Before Sunset (2004)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language and sexual references|
Sex & Nudity
- No sex scenes or nudity, but some non-explicit lines of dialogue about sex:
- A man and a woman kiss passionately, and hug at a different point in the film.
- A woman talks about a monk having offered to perform sexual favors for a man.
- A man talks about not having sex with his wife, and a man talks about a dream of his when he lies next to a nude woman.
- A man talks about imagining that he and a woman "...make love for 10 days straight."
- A man and a woman talk about the differences between men and women when it comes to sexual pleasure ("men are easier to please"), and a man talks about teenagers losing their virginity.
- A man and a woman talk about whether or not they had sex, including references to the protection they used.
- A man grabs a woman and pulls her onto his lap after they talk about having sex on a park bench.
- A woman wears a low-cut top that reveals cleavage in the front and is loosely fastened in the back revealing her bare back and bare abdomen once when the wind blows the fabric.
- The F-word is used in sexual context a few times.
Violence & Gore
- A woman yells at a man.
- A woman talks about someone prowling on her fire escape.
- 5 F-words, 2 obscene hand gestures, 24 sexual references, 11 scatological terms, 4 anatomical terms, 8 mild obscenities, 3 religious exclamations.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People are shown smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Like its predecessor, 'Before Sunrise,' the R rating for 'Before Sunset' is mostly due to dialogue. No violence or nudity.