guess it was pretty early on. Oh, don't get me wrong, it was plenty stupid up to that point. Everyone acting like children. Talking like idiots. Talking during surgeries. Characters talking in this annoying pattern of theirs. Situations/patients seamlessly reflecting on other character's personal lives. Oh, right. Danny's Ghost. I mean, my opinion on these idiots wasn't very good, but as someone who's been through med school, or just a regular person with more than two brain cells, shouldn't seeing and speaking and boning your dead lover have sufficed in turning a few red lights on? No? Really? K. Because Izzy, being a character on Grey's, didn't go straight to the obvious - which is brain cancer. Or at least the inhalation of some mind altering substance. Nope. She went with ghost.

All the other characters were just as annoying. I didn't care about anyone dying or leaving. Or even going lesbian. But never gay. Oh, no sir! We can't have no f*** on Grey's Anatomy! Only lesbians. Which is hilarious to me. Why no gays, Shonda?

Then stuff happened. New interns were introduced. New tensions. It wasn't any worse than it was. It progressively kept getting more ridiculous and melodramatic, but not worse. Why? Because you can't get worse and fall down any lower than bad Grey's Anatomy. It's THAT bad.

Then most of those interns left. And I didn't care LOL. Oh, in the last season (I think), it turns out that Meredith had ANOTHER sister (besides dear, idiot Lexi), this time from her mother! And she was Richard's kid too! Their interaction is silly, but probably the least stupid in the entire show. Because what do you really do in that situations, which on its own, was completely stupid. Oh, and Derek dies. Haha. And of course, Penny, the lamest redhead I've ever seen and the person who was part of Derek's medical team and the one who told Meredith of his death is gonna make a comeback and be a character.

Which leads us to the current season. The season that used the phrase "check your white privilege" seriously. Without flinching. Without laughing. Although Amelia, while nodding in agreement, did look like she was about to burst out laughing.

So, Maggie, Meredith's sis, is super smart (like all the main characters in that hospital, she's a "superstar"), who's responsible for the "check your white privilege" sentence, does some pretty dumb things and acts like a child. But less so than the others, I guess. Good for her. She'll probably take over if the actress who portrays Meredith decides to step down. But who cares. She's not any worse.

And speaking of Meredith. The actress really does a poor job at being whatever she's supposed to be, according to her own words "dark and edgy" and whatever else. She's... just there. Any meat that's ever been on her bones has been eaten away by season after season of overblown melodrama and general crazy.

Kali and Arizona don't make it. Even after the musical episode. Oh well. They go on their separate ways eventually, and Kali starts dating none other than Penny, the intern Meredith blames for killing her hubby! As if she bore the sole responsibility, being a mere intern. And plot twist! Miranda (who continues to be useless idiot) hired Penny to work in the hospital! And Meredith's like "yeah, OK, fine, I'll be the bigger man". Why? Freaking why? There're plenty of other hospitals where the entire leading flock of the hospital isn't going to hate her and prevent her from advancing. But NOOOO. Let's leave her in! Because drama!

And it just goes on and on and on... The cycle of crazy never ends, with the creator having to take it to the next level every damn time, because otherwise, it's not gonna be dramatic enough.

And again, as to why I keep watching... It's become my weekly masochistic amusement. The show is so bad it hurts. Mocking those idiots is the only positive I can find in this show.

Seriously though, who in their right mind would want to be operated on by these morons? They do more relationship talks in the OR than actual surgery.
20 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can someone explain me WHY this is a Top 10 Show?
marcus_stokes200030 October 2006
*Grey's SPOILERS*

Grey's Anatomy is the story of five Med Students - Meredith (Ellen Pompeo), the main character, Izzie Stevens (Katherine Heigl), the Dr. Cameron (i.e. - annoyingly self-righteous - especially after her idiotic actions in last season's finale, which I hoped kicked her off the program - and the show - for good) of the situation, Alex (Justin Chambers), a breath of fresh air in this goody-goody show as the 'asshole', George (T.R. Knight) who should've been the main character, and Christina (Sandra Oh), an acerbic and ambitious person - and of their struggle through life as a doctor.

Um... no.

It's a soap opera, and a very badly written one at that; I like some characters (Alex, George, Addison, Christina, Mark) and keep watching to see what happens to them, but the show is really over-the-top, repetitive and laughable (Code Black - the Superbowl episode - was mind-numbingly bad, as an example), and worse, in a lot of moments sounds like a teenage fanbrat's bad!fic (hold a radio over my head outside your window kind of love? How DARE Shonda Rhimes ruin 'Say Anything' that way???).

Enough with triangles and soap operaish story lines already!!! Oh, and if Isobel goes anywhere near Alex again this show is over.

Grey's Anatomy: 4/10.
54 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
unremarkable and shallow
honeyvelour18 October 2006
My girlfriend and her friends love this show, making sure to queue up every episode on the TiVo as to not miss a minute of it. So I thought I'd check it out; see what all the commotion was about. Lucky for me, ABC is streaming the latest season on their site.

I started with the season premiere. 15 minutes in and I'm already having a hard time paying attention, let alone taking it seriously. Then I'm thinking maybe it's not supposed to be serious, but soon I realize the comedy is so weak and cliché I quickly switch shows. Luckily, ABC's got a great lineup: Ugly Betty (hilarious, fresh, knows its audience), The Nine (dramatic, suspenseful, sincere), and Six Degrees (at least tries to be entertaining while maintaining respect for its audience).

After exhausting all my options and completely catching up on the entire ABC lineup, I grudgingly return to Grey's anatomy, honestly hoping to be surprised by the time I finish the third episode.

Here's the thing: I find most of the cast completely shallow and Uninteresting.

I find it incredibly annoying that the bulk of the show is comprised of Dr. Grey's romance between two guys who aren't even an ounce as Charming, brilliant, and through-provoking as any of the male cast of ER. OK, the show is named after her, but I can't help but think she's trying to do what ally McBeal already did extremely well. (And Sex & The City while I'm at it.) That act is very hard to follow.

The rest of the cast are clowns; bimbos and dopes who belong on a Daytime sitcom. It's like saved by the bell meets days of our lives. Are we really expected to believe any medicine is being practiced here? At least with scrubs we knew they were off the wall and completely unserious (until it mattered). With Grey's anatomy, we have a loosely Ad-libbed (romantic?) Comedy filled with sporadic moments of drama that Are so forced they're unbelievable to the point of insincere.

I like Chandra Wilson and Katherine Heigl. They're great. They're a Good fit. Sara Ramirez is great to watch, but her character is just ridiculous. Sandra Oh is embarrassing. Patrick Dempsey could be better utilized. T.R. Night definitely needs to go.

You're better off watching the rest of the ABC lineup. Better yet, watch ER reruns and see what a real show is like.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
totally unrealistic to the point of ridiculous & annoying
FilmLabRat20 May 2010
Sadly overacted, unrealistic, predictable series with 10 carbon copies of one character. The surgeons & residents all stammer, grow speechless, have the same tone, similar reactions, lines, mannerisms, tears streaming down their faces... and these are doctors in a hospital. Have the show's creators and writers ever been in a hospital? It's all unheard of.

I worked in a hospital with surgeons for 7 years and never ever saw one of them cry or scream of grow out of control the way these characters do every day on the job. It's totally ludicrous - doctors are very cool-headed in their work, to the point of almost lacking compassion at all - especially surgeons. They are criticized for being totally heartless, but you have to be to cut into human flesh. THey are never melodramatic the way ALL of the characters on this show are... not to mention the rotating bed partners and switching up sexuality -- although most surgeons are sleaze-bags, the philandering is usually with nurses, not with other doctors and never same-sex. Grays features all kinds of unrealistic craziness. Please give the American public a break and stop producing and airing this silly junk.
41 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stupid show
jlhracer24 October 2007
How is this show entertaining? All I see on this show is doctors making out and not doing what doctors do.

This show is probably the most overrated show on television. Like I just said, all it shows is doctors and nurses making out during shifts. Hell, usually when they do have a patient, it dies because they are too busy having sex in the operation room.

Now we have to suffer Private Practice? This show is unrealistic and is stupid. Try watching ER instead. Now that's a good show other then this piece of $hit.

23 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
End Already
lilgreentornado16 August 2019
The most recent season is so boring. There nothing that makes this show great anymore. Also, there isn't a good relationship in this show either.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring!
Angelus226 June 2008
This show is very slow and the narration is a little annoying, the characters aren't very interesting and it seems to always be based on the relationships. The whole 'choosing' gets really irritating....This is supposed to show how surgeons operate in the work place but seems to be a rip of an 'teenn soap'/ER....

The actors have no real talent, they seem to be playing themselves and the story lines are weak...the only positive thing is that the hype will probably see that this show has at least six or seven seasons on the air.

Overall it is slow and dreary......
64 out of 106 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.