Blade: Trinity (2004) Poster

Nothing special but...
tonyfsoprano1 October 2020
It's a classic Blade movie and a movie which is time killer when you have nothing to do but watch something. Not confusing, not boring, with a little sense of humor, just watch and enjoy, don't look for something that makes sense. By the way, Jessica Biel was something else in the movie.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Blade: Trinity (2004) Defending an Underrated Sequel
ivo-cobra825 April 2015
I don't understand the complains and hate about Blade: Trinity a very underrated sequel to the success of the previous two movies. The first and second movie are awesome sci-fi action flicks.I read so many negative reviews how the fans and critics dissed this film and how are disappointed with this flick. I love it. I am not gonna say is the best movie, it is not but It' is a pretty good movie a worth of a watch an awesome underrated sequel. Blade: Trinity rocks! I am a fan of all Blade movies. Before this movie come out I kept watching Blade I & II. It was been 7.years when I finally download and watch this movie, today I watch it on Blu-ray and Blade third installment rocks. Blade: Trinity is rated R! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR not PG-13 It Is violent, action gore adrenaline sci-fi flick not for kids. I can't believe how Robocop (2014) remake is praised from fans and critics but Blade get's dissed and bashed from critics it is just not fair!

My Reply and answer to a negative reviewer: "I didn't pay to see Jessica Biel (hottest body in Hollywood) fake fight. Who cares about Whistler's daughter?"........ Jessica Biel did a good job, with weapons, shooting bow and arrow and the fights she wasn't annoying and I honestly didn't see or noticed her hottest body, I was following the story. I don't know what is your problem? The third installment of Blade is very decent movie! "Why is Wesley Snipes sharing screen time with Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel? Who cares about Hannibal King? I paid to see Blade kick butt, just like in Blade 1 and 2. I didn't pay to see Ryan Reynolds joke for half the film."............ Why wouldn't he be? Wesley Snipes shared screen time with other actor and actress in Blade I & II and other his movies. So why wouldn't he shared screen time with Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel? Wesley Snipes, Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel did a wonderful decent good job as a trio team that is why it is called Blade: Trinity! Blade did kick butt!!!! In the beginning he kicked ass of the vampires and kill them, he beat up the SWAT team, he fought in a sword fight with Dracula, well sorry Abigail helped him to kill Dracula so whatever! They don't make movies like this one today! I wish I would had sci-fi action movies like are this one today!! I really wish! I wanna see Blade again in action. Green Lantern get's hate and so does Blade: Trinity. I like action movies I really do and I really wish I could get action movies like are this one. It is 2015 and I haven't see any good sci-fi action movie like is this one today!!! They don't make them like that anymore!!! Blade saved a baby and he also talked to the little girl.

Dracula was played from Dominic Purcell who also started in my favorite TV Show of all time Prison Break. Patton Oswalt from King of Queens was also in it. Here we have a fights, a little origins of Dracula the first and original vampire. Jessica Biel's fight, Ryan Reynolds so muscular in here and he fights pretty well. Also I don't care about the jokes he is telling as long he acts they way he supposed to do.

Jessica Beil was so much better with Bow and arrow shooting the Vampires like Sylvester Stallone did in 1985 Rambo: First Blood Part II, she was so much better shooter with bow and arrow than Jennifer Lawrence in The Hunger Games is! She was so much better with using weapons than Jennifer Lawrence does! Blade shoots and kills and kick's the vampires. He use his particular hand guns and his other silver weapons. We have a great music themes and soundtracks! I know that while filming this movie there was a lot of problems between Wesley Snipes and David S. Goyer. That Wesley suffered from a mental breakdown and often would not come out of his trailer, he would only respond to the name 'Blade', and if he communicated with anyone, it would be via post-it notes. 'Ryan Reynolds' corroborated this while promoting the film. Saying that Snipes would ignore the entire cast but once acknowledged Reynolds by saying "Keep your mouth shut. You'll live longer." Still Blade: Trinity is pretty good damn sequel and that a good one, I love it very much. I love all three movies and I wish that there would be another sequel after this film. I don't get why people are bashing this movie so much? Underworld got three sequels and Blade only two but not three or four? I know Wesley Snipes and Kris Kristofferson were disappointed with the script and with the movie. But honestly it was a pretty damn good entertainment, I wasn't bored with it. Robocop 2 (1990), Spider-Man 3 (2007), Predator 2 (1990) and Kick-Ass 2 (2013) are getting so much hate and bashed this days for it. I still love them all. My best Blade movie would honestly be Blade II, I enjoyed the fights than is Blade I and Than Blade: Trinity.

Anyway , it's a good continuation of Blade's story.There is nothing new here , but it's well executed. In the end it's one of those rare satisfying sequels. I give it 8/10.
93 out of 126 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent third showing for Blade, but nothing brilliant
The_Void12 June 2005
I was never a big fan of the original 'Blade', but I liked the sequel a lot. Doing away with the story building of the first one, Blade II captured a nice balance between plot and action and it was an entertaining ride throughout. For this third instalment, however that perfect balance has been interrupted, and calling this film 'action heavy' would be an understatement. While the action in the movie is well done and entertaining to watch, when you've seen 45th bad guy being smashed through a window, it loses it's impact somewhat. The talking scenes in between the action are either small plot details that the film needs to string itself together, or just another action sequence set-up. The plot is messy to say the least, and there's far too much going on for it to be streamlined into an engaging and satisfying story, but nevertheless it follows the vampires as they resurrect legendary bloodsucker Dracula and get Blade into trouble with the cops. However, Blade manages to team up with a ragtag bunch of vampire hunters and together they attempt to thwart Dracula and the rest of the vampires! Oh, and the cops.

David S. Goyer, the man who wrote the first two Blade films has taken the director's chair this time round. He's obviously being watching too much Mtv too, as he seems far too keen to not allow the audience to know what is going on. The quick style Mtv editing is abundant, and it quickly becomes apparent that you will end up very dizzy by the end of the film. The director/writer has dragged together an eclectic cast to compliment Wesley Snipes, which includes the sizzling Jessica Biel, along with two more experienced actresses who should know better; Parker Posey and Natasha Lyonne, and Kris Kristofferson returns also; and WWF wrestler Triple H joins in the fun too. Wesley Snipes has made his name playing the human/vampire hybrid in this comic strip movie series, and with this performance he seems like an actor bored with his work. Whether or not that's because of the extremely thin caricature that Snipes has been given to work with this time round, or maybe it's because he's fed up of 'more of the same'. Anyway, Blade Trinity is quality entertainment. What it lacks in depth, it makes up for in coolness and action and if you liked the first two, you might as well see this one as well.
63 out of 100 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing
scruffysadie6 January 2005
Wow, I have to admit to being really quite disappointed with this instalment of the Blade series. Two days after watching the film I can barely remember much of it at all. The first two were exciting, with punchy dialogue, impressive villains and most importantly, a hero, the man himself, Blade.

With Trinity we have no idea who this particular group of vampires are, their social standing, history, source of their power are all a mystery. They were just plonked in the film to raise the ultimate bad guy from his crypt and provide someone for Blade's latest sidekicks to pulverise-badly.

And then we have the ultimate bad guy, Drake, who isn't remotely imposing, let alone terrifying. Big boots to fill and I really don't think this guy is up to it. I was looking forward to someone imposing, sadistic, gleefully evil in fact. I didn't get it. What this guy reminded me of was Ram-Man from He-Man, but less frightening to his enemies.

The only reason I gave this film 4 and not 1 is for Hannibal King (Ryan Reynolds), who steals the show from Blade the second he comes on screen. While Blade potters through the film not saying or doing much that I can remember, apparently this is whats called "brooding", King manages to keep all eyes on him.

King gets all the best camera shots AND lines. As far as I'm concerned this was his film and should have been a Blade spin-off and not another episode. Ryan Reynolds is far and away the star here.
109 out of 187 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wesley Snipes can stand alone
graebel15 December 2004
The main problem with Blade:Trinity is that the director - for some odd reason - forgot that Wesley Snipes can hold his own. He was the reason people went and saw the first two movies. As Blade, he is the king of badass cool. Trinity was disappointing because they siphoned all of his humor off onto Hannibal, and he lost a lot of battle scenes to Abby. This was unnecessary. I didn't go to watch either of those actors try desperately. I went to watch Wesley Snipes as Blade. And then, casting decisions? Who chose Parker Posey to play a vamp? Who did her hair? What insanity was going on on the set? And why, why, why, why didn't Paul Levanesque take his shirt off? Come on. Waste of money, and that from a Blade sci-fi fan.
86 out of 149 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Destruction of a one-time promising franchise
omar-chopin22 February 2005
I remember the excitement my friends and I felt leaving the theatre after seeing Blade I in the theatre years ago (for the 3rd time). I remember telling my brother that I haven't seen a hero kick this much ass in a film since the 80's. This film, along with "The Matrix" and Jackie Chan helped bring martial arts back to Hollywood.

I remember leaving Blade II being disgusted by the acting by the acting Leonor Varela, but pleased to see Donnie Yen's fight choreography and to see Wesley Snipes' Blade kick even more ass this time around. Not as good a story as 1, but cool and violent nonetheless.

But trinity...wow. I'm surprised that Blade didn't have nipples on his costume with the immediate decay of the quality of the franchise. The responsibility lies completely on David Goyer as he finally was given the chance to direct he series he has written since it's inception. This film felt like it should have been on Sci-Fi channel or FX. Those good old days of Blade kicking ass are gone, replaced by Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds beating down brittle MTV vampires that couldn't hold a candle to Stephen Dorff's Deacon Frost. I don't even remember seeing Blade fight Dracula, with all the action geared towards his new sidekicks. That's like a Batman movie with Robin as the star. David Goyer now says he'd like to direct Thor......comic fans around the world should now panic as to what he sets his sights on next.
147 out of 275 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wesley Snipes joins forces with two tough fighters : Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel against the bloodsuckers
ma-cortes4 December 2006
Again Blade (Wesley Snipes), the half vampire , part human two-fisted hero with his cutting blade and his black garment and of course with the company of the veteran and old mentor Abraham Whistler (Kris Kristofferson). This time he teams up with the ¨Vigilantes from the night¨ named Annibal and Abigail (a muscular Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel) forming an invincible trio. They have to take on a gang of crazy bloodsuckers in the dangerous underworld .The Vigilantes have a hidden place as headquarter where there isa blind (Natasha Lyonne) scientific and a child. They are pursued by law agents (James Remar) and combating vampiric enemies (led by Parker Posey) and against the greatest powerful vampire (Dominick Purcell) of all the time named Drake.

The picture provides frenetic action , visceral violence , spectacular combats and loads of blood and gore . The movie is full of energy when the struggles happen with impressive bounds , and overwhelming stunts , besides sensational blades -Katana type- duels . It's just another vampires story wrapped up with unstopped action and breathtaking scenes .The fights are well staged with phenomenal choreography and are made by the actors themselves who hold a hard training on martial arts and by stunts and adding computer generador effects .The makeshift from human to vampire is equally carried out competently , both make-up and especial effects .The motion picture was well directed by Terror and Fantasy expert director Guillermo del Toro.

It's the following to Blade I (Stephen Norrington 1998) and Blade II (Guillermo del Toro 2002 with Leonor Varela, Ron Perlman, Thomas Kretschman, Matt Schulz) forming a perfect trilogy . The plot rips off everything in sight including a confrontation between one bloodsucker (Dominick Purcell of Prison Break) as megalomaniac as the evil man from the Blade I (with Stephen Dorff , Tracy Sanna Lathan, Kris Kristopherson) .Besides the vampires countenance and vampires dogs faces are similar than Blade II . However , the film is darkest even than former parts, is more spectacular , more thriller, more focused than previous movies . The motion picture is based on the character created by Marvel Comic Group by Rolfman and Gene Colan and is well adapted by David S. Goyer (film producer along with Snipes) . It's a generally enjoyable tribute to vampires cinema and the action genre . If you're a former Blade fan , you'll like it . The picture results to be one of the most successful terror-action movie of the last years.
12 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining but a let down in general
shadowman12320 January 2009
The first 2 Blade movies were excellent , it showed a war going on followed by the way we are taken into the war. However the layout was perfect for the third instalment in which we are taken against the Father of them all , Dracula. Unfortunalty Blade Trinty builds its-self up to be a little too big and thusly just falls down. The first big problem is the script and although I am aware it is a comic book movie , it just feels a little too superficial and thusly not very engaging. Be aware also that there are several plot holes in the movie which all go unanswered and Ryan Reynolds was a not THAT funny and lets hope his take on Deadpool is better! Wesley Snipes does a little more talking this time round but it feels with that he has lost that bad ass edge that made him Blade. Dominic Purcell was not the correct choice to play Dracula and although he looked as if he had tried , he was just given so little to play with that the interesting character that is Dracula ...just well seemed rather dull. On the plus sides , Jessica Biel was excellent , along with some excellent weaponry and action sequences which made this enteratinting and Triple H was fairly amusing as well although it felt like he was acting like a 14 year old with the insult he threw about. To some it up Blade: Trinty should of been the best one in the series but due to its very apparent problems it just goes out on a low, its not a complete waste of time and thusly I do recommend renting it.

BLADE:TRINIY - 7.8 OUT OF 10
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Abigail
hhaaaattaah1 September 2005
Will Abigail appear in, maybe the next Blade movie? I thought she was great in Blade Trinity . After all she has to go through a lot of serious training . Lots of weight training, lots of cardio, lots of running. She had to lean down, gain more muscle, lose body fat. Then she would go to an hour of martial arts, and then an hour of archery. That would be her everyday thing. None of them such as King the character have ever worked with swords or knives, or you know, martial arts -- any of that stuff. So that's how it's becoming really easy for Abigail. She looks really good. I think she's definitely in the best shape of her whole life. She looks like she should be part of like these fitness competitions. Where they dance and back handsprings things. I also like one of her weapons -- knife that comes out of the tip of her boot and a special compound bow, which is really cool. Abigail interested in doing a Nightstalkers spin-off? Back to the fact that she is Whistler's daughter -- sounds really cool.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty Good Action Movie
Simmonz26 December 2004
I must say that going into seeing Blade: Trinity I was not expecting a masterpiece, I merely wanted to be entertained by this movie. With that said, it did a pretty decent job. People can criticize this film with having a thin plot, being corny at points, heck I know I will, but I don't think the makers were going for a great plot, and great acting, more along the lines of action/comedy and lots of fighting/explosions.

The plot is this: a group of vampires bring back Dracula to help combat Blade, while they also get Blade to the top of the FBI's most wanted, now Blade needs help of his own, this comes from a group of new young vampire stalkers. These are not spoilers by the way, everything I say is included in the trailers. I must say that many times I was saying in this film "yeah right", but most of the time I was having a ball. I will say that one thing I found is that Blade: Trinity was less "dark" than the other two Blade movies, it just had a lighter feel to it. More comedy involved than before, which was nice because it was indeed funny, but I liked the atmosphere set by the other films that this one did not take.

The newest additions, Ryan Renolds and Jessica Beil, do their jobs pretty well. I must say that Renolds had me laughing almost any time he was on screen. Beil was very nice to look at, she is just incredibly beautiful, and she does well considering the lines she is given. Paul Levesque, better known as Triple H makes a decent debut, I guess. He had some funny parts, but really I can't see how his job was that hard considering his role was to beat people up, and that's what he gets paid to do for the WWE so it's not a real stretch. Well overall the supporting cast did a good job and kept me entertained.

On to the meat and potatoes of this movie, the fights. Much of the work was very well done in this film, Snipes is his usual acrobatic self and disposes of vampires in interesting ways while showing off his martial arts skills. Here is a part I didn't like, the fighting involving Ryan Renolds, at times he tries to be like Snipes, and it just doesn't work. I always say, if the actor doesn't know martial arts, don't make him try to pretend, it's just not the same. Beil did some nice fight scenes to. Triple H, well his fights were good, but I see it too much in the ring to really enjoy it, the whole time I was thinking in my head, "now when's he going to break out a pedigree ?", well that moment never came. The gun fights were really well done, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Overall Blade: Trinity had awesome fight scenes.

So that pretty much sums up my feelings of this film. It was a fun movie to watch just for the action, and comedy of Renolds, but not much else (did I mention Jessica Beil was very beautiful). I will say that out of the three Blade movies, this is my least favorite, but I still like it and recommend it to anybody looking for a good action movie, die-hard fans of the series will probably be conflicted with it. My rating is 8/10.
42 out of 77 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What happened?
asifs25 April 2005
Who came up with this awful mess? Goyer? Hope he doesn't have much to do with any other Marvel movies coming out soon, or I won't be seeing them in theaters. Every part of this movie was awful. It's almost as if a child wrote it. The whole "back to the beginning" thing has been done so many times and this time was the worst that I have ever seen. This part of the storyline was especially disappointing, since I have always enjoyed the way the vampires existence was explained in the previous blade movies. Although, the acting wasn't stellar, I don't think they could be blamed for much. Seems like the majority of the blame falls on the writer/director. Character development was atrocious. Seemed like far too much time was given to unimportant characters .. Triple H .. and far too little on those characters around which the movie should have been centered.
30 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Talk about disappointment
mtgtuga16 February 2005
OK, it's official.. Blade III sucks! I can't believe how someone with a normal brain efficiency could create something so awful from the excellent movie/character Blade.

When is Hollywood gonna learn that the heroes don't have to be cool in every single scene? That it's OK if the good guys don't have the right haircuts in a few scenes? That cool fighting is much better than fighting cool? That there's no chance that a woman so beautiful like J. Biel could ever kick someone's ass while wearing that kind of sexy (thus really tight) clothing? Damn, I hate going to a movie and just seeing a bunch of attractive women or men handling very unrealistic weapons and with no reasonable plot at all (and no character density for that matters, but it's a detail since it's an action movie).

But the thing that really really pisses me off is: why, why does the hero always has to be cool in every single shot? Why, in a middle of a gunfight or while escaping from some wretched fortress, the hero always has a scene where he just walks like he owns the place? Unrealistic at best and just pathetic.
30 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Epic Movie Blade
killercross24 March 2021
Wesley Snipe the Real Hero Movie and Thank you for all
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sickening and unforgivable
tearsintherain1 March 2005
After seeing this film (after I was fairly hyped about it) I feel compelled to not only warn people about how disappointed they will be, but how sick they will feel. Never before have I seen such distasteful, amateur, pointless nonsense reach the screen (with perhaps the exception of Son of the Mask). How on earth David Goyer can write the original Blade (a fairly good film), and then write this is beyond me. Perhaps the film would have had a saving grace if a Director with some talent had taken the helm, but I fail to find one decent reason why this film was ever released - surely there must have been people to see what a disaster this was before they gave away the money for it to be made.

In terms of Story, it's un-inventive at best and awfully clichéd at worst, character's fates are of no emotional involvement, Blade himself is off-screen most of the time (which perhaps is a good thing), the dialogue is cringe-worthy, and the Plot in general is unbelievably dire. Signs of Goyer's utter laziness lie all over this mess: the stereotypical Antagonists, the stagnant exposition, the pointless voice over, the clichéd twists, and to add insult to injury there is an unashamed product placement (which now I feel even the manufacturers are regretting).

Things get worse with the Direction of the film - the brief but painful slow-motion sequences, introduction of characters, the overall design, the chief Antagonist. The consequences of these errors not only produces a film which is unforgivable (literally: I see no reason to expect any better from the people involved), but also make me doubtful of Goyer's other script: Batman Begins.

David Goyer has destroyed what was a fresh take on a decent character, it has been reduced to a commercial machine, adding to the poisoning of today's cliché-ridden catalogue of films. He has shown blatant contempt for the franchise with his laziness and disrespect - my only hope is that Christopher Nolan can save Batman Begins from the same grotesque fate.
23 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A totally awesome action packed movie
tevilbitch200219 December 2004
I must admit to being a little apprehensive about seeing the third instalment of Blade as i was very disappointed by the second movie, but boy was i surprised. Although, the Dracula plot has been a excessively used over the years, it didn't take anything away from the brilliance of film as it put a totally new spin on the age old tale of Dracula. What the movie lacked in dialogue was certainly made up for with action and King's (Ryan Reynolds) one liners and humour were well worth the entrance money alone. The addition of Whistler's daughter, who was following in her father footsteps was well worked into the storyline. All in all, i thoroughly enjoyed the latest Blade outing and will definitely be going to see it again
27 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What went wrong?
excrementa8 February 2005
Where the first two movies were great Blade Trinity is just sad. Was Wesley so expensive that all the other actors had to be some sitcom rejects? Now why did the movie suck so bad? If you examine David S. Goyers achievements as a director it all comes crystal clear. He's an amateur when it comes to directing movies. Of course being a novice isn't a valid excuse but being an amateur and a retard at the same time... This is what happens when you feed the pigs with caviar. If they ever make a Blade number four here's a thought: There are few of those with talent and lots of guys like Goyer and I'm sure hiring a talent isn't that expensive. What was with the casting? Jessica Biel, Ryan Reynolds... Is there a file somewhere that says: Cheap and Desperate..and untalented too.. So much pure badness in every aspect of the movie that it would take me a whole day just to find words for them in English. "Dracula looked like an Croatian bouncer" As it read in a review somewhere. Total waste of money and your precious time. A bad movie shortens your life more than few packs of cigarettes. ;)
11 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie
bonilla85823 April 2006
I could sum this movie up in one word FANTASTIC. It had a lot of action in it and yet it is very humorous. I think a lot of people will enjoy this movie it does explain things even if you haven't seen the other two movies but i suggest that you do. Wesley snipes, Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds fit their characters perfect and so does the rest of the cast like Parker Posey she is pretty amazing in this movie. I'm a huge Blade fan and of all three movies id have to say this is the best one yet and I would hope they would consider to make another blade I know if they did it would be even better. Each time Wesley Snipes seems to amaze me more and more each time with these movies, hes a great actor.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful, disgusting, repellent
aexhammett9 December 2004
That's exactly how I would sum up both this film and this whole year, in terms of what Hollywood has delivered. I am getting sick and tired of spending my valuable time and money on going to the cinema, only to be continually disappointed by poorly written, low budget garbage.

I had hoped that following a long year of terrible, terrible films, Blade Trinity would save the day in December, how wrong I was.

Hannibal was played by Chandler from friends, Blade seems to be more Eddie Murphy/Chris Rock (not the best of either, think Vampire in Brooklyn and Down to Earth) Abigail Whistler looked very uncomfortable in the role (think Anthony Hopkins in Bad Company) The blind woman has a monitor for her PC, as well as a braille Keypad... why?? Blade really does say "couchie coo" to a baby. Drake... no comment.

Not to mention the disgusting Apple product placement.... "Whistler likes to hunt vampires listening to her I-Pod"... How cheap is that. She is seen downloading from i-tunes, not once but twice!! Cheap and nasty Hollywood.

I could not believe that they also tried to introduce Matrix themes and comedy into this film. It is so so bad. Blade one was dark, sexy and eerie. Blade two had fantastic characters, a great story and good effects. Blade Trinity has no redeeming features... at all. If anyone has bothered to see it, this film is on a par with Resident Evil Apocalypse. It really is that bad.

Steer well well clear. If you go and see it and get that feeling in the pit of your stomach about ten mins in... when you are still waiting for the mind blowing entrance scene and martial arts... and it hasn't happened. Go home... just leave.. go and spend you time watching films that deserve to be supported and encouraged by our money.
22 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So bad
MR_Heraclius22 February 2020
After two awesome films the third film in the Blade Franchise kind of sucked. Poor I really hope that Marvel does more movies for this character because he ended on a bad note with a bad movie and a trash series.
27 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely wonderful... did I hear someone say Oscar nomination....? ***(Spoilers within)***
DeadElvis116 December 2004
OK, maybe I'm over-exaggerating but if there has ever been genius shown in a no-brainer action flick then surely this is the one!!! I wasn't really a massive fan of the Blade films and all that, but the first 2 were entertaining enough. But all that has changed now, I am now a proud, rabid Blade-head! Went to see Blade Trinity last night. It's succeeds in being almost as good as AvP, another one of the films of the year.

It's amazing - like Blade meets Dawsons Creek meets Baywatch meets WWF. Think I am going to go back and see it again.

It's really great to see that they decided to go with young, inexperienced actors for this one and that the main bad guy decides to act really badly - this helps to make the other actors stand out. He has to be one of the top screen bad-guys of all time - an unforgettable, understated performance by the magnificent Dominic Purcell as Dracula... did I hear someone say Oscar nomination....?

Some not-that funny one liners by the young male vampire hunter detract from the plot and the action and the explosions and the cool CGI and stuff but some beautifully shameless plugs for ipod are worth the admission price alone;

"What's she doing?" "Making up a playlist. She likes to listen to mp3s whilst she kicks a55."

I also liked that bit where Blade said coochie coo to a baby, it was soooo funny - i nearly fell out my seat.

Since they had all the cool explosions and fights and stuff they must've reckoned they didn't need to worry about a script much - it's a bold move and it pays off. And anyway it is really hard to concentrate on people speaking for long without explosions and stuff. The beauty of it was, cos of all the action and fire and explosions and stuff you don't really need to think about the storyline or pay attention much - the sign of a great director (and script writer).

I really liked the bit where the blind woman died, it was really scary and moving. She was a really great character and it is a shame when she dies. I wish that she appeared in the film more - one of the great performances of recent cinematic history.... did I hear someone say Oscar nomination....? Some people in the cinema thought it was funny when she died but they are just sick. It is good how she has a daughter that gets kidnapped and then Blade and the team have to go and get her back, it brings the human element into the film and I couldn't believe it that they rescued her OK - totally unexpected! Somebody sitting next to me in the cinema wanted her to get killed off but i think they may have psychological problems.

The only bad thing about this film is when it ends. With half an hour to go I was sitting in the cinema thinking "I hope this goes on forever"! What a film... did I hear someone say Oscar nomination....?

I won't say too much about the little twist at the end but there is a little twist at the end.

In conclusion run out to see this film as soon as you can!
21 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun
johnnyboygrant8 January 2021
Just love them films. Ryan Reynolds is hilarious. Watch to be entertained, that's why we have films.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They did Dracula so dirty
stephenstephenbyrne21 August 2020
In retrospect, Jessica Biel's arms are clearly the real star of this movie. Trust me google it.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fine ending to the series
kannibalcorpsegrinder8 October 2015
When it becomes apparent that staying in the shadows while engaging in the war with the vampires might be impossible, Blade forms an alliance with a motley crew of hunters to battle his largest and most dangerous enemy yet.

There was a lot to really like with this one. The main thing to like here is similar to what worked so well in the previous entry, the fact that the majority of time this one plays up as an action movie so there's a ton of impressive scenes here. The opening warehouse assault is quite impressive and offers an explosive opening dealing with the fleeing vampires and leads into the full-throttle car-chase that ends up starting this very well, the FBI raid on the hideout to capture him or the great fun of the resulting rescue attempt as there's a fine flurry of explosive gun-play and shootouts to go along with the hand-to-hand brawling which gives this one some really enjoyable scenes. The later hunting scenes of the group going out for their individual stalking scenes and getting their information gets some nice action as well, and the utter fun of the foot-chase through the city streets in broad daylight culminating with mad racing through the apartment complexes that causes this to come off as fun. Still, the biggest scene here is the finale which is the incredibly fun and exciting raid on the vampire hideout, which has a ton of action in the actual brawling and beating before the break-in and tactual rescue forcing the long-winded series of brawls, gunfights and weaponry tactics throughout the building as everyone involved gets plenty of time to shine battling against the vampires while setting up the showdown fight at the end. This is a really impressive scene that goes from a high-flying sword-fight to letting them throw each other around with superhuman abilities and finally down to a great hand-to-hand brawl which gives this one such a fine pace here that comes from all this action. Along with this action, there's a rather enjoyable series of story lines here that gives this a really strong feel, from the vampires setting him up with the authorities, the appearance of the hunters coming to rescue him, the plans for the vampire plague and even their version of a harvestable blood bank all come together here to keep this moving along just right. Combined with the violence and gore, these here hold this nicely for the few minor flaws here. The main issue here is the fact that the main villain isn't really all that threatening here as there's really only one true scene here that gives us any real reason to fear him while he trends to spend the majority of the time here giving grandiose speeches about his reign and history through the ages instead, and it really makes it hard to feel fear for the main villain in such a manner. As well, there's also a pretty big flaw here in how much comedy is here, as not only is the introduction of it at this stage of the franchise slightly curious to being with but most troubling about it is the widespread use. The sarcastic quips aren't so bad, but much of the other comments here come off as trying too hard to be funny when it really isn't and really tends to make this too hit-or-miss to be consistently funny. Again, there's some troublesome CGI, but overall this ends the series on a fine note.

Rated R: Graphic Violence and Graphic Language.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A terrible mess.
Boba_Fett11389 August 2005
Dear oh dear...I liked the first 2 Blade movies very much and thought they were perfect horror/action entertainment, so I kind of expected the same thing from "Blade: Trinity". The movie however turned out to be a terrible mess with an incredibly awfully told story and sidekicks that became more interesting and better than Blade himself. You know something is terribly wrong when you're care way more and are more interested in the sidekicks than in the main title character.

Man to blame is director David S. Goyer. This guy is no director, let him stick to produce and writing movies. He tells the movie its story in such an incredibly messy and uninteresting way that I kept losing track, not because the story was that complicated but because it was told in such a completely messy way. The movie felt terribly incoherent like none of the scene's were really connected with each other. Also the fight scene's that were perhaps the best elements of the previous two Blade movies were disappointing in this third Blade entry. They were filmed with little flair and the terrible editing made it impossible to tell at times what was exactly happening on the screen. Yes, this movie features the worst editing I have seen in a while but that is what happens when you have three editors on the job.

The new characters Hannibal King and Abigail Whistler (really, did she had to be Whistler's daughter? That served absolutely no purpose and was nothing more than just a lame, pointless story addition.) are cool and interesting. At least more interesting than Blade! They add a lot of humor and style to the movie and they are about the two only successful things about this movie. OK The cinematography by Gabriel Beristain might be a third successful thing about the movie but it ends right after there really.

The villains are also a disappointing element of the movie. I mean über-vampire Dracula is in this, you would expect something more from a character like that but he has got very little to do and its unclear what exactly his motivations are and what he is trying to achieve.

I feel that "Blade: Trinity" still could had been a good movie, with a different, better and more experienced director at the helm. Couldn't they just had waited until director Guillermo Del Toro became available again?

This movie makes a terrible messy impression and feels like a lame excuse to quickly cash in some more money after the more successful and better previous two Blade movies. I didn't expected this to be so but this was the worst movie I have seen, in the last couple of months.

7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
edmond_henri8 December 2004
Awful ! Now I know why Snipes doesn't want to make the promotion of this film... Many many awful & stupid ideas. Goyer is usually a good screenwriter, but not a good one for his own movie. This episode is, for me, the worst of the trilogy, and one of the worst film I saw in 2004. NewLine has just buried a nice character.

Most of the film looks like a comedy with unfunny jokes, with slow fights (old kicks, old moves, nothing special in the moves), boring stunts (woua ! a guy fly on a car, it's very original, I never saw this before). This film smells old, and takes all the fans for dumbs !!! It's a shame...

Please Stephen Norrington, comeback !
23 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.