In a land of living machines, two young ones are chosen to seek the legendary Mask of Light to reveal the savior of all the lands from the dark forces of the Makuta. During the course of their adventure, they will call on the heroes of their people, the great Toa. These Toa, masters of nature's forces such as Fire, Wind, Earth & Water, try to protect the chosen ones as they seek their destiny.
A Hero Will Be Revealed
16 September 2003 (USA)
See more »
Also Known As:
Bionicle: Mask of Light - The Movie
See more »
See more on IMDbPro »
Aspect Ratio: 1.78 : 1
See full technical specs
Did You Know?
After Takua alerts the people of Onu-Koro with the news that Rahkshi have attacked him, Toa Pohatu responds by asking "What is Rahkshi?". In the Bionicle lore, it is a running joke that after hearing a name or expression for the first time, Pohatu always asks what it means. Usually, though, he doesn't get straight answers from any of the other characters. See more
When Hahli hits the ball to score her first goal, there is a very obvious seam on the background wall where two textures meet. See more
Gathered friends, listen again to our legend, of the Bionicle. In a time, before time, the great spirit, Mata Nui, fell from the heavens, carrying we, the ones called the Matoran. We were separate, and without purpose, so the Great Spirit illuminated us with the three virtues: Unity, Duty, and Destiny!
Toward the end of the credits, a sentence written in Matoran script appears. It reads: "No Rahi were harmed in the making of this film". ("Rahi" is a term that refers to Mata-Nui's fauna.) See more
In Germany, the movie had to be marketed towards very young children, and thus many scenes that were considered too frightening got removed. These include:
- Nearly all shots in which the Rahkshi open their head (one notable exception being the scene when the white and black Rahkshi are defeated, which isn't edited)
- Tahu's swords landing next to Jaller
- Makuta creating the first three Rahkshi
- the green Rahkshi's hand rising out of the destroyed shrine
- the brown Rahkshi firing a beam at Gali
- much of the siege on Ta-Koro is cut, including the Rahkshi menacing its people and most of Tahu's fight with the green Rahkshi
- the green Rahkshi spreading poison
- the three Rahkshi flying over Kopaka's unconscious body
- Makuta's eyes floating in the darkness after Takua turns down his offer
- the new Rahkshi defeating Pohatu and Onua
- the poisoned Tahu attacking Gali
- the Rahkshi climbing after Takua in the "chimney"
- Jaller being killed by fear power is shortened, Makuta only says "Fear me" once
- Jaller's death scene is shortened, Takua looking at his body with sorrow is cut
- the Kraata worm snaking into Makuta's lair
- much of Makuta's fight with Takanuva is cut
Referenced in Bionicle: The Game