In 1963 Naked Snake, soon to be Big Boss and father a Solid Snake, infiltrates the Russian jungle to extract a Russian weapons specialist. The mission turns into a catastrophic failure when Snake's former mentor, The Boss, defects to Russia and sets a nuke. Now alone and defenseless Snake must stop The Boss and her squad of crack special ops from unleashing nuclear war!
Did You Know?
"The Fury" voiced by Richard Doyle, played Kelly Gains's father in 8 episodes of the popular TV show "Cheers" See more
When President Johnson first appears in the game, he's speaking in a deep voice with a southern accent. However at the end of the game, his voice is higher pitched and he speaks without an accent. See more
After the end of World War II, the world was split into two - East and West. This marked the beginning of the era called the Cold War.
The title sequence is interactive. The player can make the credits move like a snake and change them into snake skeletons and into a number of languages. They can also overlap the sequence with different symbols, including peace signs, flying geese, fighter jets and parachuting soldiers. See more
The European version includes several exclusive features:
- Additional face paints.
- Additional levels in the "Snake vs. Monkey" mode.
- A "Duel Mode" in which all Boss Fights can be played in succession.
- A "Demo Theatre" that lets the player watch all of the game's cutscenes.
- A new playing difficulty, "European Extreme," which is the hardest of all the difficulties.
- The ability to download many camouflage patterns.
- A slightly extended version of The Boss's death scene.
References Jason and the Argonauts
Music & Words by Norihiko Hibino
Vocal by Cynthia Harrell
Strings and horn arrangement by Mark Holden
Programming by Nate Phillips
(as Nate Phillipe) and Rika Muranaka
Recorded and mixed by Alan Meyerson
Produced by Rika Muranaka
(Un Jazz Music, Inc.) See more