After five years on the east coast, Carl Johnson returns to the city of Los Santos, San Andreas to find numerous fellow gang-members dead and enemy gangs having dominance of the city. Carl must take over the city and get his old gang back on top before the city destroys itself.
Did You Know?
Thousands of gamers are looking for a "Bigfoot", and attempting to take pictures of it from the in-game camera. No one has yet confirmed its existence, but many photos that gamers have taken resemble a rather big creature in the woods. Trees uprooted, and weird noises can be heard in the section of the map called "Back O' Beyond". Also many alien and ghost sightings have been reported. Many gamers have since looked through the entire code and have found no reference to Bigfoot or aliens. However, there is some speculation on the internet that the ghost of Carl Johnson's mom can be seen at Carl's house at night although it has not been officially proven and what can be seen if anything is a glitch that somehow resembles Beverly or possibly just power of suggestion. See more
The cash register displays of all fast food restaurants show two products: the Buster and the Double D-Luxe. The register calculates a price of 20 dollars in total. But the Buster costs actually two, the Double D-Luxe five dollars. The calculation is wrong. See more
After five years on the East Coast, it was time to go home
[a previous phone call is heard
Carl, it's Sweet.
Whassup, Sweet, what you want?
It's Moms... She's dead, bro.
The re-released versions on Xbox 360, PS3, iOS and Android have the following changes:
- Enhanced shadows and several textures.
- Different controls from their original counterparts.
- The money counter removes all zeroes before the money you currently have.
- Mission checkpoints.
- Clothing shops and barbers have a preview of the item/haircut.
- A different driving camera.
- The restaurants let you pick food from a list instead of cycling left and right through the options.
- Raising and lowering the forklift is done by pressing a button.
- "Critical Beatdown", "Runnin' Down A Dream", "Woman To Woman", "You Dropped A Bomb On Me", "Yum Yum", "Running Away", "I Don't Give A Fuck", "Express Yourself" - both versions, "Killing In The Name", "Hellraiser", "Ring My Bell", "Don't Let It Go To Your Head", "Rock Creek Park", "The Grunt", "Soul Power '74", "The Payback" and "Funky President (People It's Bad)" were all removed from the radio stations.
- Autosaving after missions was added.
- The hydraulics minigame was redesigned.
Referenced in Last Laugh '04
& Chaka Demus
Written by Toots Hibbert
Available on K-Jah West See more
26 October 2004 (USA)
See more »
Also Known As:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
See more »
Aspect Ratio: 1.78 : 1
See full technical specs