Shrek the Third (2007)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for some crude humor, suggestive content and swashbuckling action|
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- A boys nose bleeds twice in the film.
- When Merlin eats some small rocks, it is shown that in his mouth, his teeth are shown with blood in them
- Shrek kills a man off screen. This is likely an accident.
- Shrek accidentally pushes on a ship and sends it sailing. He tries to stop the ship by throwing a torch at it. But it only makes the ship sink. The people on the ship jump into the water. This is likely played for laughs.
- Shrek has an infant-induced nightmare, where newborn ogre babies are crashing things, but are not hurt, but this scene can scare many kids. A stampede of them chase Shrek. See Frightening and Intense scenes for more.
- Part of Shrek's stuffy and stiff royal costume pops off and hits Donkey. That sets off a comedy-based chain reaction of chaos where various things or characters accidentally smash into other things or characters, including a small fire breaking out.
- Overall fighting and slapstick throughout the film.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Shrek's baby nightmare sequence is too frightening for kids, and soon-to-be parents, especially the part where the ogre baby-faced Puss in Boots and Donkey, when Donkey says "DADA!!!".
- The Dream Scene Shrek has might be creepy to younger children even though its played for comedy !
- Final Note: A family film overall, but families with older kids and some teenagers might appreciate it more.
Violence & Gore
- Prince Charming is crushed by a tower that is knocked down on him. He is presumably killed.