In Host, Missouri, the newcomer Dr. of Veterinary Magic Eli Rudkus is called by the farmer Jacob Long to exam one of his cows. The veterinarian finds a strange parasite in the animal and ...
See full summary »
A scientist tries to save his son from cancer but his experiments turn him into a shark-man instead. A group of people from a pharmaceutical corporation are sent to the mad doctor's island to investigate his activities.
On a hot summer afternoon in the sleepy town of Blackwater, Louisiana locals exiting a retro-fitted theater excitedly watch as a meteor streaks across the sky and crashes through the roof ... See full summary »
Beautiful girls are in danger. At Sunny Beach, a huge shark is waiting for his prey. College students Miki and Mai arrive on a private beach on a tropical island. They can't find the hotel ... See full summary »
In Host, Missouri, the newcomer Dr. of Veterinary Magic Eli Rudkus is called by the farmer Jacob Long to exam one of his cows. The veterinarian finds a strange parasite in the animal and sends it to a friend in the Department of Agriculture for research. Later, he finds the same parasite in a creek and he summons the population for a meeting, warning that the cause might be the animal food. However, Fletcher Odermatt, the wealthy owner of the local Host Tender Meals that has been providing free animal food for the farmers, brings his lawyer Hayley Anderson and discredits Eli. When a huge mutant parasite attacks Eli and Jacob, they discover that the meals are actually an experimental genetic cocktail that is growing parasites inside the cattle and people.Written by
Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
In the scene where the guy and the girl are making out, the girl removes her bra. When the parasite starts to hurt the guy, he tells her to drive to a hospital. When she climbs to the front seat, she's wearing the bra again. As she starts the car, her bra is again missing, but as she runs away from the car, the bra is back on. See more »
Okay this is my first review. Till now I have never had the need to write one but this movie was too much for me.
The only reason I watched it to the end is because I put on it 5% of my brain. The other 95% was focused on working on my laptop.
I would like to say I have no problem with bad movies, usually I even enjoy them. The problem is when a really bad movie takes himself death seriously. Then you got a crime.
The main flaw of Larva is a really bad, absurd, lame, boring script *PLUS* the director shot it thinking he was going to make Alien. You get colored shots (T2 - blue, Matrix - green, Larva - Yellow), good non-cgi special effects, and acceptable acting. But instead of working for the movie it all goes against it.
About the script... where to begin? Well the intro scene is so stupid one has to choose between instantly forgetting it or immediately stopping the player. The whole movie is plagued with the most stupid lines I have ever heard. Just a quick example: typical running_away_from_the_monster scene. One can expect to see someone getting back to get his asthma thing, to warn someone, whatever. But never, never, never, "to get my candy". "TO GET MY CANDY" !?!
To finish with the review... to say that the script doesn't deliver what was promised would be a bad joke. Take this concept, multiply it by one trillion and you get Larba's ending.
6 of 11 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this