Glory Road (2006)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for racial issues including violence and epithets, and momentary language|
Sex & Nudity
- As Mary sits on the bed, facing away from the camera (in a somewhat dimly lit bedroom), she pulls a robe up over her (meaning we either saw her bare back or her in a near flesh colored slip).
Violence & Gore
- Confederate flags are waved by the spectators in support of an all-white Kentucky team.
- The white and black players (on the same team) get into an impromptu and racially divided "basketball" game in the cafeteria (using makeshift "balls" and "hoops"), ending with two players pushing each other until Ross separates them.
- When the team go to a dinner one of the black players goes to the toliet and he is jumped by 3 white people who puch him a few times and put his head down a toilet quite intense for a family film.
- The terms 'coon' and 'negro' are used.
- At least 2 asses and 2 hells. The racial slur known as the "N-Word" is used several times.
- Hoonkey and cracker are used as racial slurs for white people
- Use of the term BS
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The players' rooms are vandalised and racial threats such as "nigger die" and KKK are graffitied in red on the walls.
- Scoops appears to be having a heart attack on the court (not during a game), but we later hear that he has an enlarged heart that causes the coach to bench him for his safety.