Beyond the Sea (2004)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 17 items
- Sex & Nudity (7)
- Violence & Gore (3)
- Profanity (4)
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking (1)
- Frightening & Intense Scenes (1)
- Spoilers (1)
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some strong language and a scene of sensuality|
Sex & Nudity
- A man kisses a woman gently and they then slow dance.
- A man lays down a sword between his side of the bed and his wife's and promises he won't cross over, only she can.
- A married couple is shown in bed together, fully clothed, on their wedding night. The woman leans over and kisses her husband, and they kiss passionately for a few seconds. Sex is implied, though not at all shown.
- A man is dips his wife down onto a bed, fully clothed. They quietly exchange comments and kiss intermittently. He is seen starting to slide off the straps of her top, but no nudity is shown (only her bare shoulder, covered by his hand) and as they kiss, they are interrupted before anything happens.
- A woman does not know for sure who her child's father is because of her implied history of promiscuity. Nothing is shown or crudely explained, only implied.
- A kid says that someone "slept with half the Bronx".
- The "worst" this movie has is kissing, and a couple (fully clothed) instances where impending copulation is implied. No nudity or crude sexual jokes or references occur.
Violence & Gore
- There is no violence against living things in this movie.
- There are a few scenes in which something is thrown in anger, like a record against a wall, or a car headlight is smashed in comical anger, but this is not aggressive or intense.
- No blood, no gore.
- At least 2 "f" words, 14 "s" words, 1 slang term using male genitals ("pr*ck"), 2 for breasts ("bills" and "balloons"), 7 asses (3 used with "hole"), 6 hells, 2 craps, 2 damns, 1 S.O.B., 14 uses of "G-damn," 5 of "Jesus Christ," 3 each of "God" and "Oh my God," 2 each of "Oh God" and "Oh Jesus" and 1 use of "Oh Christ."
- Phrases: "You want me? F*ck you," "That's just f*cking great," "That's bullsh*t," "We sounded like sh*t," "You look like sh*t," "Give a sh*t," "You pr*ck," "Stupid bitch," "Mook," "What the hell /is he snapping at everyone for/more do you want/is going on?" "You damn well know it," "That's just crap," "Blow your wad," "Working their asses off," "He might be an asshole, but he's our asshole," "Up your fat ass," "Frickin,'" "Nuts" (crazy), "You're talking out of your ass," "You G*ddamn well know it," "You stupid Wop," "Blondie," "Tough broad," "You son of a bitch," "Jerk," "Shut up," "You're freaking kidding me," "G*ddamn lunatic," "The hell with policy," "You don't give a damn," "Bastard" and "Where the hell have you been?"
- Contains three uses of the word "a--hole."
- Contains multiple other obscenities including religious blasphemies.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There is a good deal of alcohol at one point in the movie as Saundra Dee drinks at clubs that Bobby Darin is playing in.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A man smashes his own car's window, hood and headlight out of frustration, but it is done comically and is not very intense.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The main character dies, but this is implied, not shown, and he is later shown again singing/dancing because his "life" and "death" is of a symbolic nature. This could be disturbing before you realize how the film is structured