Grey's Anatomy (2005– )
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
Sex & Nudity
- There are medical discussions that mention sex, but note that it is for medical and treatment reasons.
- There are occasional mild sexual references made throughout the show.
- Quite a few sex scenes throughout the series but there is no nudity. You might see characters in their underwear but nothing else.
- Main characters are homosexual and passionate kissing is seen throughout.
- The series is pro choice and abortion is considered several times.
- Sex is a theme throughout the series with numerous scenes displaying sex. When sex acts occur they are usually in darkly lit rooms or from a perspective in which nudity is not visible and the act is brief. Scenes cut away before becoming explicit. Nudity is brief with characters occasionally shown in their underwear but full nudity is only ever implied off camera.
Violence & Gore
- Scenes are not too disturbing but show surgery including blood and organs.
- As this is a drama based on surgical interns, there are elements of gore throughout the series. Displays of a variety of different surgeries are shown including internal organs, blood and dead bodies.
- There is some violent content throughout with characters involved in fights or being attacked but this is limited to specific episodes. These scenes are brief and not detailed.
- Bitch, ass, and damn are said occasionally.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters get drunk and do shots.
- Use of alcohol is present in almost every episode, most commonly tequila.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some viewers may find hospital scenes with surgery and blood distressing.
- Some of the plot lines can be disturbing and sad for some viewers. There are some frightening and intense scenes and is not an overarching theme for the series.