Christmas with the Kranks (2004) Poster

Great movie
lelelockamy17 December 2019
Finally found a Christmas movie that is as good as Christmas Vacation.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love it!
chavezomar27 November 2019
When this movie comes on TV I know Christmas is around the corner. This, Ernest Saves Christmas and Jingle All The Way with Arnold always cheer me up. It's 2019 and I still enjoy this movie every year.
13 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Movie
gloria291512 November 2005
Contrary to what other wanna be movie reviewers on this site may say, my family and I thought this was a really good movie. It's a Christmas movie! It's supposed to make people think about how Christmas effects us. Yes, this movie does have quite a bit of so called "slapstick" comedy, but I thought it was very funny. A very cheerful movie. Who doesn't want a "feel good" movie for the holidays! Everyone needs a good laugh every once in awhile! Don't miss this movie. It's great for the whole family! Maybe people shouldn't try to look so deeply into movies trying to find something wrong with them. Maybe they should just sit down with their families and a bucket of popcorn, in their own living room, cuddle up and enjoy a happy family related feel good show!
36 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brings so much joy
roastbeef-6973316 November 2019
This movie just brings me so much joy and for that it is a masterpiece.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thoroughly Enjoyable
cobra-824 December 2004
Despite what everyone says about this movie being 'awful', 'the worst movie ever', and such, I enjoyed it immensely. I thought it was very funny and the end was extremely heartwarming.

The best part, by far, is when Tim Allen gets a Botox injection; it is hilarious to watch him try and eat fruit salad when the peaches keep falling back from his mouth into the bowl.

People claim 'half the theatre walked out' when they saw the movie. However, when I saw it not a single person walked out. Don't listen. People have a habit of exaggerating a little (to put it lightly) to make it seem worse than it is.

Anyway, kids will adore it, and it is an excellent family film! 10/10
11 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it
ajnash511 December 2019
I don't why there is so much hate for this film, the cast are great and it's a brilliantly funny feel good christmas film, I've watched it every christmas since it first came out and enjoyed it just as much each year
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Movie
Drew-Barrymore-Obsessed30 December 2004
Well I saw Christmas with the Kranks and I thought it was great. This movie was funny and as well, a comedy. I think Tim and Jamie were good on set chemistry since I saw the making. This is just my opinion after all most people didn't like this. I think that was because this movie is based on a book. It is called Skipping Christmas.

The Skipping Christmas book was by John Grisham and I think that the book and movie were good together. This also I would give a 9 1/2 - 10 because it was good for everyone. More like a family movie. Oh and I think that is was a little bit off from the book but I still liked it. This also contained Dan Akroyd who was also good in it...

RATED: PG For mild language and Suggestive Content
8 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Christmas Film
catfarmer135825 November 2018
Whoever hates this film is a real Scrooge just like Luther was. While I might not agree with Tim Allen's views, I enjoy his humor and I love every Christmas movie he's in. This is definitely a Christmas classic and Jaimie Lee Curtis and Dan Ackroyd are bothexcellent in this movie too. I hope people walk away from this movie with a newfound Christmas spirit.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An original yet instant classic Christmas movie!
eross48818 December 2018
I love this movie, and is a Christmas season must for me! A funny movie filled with the realistic pitfalls of living in suburbia while maintaining individuality and free will. The neighbors are the perfect representation for how the "spirit of the season" gets swept up in the commercial excess. Continually seeing the Kranks get socially and emotionally pummeled as each new antagonist reacts to not getting their demands met gets a little annoying, but overall it hits the mark in message and delivery. If you are tired a watching the countless remakes that pervade this season then I recommend this original, entertaining Christmas movie for the whole family.
Pretty Good Movie
TamMom3919 February 2005
We had seen the advertisements for Christmas With The Kranks & thought it looked like it would be a good movie. Afterall, it was another Tim Allen Christmas movie!!

We saw Christmas With The Kranks back in Nov when it first came out & took our 3 year old too. We enjoyed it, some bad language but not that much. Our daughter enjoyed it & sat still through the whole movie!! A nice little bonus in the movie was Jake Busey-he did a very good job playing a somewhat goofy but lovable cop. Overall it was very funny, a modern day Scrooge movie.

To each "his" own, I guess !!
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This movie was the funniest and best Christmas film I have seen for awhile.
wvsnowbird12 December 2004
"Christmas with the Kranks" was the best Christmas movie, I have seen for a while. I like Tim Allen, he is a very good actor and Jamie Lee is a good actress. I read the book, "Skipping Christmas", last year and it really put me in the mood to see this movie. The movie, I thought, was actually better than the book. When you have good actors/actresses, playing the star roles it really comes over the top. I thought this movie was hilarious. It puts me in to the holiday spirit. I can't wait until the DVD/VHS comes out, I will definitely add it to my movie collection. This movie gets very high marks from me. By, the way I wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2005.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The meaning of Christmas... well, somewhat.
vikitoria11 December 2004
This was a great movie to see for the Christmas season. Allen gives another great performance as Mr. Crank. I think Allen is a Christmas man, always fun in movies that depict holidays. Curtis is fine as his wife, but the scene stealer was Austin Pendleton.

Having missed Pendleton these past years, I'm seeing him more and more! Always a talented supporting actor, he appears in this as someone who no one knew. Not wanting to give anything away, all I'll say is that the supporting actors help this film and provide a movie that makes one think about the materialness of what Christmas has become. I applaud all involved for this future classic.
5 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Light hearted fun! Great holiday movie!
stephaniecox24 November 2018
Great Christmas movie to add to watch list! Favorite parts are botox and tanning scenes!
Classic
leahbabe-334039 October 2018
I love this holiday movie it's always so delightful to watch around Christmas time. Tim Allen is so funny and it's a classic movie! Recommend!
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great family Christmas film!
InDaValley19 July 2007
Just got through watching this and it was a lot funnier than what I had originally thought it was going to be. Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis had good chemistry with each other.

I actually felt the Christmas spirit while watching the movie--and its the middle of July!

I liked this better than Allen's other Christmas film The Santa Claus. And yes, at times this movie was a bit far fetched (the frozen cat), however thats one of the reasons why I watch these kinds of films. If it wasn't for those unrealistic parts, the movie wouldn't of been as humorous. .

Christmas With the Kranks would be an especially enjoyable movie to watch with your family around Christmas time.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as bad as everybody made out.....
DeadManWalking8422 December 2006
From reading reviews of this movie when it came out, my immediate reaction was, avoid this film, but after catching it on TV several years later, I was quite surprised. It was not that bad at all, and had many funny moments although was somewhat 'cheesy'. Jamie Lee Curtis and Tim Allen were cast well for this movie, as they made the best of a script that was not all that great. obviously this is not brilliant, and not worthy of a very high rating, neither will it become a classic Christmas movie, but the 'cheeseyness' of it makes it all worth a look....not too bad.....try it.....its just some harmless fun that you might not find too bad
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't believe the low rating
tylersierrakayla8 December 2019
Oscar worthy? No, but it's a classic feel good movie for holidays, which is what you need this time of year. A must watch each and every year!
4 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice fun Christmas movie
richvolkjr-6543824 December 2019
I read the negative reviews. Those reviews were written by angry unhappy people with attitudes. They prefer stupid silly movies that utilize SNL rejects. This movie is a fun movie that shows that family and friends is most important. Ofcourse it is not realistic but what movie is. Some people with bad reviews didn't even like Santa showing up. How angry are these people? Its an enjoyable movie.
Nice Christmas movie
sorinvlasiu-1734223 December 2019
A nice Christmas movie with a great casting. The second half of the movie is the most hilarious.
Not "objectively awful"
vjboomer-7355427 December 2018
I was just perusing sites about movies. One mentioned "Hollywood's Best Thanksgiving Films" (I think). However, they described "Kranks" as "objectively awful". Change that to "subjectively awful", as the more perceptive among us rate this classic up there with "Home Alone", "Christmas in Connecticut", "Planes, Trains and Automobiles", "One Magic Christmas" and other holiday gems! Many, many laughs and even some tears. (It always amazes and disturbs me when, after being utterly amused and wonderfully entertained by a great movie, I find the inevitable trashy "review", usually from a troller.) If you "don't get" "Christmas With the Kranks", it's gone over your head, and you need to be visited by Marley's ghosts. Then, watch it again with your newfound heart, sanity and sensitivity. "Kranks" will rise higher on your list.
Great Christmas movie
mpanagiotis27 October 2006
This movie comes no where near as good as A Christmas Story as the best Christmas movie. This one is still very good. I saw this movie with my mother and sister whenever it first came out in theaters, and all three of us were laughing most of the movie. Jamie Lee Curtis is amazing as a typical forty-something mother and really looks the part. She didn't have much makeup on throughout the movie so people could see what see actually looks like. Her performance was great too. The scene whenever she and the other woman shopper are trying to get the holiday ham is priceless. She reminded me of my mother with her mannerisms and her subtle cheerful smile to "nice" lady next to her. Tim Allen was also very good in this movie. I never laughed so hard by his performance in other movie. He was great, even when he had Botox and sunbathing he still held his character performance very well.

This movie is to anyone who likes watching Christmas movies, even in the middle of summer. 10/10.
2 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Must See!
zzd-329 November 2004
I loved this show and so did my wife and my 11 year old son. We laughed until we cried. This is a truly feel good movie.

I thought National Treasure was going to be my favorite until I saw this movie. We now have a tie.

My wife and I have never seen Jamie Lee Curtis play a character like this one. She and Tim Allen are not the only stars in this one.

There are so many great jokes in this movie that are spread out among all the players. Dan Aykroyd has a great part that shows real strength and wisdom at the end. Way to go Dan.

You must see this one!
2 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.