Blade: Trinity (2004) Poster

Blade: Trinity (2004) Defending an Underrated Sequel
ivo-cobra825 April 2015
I don't understand the complains and hate about Blade: Trinity a very underrated sequel to the success of the previous two movies. The first and second movie are awesome sci-fi action flicks.I read so many negative reviews how the fans and critics dissed this film and how are disappointed with this flick. I love it. I am not gonna say is the best movie, it is not but It' is a pretty good movie a worth of a watch an awesome underrated sequel. Blade: Trinity rocks! I am a fan of all Blade movies. Before this movie come out I kept watching Blade I & II. It was been 7.years when I finally download and watch this movie, today I watch it on Blu-ray and Blade third installment rocks. Blade: Trinity is rated R! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR not PG-13 It Is violent, action gore adrenaline sci-fi flick not for kids. I can't believe how Robocop (2014) remake is praised from fans and critics but Blade get's dissed and bashed from critics it is just not fair!

My Reply and answer to a negative reviewer: "I didn't pay to see Jessica Biel (hottest body in Hollywood) fake fight. Who cares about Whistler's daughter?"........ Jessica Biel did a good job, with weapons, shooting bow and arrow and the fights she wasn't annoying and I honestly didn't see or noticed her hottest body, I was following the story. I don't know what is your problem? The third installment of Blade is very decent movie! "Why is Wesley Snipes sharing screen time with Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel? Who cares about Hannibal King? I paid to see Blade kick butt, just like in Blade 1 and 2. I didn't pay to see Ryan Reynolds joke for half the film."............ Why wouldn't he be? Wesley Snipes shared screen time with other actor and actress in Blade I & II and other his movies. So why wouldn't he shared screen time with Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel? Wesley Snipes, Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel did a wonderful decent good job as a trio team that is why it is called Blade: Trinity! Blade did kick butt!!!! In the beginning he kicked ass of the vampires and kill them, he beat up the SWAT team, he fought in a sword fight with Dracula, well sorry Abigail helped him to kill Dracula so whatever! They don't make movies like this one today! I wish I would had sci-fi action movies like are this one today!! I really wish! I wanna see Blade again in action. Green Lantern get's hate and so does Blade: Trinity. I like action movies I really do and I really wish I could get action movies like are this one. It is 2015 and I haven't see any good sci-fi action movie like is this one today!!! They don't make them like that anymore!!! Blade saved a baby and he also talked to the little girl.

Dracula was played from Dominic Purcell who also started in my favorite TV Show of all time Prison Break. Patton Oswalt from King of Queens was also in it. Here we have a fights, a little origins of Dracula the first and original vampire. Jessica Biel's fight, Ryan Reynolds so muscular in here and he fights pretty well. Also I don't care about the jokes he is telling as long he acts they way he supposed to do.

Jessica Beil was so much better with Bow and arrow shooting the Vampires like Sylvester Stallone did in 1985 Rambo: First Blood Part II, she was so much better shooter with bow and arrow than Jennifer Lawrence in The Hunger Games is! She was so much better with using weapons than Jennifer Lawrence does! Blade shoots and kills and kick's the vampires. He use his particular hand guns and his other silver weapons. We have a great music themes and soundtracks! I know that while filming this movie there was a lot of problems between Wesley Snipes and David S. Goyer. That Wesley suffered from a mental breakdown and often would not come out of his trailer, he would only respond to the name 'Blade', and if he communicated with anyone, it would be via post-it notes. 'Ryan Reynolds' corroborated this while promoting the film. Saying that Snipes would ignore the entire cast but once acknowledged Reynolds by saying "Keep your mouth shut. You'll live longer." Still Blade: Trinity is pretty good damn sequel and that a good one, I love it very much. I love all three movies and I wish that there would be another sequel after this film. I don't get why people are bashing this movie so much? Underworld got three sequels and Blade only two but not three or four? I know Wesley Snipes and Kris Kristofferson were disappointed with the script and with the movie. But honestly it was a pretty damn good entertainment, I wasn't bored with it. Robocop 2 (1990), Spider-Man 3 (2007), Predator 2 (1990) and Kick-Ass 2 (2013) are getting so much hate and bashed this days for it. I still love them all. My best Blade movie would honestly be Blade II, I enjoyed the fights than is Blade I and Than Blade: Trinity.

Anyway , it's a good continuation of Blade's story.There is nothing new here , but it's well executed. In the end it's one of those rare satisfying sequels. I give it 8/10.
101 out of 134 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent third showing for Blade, but nothing brilliant
The_Void12 June 2005
I was never a big fan of the original 'Blade', but I liked the sequel a lot. Doing away with the story building of the first one, Blade II captured a nice balance between plot and action and it was an entertaining ride throughout. For this third instalment, however that perfect balance has been interrupted, and calling this film 'action heavy' would be an understatement. While the action in the movie is well done and entertaining to watch, when you've seen 45th bad guy being smashed through a window, it loses it's impact somewhat. The talking scenes in between the action are either small plot details that the film needs to string itself together, or just another action sequence set-up. The plot is messy to say the least, and there's far too much going on for it to be streamlined into an engaging and satisfying story, but nevertheless it follows the vampires as they resurrect legendary bloodsucker Dracula and get Blade into trouble with the cops. However, Blade manages to team up with a ragtag bunch of vampire hunters and together they attempt to thwart Dracula and the rest of the vampires! Oh, and the cops.

David S. Goyer, the man who wrote the first two Blade films has taken the director's chair this time round. He's obviously being watching too much Mtv too, as he seems far too keen to not allow the audience to know what is going on. The quick style Mtv editing is abundant, and it quickly becomes apparent that you will end up very dizzy by the end of the film. The director/writer has dragged together an eclectic cast to compliment Wesley Snipes, which includes the sizzling Jessica Biel, along with two more experienced actresses who should know better; Parker Posey and Natasha Lyonne, and Kris Kristofferson returns also; and WWF wrestler Triple H joins in the fun too. Wesley Snipes has made his name playing the human/vampire hybrid in this comic strip movie series, and with this performance he seems like an actor bored with his work. Whether or not that's because of the extremely thin caricature that Snipes has been given to work with this time round, or maybe it's because he's fed up of 'more of the same'. Anyway, Blade Trinity is quality entertainment. What it lacks in depth, it makes up for in coolness and action and if you liked the first two, you might as well see this one as well.
66 out of 106 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wesley Snipes joins forces with two tough fighters : Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel against the bloodsuckers
ma-cortes4 December 2006
Again Blade (Wesley Snipes), the half vampire , part human two-fisted hero with his cutting blade and his black garment and of course with the company of the veteran and old mentor Abraham Whistler (Kris Kristofferson). This time he teams up with the ¨Vigilantes from the night¨ named Annibal and Abigail (a muscular Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel) forming an invincible trio. They have to take on a gang of crazy bloodsuckers in the dangerous underworld .The Vigilantes have a hidden place as headquarter where there isa blind (Natasha Lyonne) scientific and a child. They are pursued by law agents (James Remar) and combating vampiric enemies (led by Parker Posey) and against the greatest powerful vampire (Dominick Purcell) of all the time named Drake.

The picture provides frenetic action , visceral violence , spectacular combats and loads of blood and gore . The movie is full of energy when the struggles happen with impressive bounds , and overwhelming stunts , besides sensational blades -Katana type- duels . It's just another vampires story wrapped up with unstopped action and breathtaking scenes .The fights are well staged with phenomenal choreography and are made by the actors themselves who hold a hard training on martial arts and by stunts and adding computer generador effects .The makeshift from human to vampire is equally carried out competently , both make-up and especial effects .The motion picture was well directed by Terror and Fantasy expert director Guillermo del Toro.

It's the following to Blade I (Stephen Norrington 1998) and Blade II (Guillermo del Toro 2002 with Leonor Varela, Ron Perlman, Thomas Kretschman, Matt Schulz) forming a perfect trilogy . The plot rips off everything in sight including a confrontation between one bloodsucker (Dominick Purcell of Prison Break) as megalomaniac as the evil man from the Blade I (with Stephen Dorff , Tracy Sanna Lathan, Kris Kristopherson) .Besides the vampires countenance and vampires dogs faces are similar than Blade II . However , the film is darkest even than former parts, is more spectacular , more thriller, more focused than previous movies . The motion picture is based on the character created by Marvel Comic Group by Rolfman and Gene Colan and is well adapted by David S. Goyer (film producer along with Snipes) . It's a generally enjoyable tribute to vampires cinema and the action genre . If you're a former Blade fan , you'll like it . The picture results to be one of the most successful terror-action movie of the last years.
15 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is About as Sharp as a Butterknife
CrassActionHero26 August 2006
Blade: Trinity. 2004 New Line Cinema.

Review: So, it's come to this. The last installment of Blade. Look up the word messy and Blade: Trinity will be seen as the perfect example of messy. This film is a total disaster. Let's go with pros and cons to sum things up.

Pros: Wesley Snipes returns as Blade.

Cons: Snipes looks embarrassed here.

Pros: Jessica Biel is here. Great eye candy.

Cons: Biel's character seems like filler than an actual person.

Pros: Ryan Reynolds put on some serious weight.

Cons: Reynolds can't fight at all.

Pros: Triple H is here. His lines are delivered well and steals the show.

Cons: Triple H is not used well here. No character development as well.

Pros: The bad guy is Dracula.

Cons: Casting of Dracula (or Drake) is terrible. Horrible actor. Character development is awful, and seems to be here just to fight Blade.

Pros: Blade's mentor Whistler is back.

Major Spoiler****

Cons: Whistler is dispatched quickly. If you looked away for a second, you would miss the death scene. Worse yet, Whistler is killed by human police officers, and kills a bunch of them beforehand.

Pros: Blade's muscle car is back.

Cons: I'm running out of pros.

Pros: Vampire dogs (it's original).

Cons: Triple H and Wesley Snipes, the only two in this movie who know how to fight, do NOT fight in one-on-one combat. Instead HHH has to fight Reynolds. What's the point?!

Cons: A human Reynolds defeats a Vampire HHH. So very wrong.

Cons: Dracula wore gold chains here.

Cons: Jessica Biel listens to her Ipod while hunting vamps. Lame.

Cons: Triple H should have played Dracula.

Cons: The night stalkers. Who? Should I care? No. Next.

Cons: The blind woman that can read computer monitors???

Cons: Dracula talks of honor, but threatens to kill a newborn baby earlier.

Cons: Dracula ran away from Blade. Why?

Cons: The vamps bite like reapers from Blade two and no explanation as to how.

Cons: HHH aside, the rest of the evil vamps are like MTV rejects, and are not menacing at all. Just annoying.

Cons: Blade is in no real danger throughout this movie.

Cons: A terrible way to end a good movie franchise. Ouch.

The Last Word: Poor Blade. This is indeed the stake driven though Blade's heart. This is easily one of the worst of the year, or the decade. I'll stick with the latter. Skip it.
33 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Reasonably entertaining, but pails in comparison to previous installments
myrkeyjones19 May 2005
Goyer is irresponsible in the handling of the final chapter of this much loved series. creating laughable mistakes. what makes this film enjoyable though is the show-stealing performances of Parker Posey, Ryan Renolds and Jessica Beil. Posey is superb her character. eccentric, witty and quite amusing, making up for the main villain Drake played by Dominic Purcell who is very weak in his role, or as women might call it,he's not there to speak he's just man-candy. Renolds keeps those one liners coming, and Beil, well Beil just has a loverly bum, oh and her performance is very good also, given the material, She has proved her worth before in the superb Texas Chainsaw remake.

Unfortunately blade is not the center of the film, which would have improved if he had been. Snipes created a great character that was focused and intimately portrayed in parts I and II. There was something very classy about Steven Norington's Blade and Gullumero Del Toro's Blade II, They where stylish, subtle, moody and very unique from each other. I can't blame snipes for being angry at Goyer and New Line, He made Blade his own and deserved to have his say on a director, considering he did have directors approval, What Goyer has done is created a hybrid of Norrington and Del Toro's Vision, he's also trying to tap into that MTV thing, which just isn't working. An entertaining feature, but not the grand operatic blade climax we where hoping for. If you ask me, i think Blade II was a pretty good finale to begin with, to me Blade Trinity is just a fun spin Off.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Third Blade Movie…The Third Different Style
LeonLouisRicci29 May 2015
This the Final "Blade" Movie in the Series is the Third Different Style Rendered for the Vampire Vampire Slayer. Wesley Snipes Returns as does Kris Kristofferson, but this one Adds the Marvel Team, "The Nightstalkers" with Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds in Key Roles.

"Trinity" is Riddled with as many Snarky and Glib One Liners, as Explosions, Ashings, and Modified Bullets. Most of it Works and the Decidedly Lighter Tone of the Movie gives it a definitive Comic-Book Feel. The First Movie was a solidly Straight Origin Story, the Sequel was a Gore-Fest-Horrorthon, and now there's this.

Fans were Mixed and Critics Lambasted the Movie as an over Indulgent Mess mostly Sighting First Time Director Goyer (who wrote all three). It's Not that Bad and is a Fun Frolic with enough Action and "Super-Heroics" and Forced Hipness, to make it an Entertaining, if Shallow Treat.

There was much reported On-Set Angst Between Snipes and the Director and the Rest of the Crew were Caught Up in the Turmoil. It Doesn't Really Show Up in the Movie. A Follow-Up with the "Nightstalkers" was Hinted at but Never Materialized.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
cheesy, predictable and fun
udeaasykle5 June 2005
I usually don't like sequels, and I most often hate when they do a third movie. Well for some odd reason I really enjoy watching the blade movies. The first Blade is of course the best by far, but I still enjoy the two sequels. There were some things that annoyed me about Blade: Trinity, and that was how the action sequences was shot. Very up and close, with fast cutting so you really can't see what is being done. Old Hollywood trick when the actor or actress doesn't know martial arts but we are meant to think that he/she does. But if you take away that fact, you still have about two hours with action, one liners and people too cool for their own good. This is Blade ladies and gentlemen, and you know he will get the job done while saying cheesy lines and killing bad guys off one by one. If you go to see this movie, keep an open mind because if you want a good movie you will be disappointed. If you on the other hand want to be easily entertained without having to think about plot holes and bad lines, you will be glad you went. I rate this movie 6/10
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not what I was hoping for, compared to the first two movies
dcobbimdb9 December 2004
Unfortunately this movie didn't have the impact on me that the first two did. I've been a big fan of Vampire movies in general as well as the first two movies of the Blade series, so I'm an avid fan of the subject. While this movie offered more in the comedy & comic book feel, it lost the originality, horror, and suspense IMO.

Pros – Cool new weapons & some plucky comedy. Cons – Lacked any kind of suspense / horror feeling, wasn't serious at all, more of a popcorn movie than the first two. Also a comic book cinematography feel that kind of bothered me.

Throughout this movie I never felt a single hint of being in a horror movie, but more so like a super hero movie (like with all Marvel comic movies). Now granted I'd say that the Blade series lingers more on the Sci-Fi / horror fence rather than just horror, but this movie was more like a comedy action and lacked any kind of suspense / horror. The first movie was pretty original, the 2nd was more darker and the mutated vampire strain definitely gave a good creepy & suspenseful element while building off the original storyline. However the third movie lacked any suspense at all as the main bad guy (Dracula, or rather his modern name 'Drake') seemed to lack any substance or omnipotence at all. You didn't fear him or see him as any real threat at all other than his ability to morph into other things which wasn't really used well; hence the suspense went down the tube…

The acting was okay, there was a much more comical feel to this one rather than the few one liners of the previous two movies and I guess that rubbed me the wrong way, mainly instigated by Ryan Reynolds (Mr. Van Wilder). While he was certainly physically fit for the part as seen in his torture scene, his relief comedy ways totally change the tone of the movie. Interestingly you never see Wesley Snipes all stripped down, wondering if he's been keeping up with his push ups… Jessica Biel is okay at best. She certainly kicks ass in the movie, but is not very believable in her character IMO and not very good eye candy either, so kind of a dud there. The other thing that really bugged me was her 'listening to MP3's' while doing battling, OMG this is so stupid and so Hollywood. You mean to tell me that she's willing and capable to give up her sense of hearing while fighting vampires, just to appear cool? Give me a friggin break. So unrealistic… Who ever thought up that idea should be shot, hanged, have there ears ripped off and never allowed to work in Vampire movies again… Wesley Snipes played his role same as the first two, kicking ass throughout and having a bad attitude to boot. I wasn't impressed by any of the fight scenes, yeah some of the new weapons were semi cool, but overall the action was nothing new, and the cinematography was so quick and close up that you really couldn't make out the action very well. The end / climactic scene was also a dud, quite befitting for the rest of the movie I recon…

I guess the other thing that bothered me about this movie was the fact that in the first two movies you get the impression that vampires are stronger, quicker and more durable that humans (hence the need for Blade), however in the 3rd movie you have Jessica Biel (who is human) as well as Ryan Reynolds (a previous vampire now cured / human) kicking ass all over vampire city. If this were really the case then vampires wouldn't pose much of a threat to begin with. So this aspect really bothered me as the vampires in this 3rd movie came off really weak and ordinary. They didn't come of mystical or powerful at all; even Drake wasn't impressive in the least. This had the net effect of stealing away some thunder from the Blade character as Blade actually gets rescued by his Nights stalker groupies rather than the other way around.

Overall the movie was just okay and is much more light hearted than the first two movies, for that reason it may appeal to a wider audience, but in doing so it lost me as a hardcore vampire fan. I couldn't take this movie seriously as the comedy aspect kept pushing through. Unfortunately when you mix Vampires with too much comedy you get crap for a result. Vampires are better suited for horror / suspense movies rather than this 'Hollywood / Please all' crap. Kind of a bummer
89 out of 161 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What happened to Blade?
emobame477 January 2005
Why is Wesley Snipes sharing screen time with Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel? Who cares about Hannibal King? I paid to see Blade kick butt, just like in Blade 1 and 2. I didn't pay to see Ryan Reynolds joke for half the film. I didn't pay to see Jessica Biel (hottest body in Hollywood) fake fight. Who cares about Whistler's daughter?

Blade the Vampire Hunter was a good film. Strong villain. Strong hero. Good story. Blade 2 was even better. A rare sequel that bests the original. Two strong villains for Blade to fight against. Good supporting cast. Good story and a director who gets it.

Blade Trinity is a joke: literally. The villain, warning spoilers ahead, is Dracula, if you don't know by now. Dracula: the original vampire--the baddest of them all. What a way to end the series, then to have Blade fight the first and the greatest of his kind, but Dracula does basically nothing throughout the film. He doesn't pose any real threat to Blade, or anyone else. He is just there, and Blade has to kill him, because that is what he does. The other vampires in the film seem to have no other purpose either than beating up Ryan Reynolds' Hannibal King, while the latter cracks one liners. I didn't pay to see a comedy. Jessica Biel is hot, but I didn't pay to see a Jessica Biel movie. I paid to see Wesley Snipes as Blade, and yet it is like he is cast aside for younger models. Wesley Snipes is the star. He has charisma, on screen and off. Jessica Biel does not, and I don't care about Ryan Reynolds.

I paid to see Blade. What happened to Blade?
125 out of 177 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor - spoilers
R1X13 December 2004
This is a seriously poor film... and I don't know where to start. The product placement of the i-pod? The fact that the production wants you to call Dracula Drake (in a hip move that makes you think of comics and naming conventions over the fact the guy is called Dracula!)? The stupid on-foot chase between Blade and Drake? The fact Whistler is beaten by the Feds, when he survived Vamps? The inappropriate comedy? The stupid blind woman? The fact Drake was just resting, wasn't in a tomb at all, and woke up when he chose to? The crapness of the script? The poor introduction of Whistler's daughter? The lack of tension? The horrendous ending?

I can't go on... please kill me. I knew I should have seen Polar Express.
52 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nothing special but...
tonyfsoprano1 October 2020
It's a classic Blade movie and a movie which is time killer when you have nothing to do but watch something. Not confusing, not boring, with a little sense of humor, just watch and enjoy, don't look for something that makes sense. By the way, Jessica Biel was something else in the movie.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT and tons of spoilers
dbborroughs6 January 2005
The second Blade film was the exception to the rule that sequels are always worse than the original. The second film is so good it makes watching the first film difficult. Now we have Blade Trinity and the rule about sequels is proved true, sequels are rarely as good as the the film that precedes it.

The plot has Blade wanted for murder after the vampires set him up by killing a human. The plot line is merely a "deus ex machina" used to get everything going and its importance to the plot comes and goes on a whim.

This film takes everything that has gone before and thrown it to the wind. Nothing here follows what has gone before. From the way the vampires operate to the way they all have seem to have plastic teeth in their mouths, there is nothing about these vampires that fits with what has gone before. The history of the vampires is rewritten yet again and the split monster mouths that the reapers in the last film had are suddenly the norm, to the point that dogs have them (which is way cool).

Blade is a cypher that we know less about than before. He is a tight lipped bad ass that looks bored by the proceedings. His Night Stalker friends, while intriguing, seem to have come out of another movie.

Its awful. Even the fights plunge head long into cartoonish violence thats completely not in keeping with the the earlier films.

(I won't even mention the acting because its just too dumb)

If you liked the earlier films re-watch them, this movie is not worth bothering with.

4 out of 10 for a few cool moments but mostly this is a lost cause.
So-so
grantss20 July 2020
So-so vampire-action movie. Plot, while trying to be edgy, is fairly conventional. Highlight of the movie is actually the comedy performance of Ryan Reynolds. Steals the show.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A terrible mess.
Boba_Fett11389 August 2005
Dear oh dear...I liked the first 2 Blade movies very much and thought they were perfect horror/action entertainment, so I kind of expected the same thing from "Blade: Trinity". The movie however turned out to be a terrible mess with an incredibly awfully told story and sidekicks that became more interesting and better than Blade himself. You know something is terribly wrong when you're care way more and are more interested in the sidekicks than in the main title character.

Man to blame is director David S. Goyer. This guy is no director, let him stick to produce and writing movies. He tells the movie its story in such an incredibly messy and uninteresting way that I kept losing track, not because the story was that complicated but because it was told in such a completely messy way. The movie felt terribly incoherent like none of the scene's were really connected with each other. Also the fight scene's that were perhaps the best elements of the previous two Blade movies were disappointing in this third Blade entry. They were filmed with little flair and the terrible editing made it impossible to tell at times what was exactly happening on the screen. Yes, this movie features the worst editing I have seen in a while but that is what happens when you have three editors on the job.

The new characters Hannibal King and Abigail Whistler (really, did she had to be Whistler's daughter? That served absolutely no purpose and was nothing more than just a lame, pointless story addition.) are cool and interesting. At least more interesting than Blade! They add a lot of humor and style to the movie and they are about the two only successful things about this movie. OK The cinematography by Gabriel Beristain might be a third successful thing about the movie but it ends right after there really.

The villains are also a disappointing element of the movie. I mean über-vampire Dracula is in this, you would expect something more from a character like that but he has got very little to do and its unclear what exactly his motivations are and what he is trying to achieve.

I feel that "Blade: Trinity" still could had been a good movie, with a different, better and more experienced director at the helm. Couldn't they just had waited until director Guillermo Del Toro became available again?

This movie makes a terrible messy impression and feels like a lame excuse to quickly cash in some more money after the more successful and better previous two Blade movies. I didn't expected this to be so but this was the worst movie I have seen, in the last couple of months.

8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Blade: Trinity is actually a good action comic book film
Terryfan15 July 2015
This is the very first Marvel Movie I saw in theaters back in 2004 and it still one of the best times I had at the theaters. It's one of those films in a series that I look at the good and ignore the bad. Also Blade Trinity was how I discover IMDb in 2005 and while I have been on the site ever since so as part of my ten year anniversary I'm reviewing Blade:Trinity

Yes I know this movie got a bad rap but I still love it since I saw it in theaters.

The plot this time features Blade (Wesley Snipes) must team up with Hannibal King (Ryan Reynolds) and Abigail Whistler (Jessica Biel) as they do battle against Drake (Dominic Purcell), Danica Talos (Parker Posey), Asher Talos (Callum Keith Rennie) and Jarko Grimwood (Triple H)

I feel Blade Trinity is actually a good action comic book movie because it features a lot more than people give it credit for.

The action scenes in the film are top notch as you see many fights throughout this movie and the stunts are pretty intense and some of the most out of control scenes that make you go I can't believe that.

Also the film does feature some emotional scenes that I remember everyone in the theater was silence throughout that really is not something you see all the time any more. Plus there are some good performances in the film

Plus there is a good soundtrack for the film along with the score that helps tell the story of the movie. Now the film does have it share of comedy some weak some that make you laugh so hard along with one scene I remember everyone in the theater clap

Back to the film the movie is just driven by action and tense movements that you won't see coming even while watching Blade:Trinity also it still a better vampire film

Seriously give Blade:Trinity a try you might be surprised with how much it's better then you thought it would be plus the film feature cool one liners With tense moments, superb action scenes and actually one of Marvel's most interesting films you will actually come to enjoy it

I give Blade:Trinity an 9 out of 10
Blade v. Dracula
Calicodreamin4 April 2022
A simple enough concept with a decent production value. Action was well coordinated and the creature effects amazing. Characters were well cast and had good chemistry. A young and beefed up Ryan Reynolds?! Unmatched.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
These special effect guys have played one too many video games
Smells_Like_Cheese11 November 2006
I was never really into the Blade movies or stories from the comic books, but my mom is a huge fan. We have a Pomeranian, and I remember her calling me and screaming about how Blade: Trinity had a vampire Pomeranian in it, I just started laughing and couldn't believe it. But she kept on asking me to watch it with her, because no one else would, so finally I sat down and watched it, and I couldn't believe my eyes, a vampire Pomeranian!

Blade has been set up by humans who were pretending to be vampires, so now everyone thinks he is a murderer and has become the most wanted man in America. When the Feds get ahold of him, a group of humans help Blade escape and together they must find Dracula to stop him from creating the ultimate vampire. Of course, you know, that's not going to be easy since Dracula reminds you instead of a smooth talking Romanian as a Predator wanna be!

While Blade: Trinity has some great action like always, it just seems like the whole special effects just revolved around video games of today. But I would recommend Blade: Trinity for vampire lovers, action lovers, or well, you get the idea. I just at least wanted to watch it, because, there is a vampire Pomeranian! Crazy, I know! But it was so cool to see and I will never doubt my mom again.

Pretty Good Action Movie
Simmonz26 December 2004
I must say that going into seeing Blade: Trinity I was not expecting a masterpiece, I merely wanted to be entertained by this movie. With that said, it did a pretty decent job. People can criticize this film with having a thin plot, being corny at points, heck I know I will, but I don't think the makers were going for a great plot, and great acting, more along the lines of action/comedy and lots of fighting/explosions.

The plot is this: a group of vampires bring back Dracula to help combat Blade, while they also get Blade to the top of the FBI's most wanted, now Blade needs help of his own, this comes from a group of new young vampire stalkers. These are not spoilers by the way, everything I say is included in the trailers. I must say that many times I was saying in this film "yeah right", but most of the time I was having a ball. I will say that one thing I found is that Blade: Trinity was less "dark" than the other two Blade movies, it just had a lighter feel to it. More comedy involved than before, which was nice because it was indeed funny, but I liked the atmosphere set by the other films that this one did not take.

The newest additions, Ryan Renolds and Jessica Beil, do their jobs pretty well. I must say that Renolds had me laughing almost any time he was on screen. Beil was very nice to look at, she is just incredibly beautiful, and she does well considering the lines she is given. Paul Levesque, better known as Triple H makes a decent debut, I guess. He had some funny parts, but really I can't see how his job was that hard considering his role was to beat people up, and that's what he gets paid to do for the WWE so it's not a real stretch. Well overall the supporting cast did a good job and kept me entertained.

On to the meat and potatoes of this movie, the fights. Much of the work was very well done in this film, Snipes is his usual acrobatic self and disposes of vampires in interesting ways while showing off his martial arts skills. Here is a part I didn't like, the fighting involving Ryan Renolds, at times he tries to be like Snipes, and it just doesn't work. I always say, if the actor doesn't know martial arts, don't make him try to pretend, it's just not the same. Beil did some nice fight scenes to. Triple H, well his fights were good, but I see it too much in the ring to really enjoy it, the whole time I was thinking in my head, "now when's he going to break out a pedigree ?", well that moment never came. The gun fights were really well done, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Overall Blade: Trinity had awesome fight scenes.

So that pretty much sums up my feelings of this film. It was a fun movie to watch just for the action, and comedy of Renolds, but not much else (did I mention Jessica Beil was very beautiful). I will say that out of the three Blade movies, this is my least favorite, but I still like it and recommend it to anybody looking for a good action movie, die-hard fans of the series will probably be conflicted with it. My rating is 8/10.
43 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Unkindest or Kindest Cut of All?
BaronBl00d18 May 2005
David Goyer directs the third and perhaps final installment to the Blade series with an astonishing amount of energy amidst a background of a rather cliché-ridden, anemic plot. This time Blade is going to battle ... dare I say...Dracula, who has been in hiding somewhere in the Middle East when he hibernated when he became bored with society. The story is nothing grand in anyone's dictionary, but the film breathes life into it with an entertaining, never-take-yourself-too-seriously attitude. Wesley Snipes is Wesley Snipes as Blade. We get lots of one-liners with real little meaning and Snipe's cracking his neck muscles a lot. The other actors are adequate for this kind of film. Whistler is back yet again(Boy, you sure can't keep a good man down!). He departs early in the film, but have no fear...Whistler's daughter is here! Jessica Biel plays the role with verve if nothing else. Parker Posey and the fellow playing Hannibal King(Ryan Reynolds) quip one-liners back and forth. Surprisingly some of them work well, and that for me is the best part of this film - the humour that is generously fused throughout. Sure, one could get bogged down with the endless action scenes and vampires turning into crisps, but the action sequences, which are impressive, are transitioned nicely with something else. There are some moments where drama is approached but not let in. As far as action movies go with a faint taint of science fiction, I recommend Blade: Trinity. You get exactly what is advertised. Nothing more or nothing less.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mediocre sequel to end a popular franchise.
insomniac_rod14 October 2006
I really tried to like this movie. There was a lot of hype towards it but sadly, it doesn't live up to the expectations. Not even the always beautiful Jessical Biel saves the day. Wesley Snipes looks uncomfortable all the time, and the rest of the cast looks over acted. Except for the always wonderful, beautiful Parker Posey. Ryan Reynolds seems like an actor that has a bright future but this kind of roles won't help him that much.

The movie is filled with comic book action type scenes but unlike the first two "Blade" movies, this one isn't impressive or even spectacular. The Horror elements are gone and "Trinity" focuses mainly on the CGI effects. Sadly, the visuals aren't that impressive. Oh, and the score is painful. Enough with cheap techno tracks!

This is probably the last movie of the "Blade" franchise and I can understand why. The plot is terrible and never gets interesting. The action sequences aren't impressive as I stated before.

There isn't anything good about "Blade Trinity" except for Parker Posey.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fine ending to the series
kannibalcorpsegrinder8 October 2015
When it becomes apparent that staying in the shadows while engaging in the war with the vampires might be impossible, Blade forms an alliance with a motley crew of hunters to battle his largest and most dangerous enemy yet.

There was a lot to really like with this one. The main thing to like here is similar to what worked so well in the previous entry, the fact that the majority of time this one plays up as an action movie so there's a ton of impressive scenes here. The opening warehouse assault is quite impressive and offers an explosive opening dealing with the fleeing vampires and leads into the full-throttle car-chase that ends up starting this very well, the FBI raid on the hideout to capture him or the great fun of the resulting rescue attempt as there's a fine flurry of explosive gun-play and shootouts to go along with the hand-to-hand brawling which gives this one some really enjoyable scenes. The later hunting scenes of the group going out for their individual stalking scenes and getting their information gets some nice action as well, and the utter fun of the foot-chase through the city streets in broad daylight culminating with mad racing through the apartment complexes that causes this to come off as fun. Still, the biggest scene here is the finale which is the incredibly fun and exciting raid on the vampire hideout, which has a ton of action in the actual brawling and beating before the break-in and tactual rescue forcing the long-winded series of brawls, gunfights and weaponry tactics throughout the building as everyone involved gets plenty of time to shine battling against the vampires while setting up the showdown fight at the end. This is a really impressive scene that goes from a high-flying sword-fight to letting them throw each other around with superhuman abilities and finally down to a great hand-to-hand brawl which gives this one such a fine pace here that comes from all this action. Along with this action, there's a rather enjoyable series of story lines here that gives this a really strong feel, from the vampires setting him up with the authorities, the appearance of the hunters coming to rescue him, the plans for the vampire plague and even their version of a harvestable blood bank all come together here to keep this moving along just right. Combined with the violence and gore, these here hold this nicely for the few minor flaws here. The main issue here is the fact that the main villain isn't really all that threatening here as there's really only one true scene here that gives us any real reason to fear him while he trends to spend the majority of the time here giving grandiose speeches about his reign and history through the ages instead, and it really makes it hard to feel fear for the main villain in such a manner. As well, there's also a pretty big flaw here in how much comedy is here, as not only is the introduction of it at this stage of the franchise slightly curious to being with but most troubling about it is the widespread use. The sarcastic quips aren't so bad, but much of the other comments here come off as trying too hard to be funny when it really isn't and really tends to make this too hit-or-miss to be consistently funny. Again, there's some troublesome CGI, but overall this ends the series on a fine note.

Rated R: Graphic Violence and Graphic Language.
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining but a let down in general
shadowman12320 January 2009
The first 2 Blade movies were excellent , it showed a war going on followed by the way we are taken into the war. However the layout was perfect for the third instalment in which we are taken against the Father of them all , Dracula. Unfortunalty Blade Trinty builds its-self up to be a little too big and thusly just falls down. The first big problem is the script and although I am aware it is a comic book movie , it just feels a little too superficial and thusly not very engaging. Be aware also that there are several plot holes in the movie which all go unanswered and Ryan Reynolds was a not THAT funny and lets hope his take on Deadpool is better! Wesley Snipes does a little more talking this time round but it feels with that he has lost that bad ass edge that made him Blade. Dominic Purcell was not the correct choice to play Dracula and although he looked as if he had tried , he was just given so little to play with that the interesting character that is Dracula ...just well seemed rather dull. On the plus sides , Jessica Biel was excellent , along with some excellent weaponry and action sequences which made this enteratinting and Triple H was fairly amusing as well although it felt like he was acting like a 14 year old with the insult he threw about. To some it up Blade: Trinty should of been the best one in the series but due to its very apparent problems it just goes out on a low, its not a complete waste of time and thusly I do recommend renting it.

BLADE:TRINIY - 7.8 OUT OF 10
Blade's low point
cardsrock2 October 2020
Trinity isn't unwatchable, but it's very mediocre. Snipes is back and as charismatic as ever, but the addition of Ryan Reynolds spouting off constant one-liners and Jessica Biel attempting to act do not mesh well with the vibe Blade should have. The villain is very one-note and does almost nothing in the film. Basically everything is worse than the previous two films, so I don't exactly recommend watching it.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing, but not bad
jellyneckr30 April 2005
Upon my first viewing of BLADE: TRINITY, I was disappointed to say the least. However, after watching it a second time, I found myself liking it a lot more. The problem was that I was expecting BLADE: TRINITY to be the best vampire movie of all time since David S. Goyer was both writing and directing it. Unfortunately, it didn't end up being the best vampire movie of all time. That's not saying that it's a bad movie. It's a fun, entertaining, and stylish picture that's a vast improvement over BLADE II, but the film suffers from action scenes that are over edited and a poor performance by Dominic Purcell as an underwritten Drake (Dracula). Still, I'd recommend it to fans of comic book movies as long as they don't expect too much.
19 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doesn't bite, but still sucks (a little)
kosmasp11 May 2007
Or a lot, depending on what kind of a mood you have, or how much you (dis)like the new additions, in this case the new "team" members, Ryan Reynolds and(or) Jessica Biel. And here you have the crux (of the matter) ... although a very good idea itself (to put new elements in the story), it is obvious that it just dilutes the end result ... even if the actors do look good (another addition being a WWE Wrestler better known by his wrestling name Triple H, does what he does best and kicks butt)!

Unfortunately this movie has nothing much going for it then. With the new additions taking the (lime)light from Blade himself and making/degrading Wesley to a "supporting actor" (not really, it just feels like that). It doesn't have the surprise element (discovering/exploring) from the first movie and neither does it have the tongue-in-cheek humor from the second. You've also seen better villains then the one on display here ... Still it has some nicely done fight scenes, which doesn't save the day entirely, but does help you enjoy it at least a little bit!
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.