Something the Lord Made (2004 TV Movie)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
Sex & Nudity
- Two couple kissing.
- No Nudity. No Sex Scenes.
Violence & Gore
- You see open heart surgery on dogs and then later in the movie on a small infant. You can plainly see a beating heart and the interals of the chest. The first dog operated on is found hemmoraging with a very fast panning through a scene with lots of blood in the lab.
- 1 use of the f-word. A few scenes where "G.D"., "hell" is used.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Smoking of cigarette and pipes is common throughout the movie.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Surgical scenes are high pressure and sometimes bloody.
- Dr. Blalock is sometimes very verbally abusive of Vivien Thomas.
- Many scenes show overt racism. Used with historical accuracy.
- A major theme of the movie is children born with a fatal condition. Scenes include visiting a ward full of children who have this condition, a young couple coping with the fact that their baby is expected to die soon and debating whether to allow surgery (including religious aspects of the decision), and crowds of desperate parents seeking care for their ailing children.