Hatya (1988) Poster

(1988)

An excellent movie
sumitra_balaji4 June 2006
Hatya was a venture from the house of Govinda - Govinda starred in it and the director was his brother Kirti Kumar. It was the remake Tamil hit "Poovizhi Vaasalilei".

The story involves around a deaf, and therefore dumb, 5-year old child, who has witnessed the murder of his mother and fled the scene. As fate would have it, Sagar (Govinda) finds the child in a dumpster, and takes him into his care. He tries to find the child's family, but as the child can't speak and there is no registered complaint for a missing child, Sagar becomes the foster parent. Getting Raja(he names the child that) helps him fill a void in his life, left by the death of his own wife and child.

The murderer however traces Raja back to Sagar, and wants to kill the sole witness of his crime. With that starts the hide and seek chronicle of protecting the child, while trying to uncover the crime story. The killer however, implicates Sagar in the murder of Raja's mother and he lands up in jail.

The climax is a chilling sequence of events, very deftly handled by the director.

The story is quite original, and the director did a good job in keeping the pace tight. Performances are very good, especially Govinda's. From his imagery of the song and dance actor, he took on a completely different role, and delivered with aplomb.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Nice, One of Govinda's best
silvan-desouza8 April 2009
This is Govinda's first big hit This is one of his watchable films and not his mindless comedies he did post 1990's though some were good

The film has a nice story and the moments between Govinda and the kid are adorable and slowly the film catches your attention

However the pace does move slowly and the story takes too long

The film is well handled and has comedy, emotions well balanced

Kirti Kumar does a great job handling the film

Music is okay, though too many songs

Govinda those days wasn't considered a good actor but he surprised He acts restrained unlike in most films and gives a mature performance Neelam is okay, Johny Lever is loud Anupam Kher is okay the kid is adorable
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Ya ya it's a classic
vic_j18 August 2009
I remembered this film from when i was a kid even up until we were adults me and my brothers, cousins still remembered the classic tune and the ya ya ya ya etc.

Even so i wasn't quite sure I actually watched the whole film when I was a kid so recently brought the DVD online, yes its a dated movie but I wasn't disappointed this is quality Indian cinema which still deserves some recognition today. Govinda's a class act although his standards have dropped recently.

I haven't seen all his films but I'm confident this is still one of his best.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?
Report this | Copied to clipboardCopy link
One of the best Bollywood movie.
ozilomil11 May 2018
This is surely the best movie of Govinda and of course must watch movie.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful?