NCIS (2003– )
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 8 items
Sex & Nudity
- Non-explicit discussions of sex. Very rare non-explicit sex scenes. Partial Frontal Nudity and Full Rear Nudity Male/Female from crime scenes/ bodies in many episodes, although brief.Sex scene in Season 3 that lasts about a minute or so. (no nudity, nut you see rolling around and legs, side boob, etc. A woman in her bra and panties on a following episode. Lots of talk about sex in other episodes.
Violence & Gore
- Violence is pretty graphic, but not as much as CSI. Gory autopsy scenes.
- Frequent shootouts and hand-to-hand combat. Some bloody, most not.
- Infrequent use of ass, bitch, and at times, shit, as well as damn, hell, bastard and crap.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Nothing beyond casual drinking, Smoking, Drugs/ drug abuse mentioned and seen, Actual drug taking not seen.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- 'NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service' is a police-procedural TV drama series about a Washington DC-based 'Naval Major Case Response Team' as they travel within and beyond the US to solve criminal cases involving Marine and Navy personnel and their families. The core team consists of field agents Tony DiNozzo, Ziva David and Timothy McGee led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Evidences they collect are processed by forensic scientist Abby Sciuto and the Coroner, Dr Donald Mallard. In each 45-minute episode, the endearing qualities and interesting back stories of each team member, as well as the heart-warming camaraderie of the team are revealed with witty humor and engaging character-driven plots.
- Season 1 and 2 are mostly PG rated and are not as dark as later seasons.
- Seasons 3 and up have more TV-14 rated episodes and can sometimes make viewers uncomfortable.