The killer doll is back! Glen, the orphan doll offspring of the irrepressible devilish-doll-come-to-life Chucky and his equally twisted bride Tiffany. When production starts on a movie detailing the urban legend of his parents' lethal exploits, Glen heads for Hollywood where he brings his bloodthirsty parents back from the dead. The family dynamics are far from perfect as Chucky and Tiffany go Hollywood and get rolling on a new spree of murderous mayhem; much to gentle Glen's horror. Chucky can't believe that his child doesn't want to walk in his murdering footsteps, and star-struck Tiffany can't believe that the movie will star her favorite actress, Jennifer Tilly, who soon becomes an unwitting hostess to this new family in more ways than one...Written by
Because Focus Features has a reputation for yielding eloquent, "artsy" independent films, Rogue Pictures was created as an off-shoot to release this movie. See more »
When Tiffany is reading the 12 steps to addiction book, when the book is facing away, she's reading the page on the right. When we see the book, she's reading the page on the left. Furthermore, she skips to step 9, which is on the page after steps 1 and 2, but the title for step 9 is on the left page at the top when we see it. See more »
[after opening up her present, observes it]
That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my whole life!
It certainly is. Who sent it?
Ooh, well, that's strange. It doesn't say. Where could it have come from?
I don't like it! It's staring at me!
Well, it's probably one of Uncle Arthur's little jokes.
Well, I don't think it's funny at all.
[Claudia throws her present into her toy box]
See more »
UK Version. At the end of the credits, you hear Tiffany say "You know, I loved that movie!", followed by a evil laugh of Tiffany. See more »
An Unrated version of the film has been released on DVD. It includes about one minute of deleted scenes put back in the film.
The Chucky masturbation scene is extended with a new shot of Chucky with his hand over his penis.
-The ending shows Tiffany hiding the body of Fulvia with Glenda watching. See more »
Give it up, if you didn't like Chucky before, you are absolutely going to hate Seed of Chucky. I read many negative reviews prior to watching this movie and was quite ready for a major disappointment. However, it did not happen. In my opinion, the movie is the crown of the entire series, an ode to Chucky, the star of popular culture. Look how he refuses to become human ...superb! For a lover of camp, gory flicks, horror and parody, there are so many delightful moments in the movie. However, it is not horror as such,nor any other particular genre for that matter. Chucky is not even the main star of the movie! I have already declared myself as a fan, and maybe my view is not entirely unbiased. Still, here are some things I particularly enjoyed:
1. The appearance of John Waters as an actor. Need I say more? Big +
2. Glen/Glenda who speaks with British accent, resembles David Bowie from his Ziggy Stardust phase and has sexual/personality identity issues. How cool is that? Big +
3. Very clear references, notably to Psycho, Shining, Rosemary's Baby (and some other movies by Mr. Polanski, but more in the form of allusions), and even Pinnochio. I am sure there are many more. Big +
4. Jennifer Tilly, one of the sexiest, most sensual, intelligent actresses I have ever seen. Ideal for all sorts of subversive films. Of course, she is wonderful in this one too. Mmm... Jennifer I love you. There, I have said it. Big +
5. Directing, music,setting, costumes. Yes, I liked them all... Thank you people, well done.
75 of 106 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this