Blade: Trinity (2004) Poster

Blade: Trinity (2004) Defending an Underrated Sequel
ivo-cobra825 April 2015
I don't understand the complains and hate about Blade: Trinity a very underrated sequel to the success of the previous two movies. The first and second movie are awesome sci-fi action flicks.I read so many negative reviews how the fans and critics dissed this film and how are disappointed with this flick. I love it. I am not gonna say is the best movie, it is not but It' is a pretty good movie a worth of a watch an awesome underrated sequel. Blade: Trinity rocks! I am a fan of all Blade movies. Before this movie come out I kept watching Blade I & II. It was been 7.years when I finally download and watch this movie, today I watch it on Blu-ray and Blade third installment rocks. Blade: Trinity is rated R! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR not PG-13 It Is violent, action gore adrenaline sci-fi flick not for kids. I can't believe how Robocop (2014) remake is praised from fans and critics but Blade get's dissed and bashed from critics it is just not fair!

My Reply and answer to a negative reviewer: "I didn't pay to see Jessica Biel (hottest body in Hollywood) fake fight. Who cares about Whistler's daughter?"........ Jessica Biel did a good job, with weapons, shooting bow and arrow and the fights she wasn't annoying and I honestly didn't see or noticed her hottest body, I was following the story. I don't know what is your problem? The third installment of Blade is very decent movie! "Why is Wesley Snipes sharing screen time with Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel? Who cares about Hannibal King? I paid to see Blade kick butt, just like in Blade 1 and 2. I didn't pay to see Ryan Reynolds joke for half the film."............ Why wouldn't he be? Wesley Snipes shared screen time with other actor and actress in Blade I & II and other his movies. So why wouldn't he shared screen time with Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel? Wesley Snipes, Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel did a wonderful decent good job as a trio team that is why it is called Blade: Trinity! Blade did kick butt!!!! In the beginning he kicked ass of the vampires and kill them, he beat up the SWAT team, he fought in a sword fight with Dracula, well sorry Abigail helped him to kill Dracula so whatever! They don't make movies like this one today! I wish I would had sci-fi action movies like are this one today!! I really wish! I wanna see Blade again in action. Green Lantern get's hate and so does Blade: Trinity. I like action movies I really do and I really wish I could get action movies like are this one. It is 2015 and I haven't see any good sci-fi action movie like is this one today!!! They don't make them like that anymore!!! Blade saved a baby and he also talked to the little girl.

Dracula was played from Dominic Purcell who also started in my favorite TV Show of all time Prison Break. Patton Oswalt from King of Queens was also in it. Here we have a fights, a little origins of Dracula the first and original vampire. Jessica Biel's fight, Ryan Reynolds so muscular in here and he fights pretty well. Also I don't care about the jokes he is telling as long he acts they way he supposed to do.

Jessica Beil was so much better with Bow and arrow shooting the Vampires like Sylvester Stallone did in 1985 Rambo: First Blood Part II, she was so much better shooter with bow and arrow than Jennifer Lawrence in The Hunger Games is! She was so much better with using weapons than Jennifer Lawrence does! Blade shoots and kills and kick's the vampires. He use his particular hand guns and his other silver weapons. We have a great music themes and soundtracks! I know that while filming this movie there was a lot of problems between Wesley Snipes and David S. Goyer. That Wesley suffered from a mental breakdown and often would not come out of his trailer, he would only respond to the name 'Blade', and if he communicated with anyone, it would be via post-it notes. 'Ryan Reynolds' corroborated this while promoting the film. Saying that Snipes would ignore the entire cast but once acknowledged Reynolds by saying "Keep your mouth shut. You'll live longer." Still Blade: Trinity is pretty good damn sequel and that a good one, I love it very much. I love all three movies and I wish that there would be another sequel after this film. I don't get why people are bashing this movie so much? Underworld got three sequels and Blade only two but not three or four? I know Wesley Snipes and Kris Kristofferson were disappointed with the script and with the movie. But honestly it was a pretty damn good entertainment, I wasn't bored with it. Robocop 2 (1990), Spider-Man 3 (2007), Predator 2 (1990) and Kick-Ass 2 (2013) are getting so much hate and bashed this days for it. I still love them all. My best Blade movie would honestly be Blade II, I enjoyed the fights than is Blade I and Than Blade: Trinity.

Anyway , it's a good continuation of Blade's story.There is nothing new here , but it's well executed. In the end it's one of those rare satisfying sequels. I give it 8/10.
109 out of 138 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What happened to Blade?
emobame477 January 2005
Why is Wesley Snipes sharing screen time with Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel? Who cares about Hannibal King? I paid to see Blade kick butt, just like in Blade 1 and 2. I didn't pay to see Ryan Reynolds joke for half the film. I didn't pay to see Jessica Biel (hottest body in Hollywood) fake fight. Who cares about Whistler's daughter?

Blade the Vampire Hunter was a good film. Strong villain. Strong hero. Good story. Blade 2 was even better. A rare sequel that bests the original. Two strong villains for Blade to fight against. Good supporting cast. Good story and a director who gets it.

Blade Trinity is a joke: literally. The villain, warning spoilers ahead, is Dracula, if you don't know by now. Dracula: the original vampire--the baddest of them all. What a way to end the series, then to have Blade fight the first and the greatest of his kind, but Dracula does basically nothing throughout the film. He doesn't pose any real threat to Blade, or anyone else. He is just there, and Blade has to kill him, because that is what he does. The other vampires in the film seem to have no other purpose either than beating up Ryan Reynolds' Hannibal King, while the latter cracks one liners. I didn't pay to see a comedy. Jessica Biel is hot, but I didn't pay to see a Jessica Biel movie. I paid to see Wesley Snipes as Blade, and yet it is like he is cast aside for younger models. Wesley Snipes is the star. He has charisma, on screen and off. Jessica Biel does not, and I don't care about Ryan Reynolds.

I paid to see Blade. What happened to Blade?
120 out of 165 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor - spoilers
R1X13 December 2004
This is a seriously poor film... and I don't know where to start. The product placement of the i-pod? The fact that the production wants you to call Dracula Drake (in a hip move that makes you think of comics and naming conventions over the fact the guy is called Dracula!)? The stupid on-foot chase between Blade and Drake? The fact Whistler is beaten by the Feds, when he survived Vamps? The inappropriate comedy? The stupid blind woman? The fact Drake was just resting, wasn't in a tomb at all, and woke up when he chose to? The crapness of the script? The poor introduction of Whistler's daughter? The lack of tension? The horrendous ending?

I can't go on... please kill me. I knew I should have seen Polar Express.
48 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is About as Sharp as a Butterknife
CrassActionHero26 August 2006
Blade: Trinity. 2004 New Line Cinema.

Review: So, it's come to this. The last installment of Blade. Look up the word messy and Blade: Trinity will be seen as the perfect example of messy. This film is a total disaster. Let's go with pros and cons to sum things up.

Pros: Wesley Snipes returns as Blade.

Cons: Snipes looks embarrassed here.

Pros: Jessica Biel is here. Great eye candy.

Cons: Biel's character seems like filler than an actual person.

Pros: Ryan Reynolds put on some serious weight.

Cons: Reynolds can't fight at all.

Pros: Triple H is here. His lines are delivered well and steals the show.

Cons: Triple H is not used well here. No character development as well.

Pros: The bad guy is Dracula.

Cons: Casting of Dracula (or Drake) is terrible. Horrible actor. Character development is awful, and seems to be here just to fight Blade.

Pros: Blade's mentor Whistler is back.

Major Spoiler****

Cons: Whistler is dispatched quickly. If you looked away for a second, you would miss the death scene. Worse yet, Whistler is killed by human police officers, and kills a bunch of them beforehand.

Pros: Blade's muscle car is back.

Cons: I'm running out of pros.

Pros: Vampire dogs (it's original).

Cons: Triple H and Wesley Snipes, the only two in this movie who know how to fight, do NOT fight in one-on-one combat. Instead HHH has to fight Reynolds. What's the point?!

Cons: A human Reynolds defeats a Vampire HHH. So very wrong.

Cons: Dracula wore gold chains here.

Cons: Jessica Biel listens to her Ipod while hunting vamps. Lame.

Cons: Triple H should have played Dracula.

Cons: The night stalkers. Who? Should I care? No. Next.

Cons: The blind woman that can read computer monitors???

Cons: Dracula talks of honor, but threatens to kill a newborn baby earlier.

Cons: Dracula ran away from Blade. Why?

Cons: The vamps bite like reapers from Blade two and no explanation as to how.

Cons: HHH aside, the rest of the evil vamps are like MTV rejects, and are not menacing at all. Just annoying.

Cons: Blade is in no real danger throughout this movie.

Cons: A terrible way to end a good movie franchise. Ouch.

The Last Word: Poor Blade. This is indeed the stake driven though Blade's heart. This is easily one of the worst of the year, or the decade. I'll stick with the latter. Skip it.
26 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent third showing for Blade, but nothing brilliant
The_Void12 June 2005
I was never a big fan of the original 'Blade', but I liked the sequel a lot. Doing away with the story building of the first one, Blade II captured a nice balance between plot and action and it was an entertaining ride throughout. For this third instalment, however that perfect balance has been interrupted, and calling this film 'action heavy' would be an understatement. While the action in the movie is well done and entertaining to watch, when you've seen 45th bad guy being smashed through a window, it loses it's impact somewhat. The talking scenes in between the action are either small plot details that the film needs to string itself together, or just another action sequence set-up. The plot is messy to say the least, and there's far too much going on for it to be streamlined into an engaging and satisfying story, but nevertheless it follows the vampires as they resurrect legendary bloodsucker Dracula and get Blade into trouble with the cops. However, Blade manages to team up with a ragtag bunch of vampire hunters and together they attempt to thwart Dracula and the rest of the vampires! Oh, and the cops.

David S. Goyer, the man who wrote the first two Blade films has taken the director's chair this time round. He's obviously being watching too much Mtv too, as he seems far too keen to not allow the audience to know what is going on. The quick style Mtv editing is abundant, and it quickly becomes apparent that you will end up very dizzy by the end of the film. The director/writer has dragged together an eclectic cast to compliment Wesley Snipes, which includes the sizzling Jessica Biel, along with two more experienced actresses who should know better; Parker Posey and Natasha Lyonne, and Kris Kristofferson returns also; and WWF wrestler Triple H joins in the fun too. Wesley Snipes has made his name playing the human/vampire hybrid in this comic strip movie series, and with this performance he seems like an actor bored with his work. Whether or not that's because of the extremely thin caricature that Snipes has been given to work with this time round, or maybe it's because he's fed up of 'more of the same'. Anyway, Blade Trinity is quality entertainment. What it lacks in depth, it makes up for in coolness and action and if you liked the first two, you might as well see this one as well.
59 out of 97 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing
scruffysadie6 January 2005
Wow, I have to admit to being really quite disappointed with this instalment of the Blade series. Two days after watching the film I can barely remember much of it at all. The first two were exciting, with punchy dialogue, impressive villains and most importantly, a hero, the man himself, Blade.

With Trinity we have no idea who this particular group of vampires are, their social standing, history, source of their power are all a mystery. They were just plonked in the film to raise the ultimate bad guy from his crypt and provide someone for Blade's latest sidekicks to pulverise-badly.

And then we have the ultimate bad guy, Drake, who isn't remotely imposing, let alone terrifying. Big boots to fill and I really don't think this guy is up to it. I was looking forward to someone imposing, sadistic, gleefully evil in fact. I didn't get it. What this guy reminded me of was Ram-Man from He-Man, but less frightening to his enemies.

The only reason I gave this film 4 and not 1 is for Hannibal King (Ryan Reynolds), who steals the show from Blade the second he comes on screen. While Blade potters through the film not saying or doing much that I can remember, apparently this is whats called "brooding", King manages to keep all eyes on him.

King gets all the best camera shots AND lines. As far as I'm concerned this was his film and should have been a Blade spin-off and not another episode. Ryan Reynolds is far and away the star here.
107 out of 187 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wesley Snipes can stand alone
graebel15 December 2004
The main problem with Blade:Trinity is that the director - for some odd reason - forgot that Wesley Snipes can hold his own. He was the reason people went and saw the first two movies. As Blade, he is the king of badass cool. Trinity was disappointing because they siphoned all of his humor off onto Hannibal, and he lost a lot of battle scenes to Abby. This was unnecessary. I didn't go to watch either of those actors try desperately. I went to watch Wesley Snipes as Blade. And then, casting decisions? Who chose Parker Posey to play a vamp? Who did her hair? What insanity was going on on the set? And why, why, why, why didn't Paul Levanesque take his shirt off? Come on. Waste of money, and that from a Blade sci-fi fan.
89 out of 156 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So bad
MR_Heraclius22 February 2020
After two awesome films the third film in the Blade Franchise kind of sucked. Poor I really hope that Marvel does more movies for this character because he ended on a bad note with a bad movie and a trash series.
41 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not what I was hoping for, compared to the first two movies
dcobbimdb9 December 2004
Unfortunately this movie didn't have the impact on me that the first two did. I've been a big fan of Vampire movies in general as well as the first two movies of the Blade series, so I'm an avid fan of the subject. While this movie offered more in the comedy & comic book feel, it lost the originality, horror, and suspense IMO.

Pros – Cool new weapons & some plucky comedy. Cons – Lacked any kind of suspense / horror feeling, wasn't serious at all, more of a popcorn movie than the first two. Also a comic book cinematography feel that kind of bothered me.

Throughout this movie I never felt a single hint of being in a horror movie, but more so like a super hero movie (like with all Marvel comic movies). Now granted I'd say that the Blade series lingers more on the Sci-Fi / horror fence rather than just horror, but this movie was more like a comedy action and lacked any kind of suspense / horror. The first movie was pretty original, the 2nd was more darker and the mutated vampire strain definitely gave a good creepy & suspenseful element while building off the original storyline. However the third movie lacked any suspense at all as the main bad guy (Dracula, or rather his modern name 'Drake') seemed to lack any substance or omnipotence at all. You didn't fear him or see him as any real threat at all other than his ability to morph into other things which wasn't really used well; hence the suspense went down the tube…

The acting was okay, there was a much more comical feel to this one rather than the few one liners of the previous two movies and I guess that rubbed me the wrong way, mainly instigated by Ryan Reynolds (Mr. Van Wilder). While he was certainly physically fit for the part as seen in his torture scene, his relief comedy ways totally change the tone of the movie. Interestingly you never see Wesley Snipes all stripped down, wondering if he's been keeping up with his push ups… Jessica Biel is okay at best. She certainly kicks ass in the movie, but is not very believable in her character IMO and not very good eye candy either, so kind of a dud there. The other thing that really bugged me was her 'listening to MP3's' while doing battling, OMG this is so stupid and so Hollywood. You mean to tell me that she's willing and capable to give up her sense of hearing while fighting vampires, just to appear cool? Give me a friggin break. So unrealistic… Who ever thought up that idea should be shot, hanged, have there ears ripped off and never allowed to work in Vampire movies again… Wesley Snipes played his role same as the first two, kicking ass throughout and having a bad attitude to boot. I wasn't impressed by any of the fight scenes, yeah some of the new weapons were semi cool, but overall the action was nothing new, and the cinematography was so quick and close up that you really couldn't make out the action very well. The end / climactic scene was also a dud, quite befitting for the rest of the movie I recon…

I guess the other thing that bothered me about this movie was the fact that in the first two movies you get the impression that vampires are stronger, quicker and more durable that humans (hence the need for Blade), however in the 3rd movie you have Jessica Biel (who is human) as well as Ryan Reynolds (a previous vampire now cured / human) kicking ass all over vampire city. If this were really the case then vampires wouldn't pose much of a threat to begin with. So this aspect really bothered me as the vampires in this 3rd movie came off really weak and ordinary. They didn't come of mystical or powerful at all; even Drake wasn't impressive in the least. This had the net effect of stealing away some thunder from the Blade character as Blade actually gets rescued by his Nights stalker groupies rather than the other way around.

Overall the movie was just okay and is much more light hearted than the first two movies, for that reason it may appeal to a wider audience, but in doing so it lost me as a hardcore vampire fan. I couldn't take this movie seriously as the comedy aspect kept pushing through. Unfortunately when you mix Vampires with too much comedy you get crap for a result. Vampires are better suited for horror / suspense movies rather than this 'Hollywood / Please all' crap. Kind of a bummer
91 out of 163 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Destruction of a one-time promising franchise
omar-chopin22 February 2005
I remember the excitement my friends and I felt leaving the theatre after seeing Blade I in the theatre years ago (for the 3rd time). I remember telling my brother that I haven't seen a hero kick this much ass in a film since the 80's. This film, along with "The Matrix" and Jackie Chan helped bring martial arts back to Hollywood.

I remember leaving Blade II being disgusted by the acting by the acting Leonor Varela, but pleased to see Donnie Yen's fight choreography and to see Wesley Snipes' Blade kick even more ass this time around. Not as good a story as 1, but cool and violent nonetheless.

But trinity...wow. I'm surprised that Blade didn't have nipples on his costume with the immediate decay of the quality of the franchise. The responsibility lies completely on David Goyer as he finally was given the chance to direct he series he has written since it's inception. This film felt like it should have been on Sci-Fi channel or FX. Those good old days of Blade kicking ass are gone, replaced by Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds beating down brittle MTV vampires that couldn't hold a candle to Stephen Dorff's Deacon Frost. I don't even remember seeing Blade fight Dracula, with all the action geared towards his new sidekicks. That's like a Batman movie with Robin as the star. David Goyer now says he'd like to direct Thor......comic fans around the world should now panic as to what he sets his sights on next.
150 out of 281 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What happened?
asifs25 April 2005
Who came up with this awful mess? Goyer? Hope he doesn't have much to do with any other Marvel movies coming out soon, or I won't be seeing them in theaters. Every part of this movie was awful. It's almost as if a child wrote it. The whole "back to the beginning" thing has been done so many times and this time was the worst that I have ever seen. This part of the storyline was especially disappointing, since I have always enjoyed the way the vampires existence was explained in the previous blade movies. Although, the acting wasn't stellar, I don't think they could be blamed for much. Seems like the majority of the blame falls on the writer/director. Character development was atrocious. Seemed like far too much time was given to unimportant characters .. Triple H .. and far too little on those characters around which the movie should have been centered.
32 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nothing special but...
tonyfsoprano1 October 2020
It's a classic Blade movie and a movie which is time killer when you have nothing to do but watch something. Not confusing, not boring, with a little sense of humor, just watch and enjoy, don't look for something that makes sense. By the way, Jessica Biel was something else in the movie.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They did Dracula so dirty
stephenstephenbyrne21 August 2020
In retrospect, Jessica Biel's arms are clearly the real star of this movie. Trust me google it.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Talk about disappointment
mtgtuga16 February 2005
OK, it's official.. Blade III sucks! I can't believe how someone with a normal brain efficiency could create something so awful from the excellent movie/character Blade.

When is Hollywood gonna learn that the heroes don't have to be cool in every single scene? That it's OK if the good guys don't have the right haircuts in a few scenes? That cool fighting is much better than fighting cool? That there's no chance that a woman so beautiful like J. Biel could ever kick someone's ass while wearing that kind of sexy (thus really tight) clothing? Damn, I hate going to a movie and just seeing a bunch of attractive women or men handling very unrealistic weapons and with no reasonable plot at all (and no character density for that matters, but it's a detail since it's an action movie).

But the thing that really really pisses me off is: why, why does the hero always has to be cool in every single shot? Why, in a middle of a gunfight or while escaping from some wretched fortress, the hero always has a scene where he just walks like he owns the place? Unrealistic at best and just pathetic.
32 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wesley Snipes joins forces with two tough fighters : Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel against the bloodsuckers
ma-cortes4 December 2006
Again Blade (Wesley Snipes), the half vampire , part human two-fisted hero with his cutting blade and his black garment and of course with the company of the veteran and old mentor Abraham Whistler (Kris Kristofferson). This time he teams up with the ¨Vigilantes from the night¨ named Annibal and Abigail (a muscular Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel) forming an invincible trio. They have to take on a gang of crazy bloodsuckers in the dangerous underworld .The Vigilantes have a hidden place as headquarter where there isa blind (Natasha Lyonne) scientific and a child. They are pursued by law agents (James Remar) and combating vampiric enemies (led by Parker Posey) and against the greatest powerful vampire (Dominick Purcell) of all the time named Drake.

The picture provides frenetic action , visceral violence , spectacular combats and loads of blood and gore . The movie is full of energy when the struggles happen with impressive bounds , and overwhelming stunts , besides sensational blades -Katana type- duels . It's just another vampires story wrapped up with unstopped action and breathtaking scenes .The fights are well staged with phenomenal choreography and are made by the actors themselves who hold a hard training on martial arts and by stunts and adding computer generador effects .The makeshift from human to vampire is equally carried out competently , both make-up and especial effects .The motion picture was well directed by Terror and Fantasy expert director Guillermo del Toro.

It's the following to Blade I (Stephen Norrington 1998) and Blade II (Guillermo del Toro 2002 with Leonor Varela, Ron Perlman, Thomas Kretschman, Matt Schulz) forming a perfect trilogy . The plot rips off everything in sight including a confrontation between one bloodsucker (Dominick Purcell of Prison Break) as megalomaniac as the evil man from the Blade I (with Stephen Dorff , Tracy Sanna Lathan, Kris Kristopherson) .Besides the vampires countenance and vampires dogs faces are similar than Blade II . However , the film is darkest even than former parts, is more spectacular , more thriller, more focused than previous movies . The motion picture is based on the character created by Marvel Comic Group by Rolfman and Gene Colan and is well adapted by David S. Goyer (film producer along with Snipes) . It's a generally enjoyable tribute to vampires cinema and the action genre . If you're a former Blade fan , you'll like it . The picture results to be one of the most successful terror-action movie of the last years.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty Good Action Movie
Simmonz26 December 2004
I must say that going into seeing Blade: Trinity I was not expecting a masterpiece, I merely wanted to be entertained by this movie. With that said, it did a pretty decent job. People can criticize this film with having a thin plot, being corny at points, heck I know I will, but I don't think the makers were going for a great plot, and great acting, more along the lines of action/comedy and lots of fighting/explosions.

The plot is this: a group of vampires bring back Dracula to help combat Blade, while they also get Blade to the top of the FBI's most wanted, now Blade needs help of his own, this comes from a group of new young vampire stalkers. These are not spoilers by the way, everything I say is included in the trailers. I must say that many times I was saying in this film "yeah right", but most of the time I was having a ball. I will say that one thing I found is that Blade: Trinity was less "dark" than the other two Blade movies, it just had a lighter feel to it. More comedy involved than before, which was nice because it was indeed funny, but I liked the atmosphere set by the other films that this one did not take.

The newest additions, Ryan Renolds and Jessica Beil, do their jobs pretty well. I must say that Renolds had me laughing almost any time he was on screen. Beil was very nice to look at, she is just incredibly beautiful, and she does well considering the lines she is given. Paul Levesque, better known as Triple H makes a decent debut, I guess. He had some funny parts, but really I can't see how his job was that hard considering his role was to beat people up, and that's what he gets paid to do for the WWE so it's not a real stretch. Well overall the supporting cast did a good job and kept me entertained.

On to the meat and potatoes of this movie, the fights. Much of the work was very well done in this film, Snipes is his usual acrobatic self and disposes of vampires in interesting ways while showing off his martial arts skills. Here is a part I didn't like, the fighting involving Ryan Renolds, at times he tries to be like Snipes, and it just doesn't work. I always say, if the actor doesn't know martial arts, don't make him try to pretend, it's just not the same. Beil did some nice fight scenes to. Triple H, well his fights were good, but I see it too much in the ring to really enjoy it, the whole time I was thinking in my head, "now when's he going to break out a pedigree ?", well that moment never came. The gun fights were really well done, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Overall Blade: Trinity had awesome fight scenes.

So that pretty much sums up my feelings of this film. It was a fun movie to watch just for the action, and comedy of Renolds, but not much else (did I mention Jessica Beil was very beautiful). I will say that out of the three Blade movies, this is my least favorite, but I still like it and recommend it to anybody looking for a good action movie, die-hard fans of the series will probably be conflicted with it. My rating is 8/10.
42 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sickening and unforgivable
tearsintherain1 March 2005
After seeing this film (after I was fairly hyped about it) I feel compelled to not only warn people about how disappointed they will be, but how sick they will feel. Never before have I seen such distasteful, amateur, pointless nonsense reach the screen (with perhaps the exception of Son of the Mask). How on earth David Goyer can write the original Blade (a fairly good film), and then write this is beyond me. Perhaps the film would have had a saving grace if a Director with some talent had taken the helm, but I fail to find one decent reason why this film was ever released - surely there must have been people to see what a disaster this was before they gave away the money for it to be made.

In terms of Story, it's un-inventive at best and awfully clichéd at worst, character's fates are of no emotional involvement, Blade himself is off-screen most of the time (which perhaps is a good thing), the dialogue is cringe-worthy, and the Plot in general is unbelievably dire. Signs of Goyer's utter laziness lie all over this mess: the stereotypical Antagonists, the stagnant exposition, the pointless voice over, the clichéd twists, and to add insult to injury there is an unashamed product placement (which now I feel even the manufacturers are regretting).

Things get worse with the Direction of the film - the brief but painful slow-motion sequences, introduction of characters, the overall design, the chief Antagonist. The consequences of these errors not only produces a film which is unforgivable (literally: I see no reason to expect any better from the people involved), but also make me doubtful of Goyer's other script: Batman Begins.

David Goyer has destroyed what was a fresh take on a decent character, it has been reduced to a commercial machine, adding to the poisoning of today's cliché-ridden catalogue of films. He has shown blatant contempt for the franchise with his laziness and disrespect - my only hope is that Christopher Nolan can save Batman Begins from the same grotesque fate.
24 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A totally awesome action packed movie
tevilbitch200219 December 2004
I must admit to being a little apprehensive about seeing the third instalment of Blade as i was very disappointed by the second movie, but boy was i surprised. Although, the Dracula plot has been a excessively used over the years, it didn't take anything away from the brilliance of film as it put a totally new spin on the age old tale of Dracula. What the movie lacked in dialogue was certainly made up for with action and King's (Ryan Reynolds) one liners and humour were well worth the entrance money alone. The addition of Whistler's daughter, who was following in her father footsteps was well worked into the storyline. All in all, i thoroughly enjoyed the latest Blade outing and will definitely be going to see it again
28 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful, disgusting, repellent
aexhammett9 December 2004
That's exactly how I would sum up both this film and this whole year, in terms of what Hollywood has delivered. I am getting sick and tired of spending my valuable time and money on going to the cinema, only to be continually disappointed by poorly written, low budget garbage.

I had hoped that following a long year of terrible, terrible films, Blade Trinity would save the day in December, how wrong I was.

Hannibal was played by Chandler from friends, Blade seems to be more Eddie Murphy/Chris Rock (not the best of either, think Vampire in Brooklyn and Down to Earth) Abigail Whistler looked very uncomfortable in the role (think Anthony Hopkins in Bad Company) The blind woman has a monitor for her PC, as well as a braille Keypad... why?? Blade really does say "couchie coo" to a baby. Drake... no comment.

Not to mention the disgusting Apple product placement.... "Whistler likes to hunt vampires listening to her I-Pod"... How cheap is that. She is seen downloading from i-tunes, not once but twice!! Cheap and nasty Hollywood.

I could not believe that they also tried to introduce Matrix themes and comedy into this film. It is so so bad. Blade one was dark, sexy and eerie. Blade two had fantastic characters, a great story and good effects. Blade Trinity has no redeeming features... at all. If anyone has bothered to see it, this film is on a par with Resident Evil Apocalypse. It really is that bad.

Steer well well clear. If you go and see it and get that feeling in the pit of your stomach about ten mins in... when you are still waiting for the mind blowing entrance scene and martial arts... and it hasn't happened. Go home... just leave.. go and spend you time watching films that deserve to be supported and encouraged by our money.
24 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Couldn't agree with scottmar more
tenchymuyo211 December 2004
This is tripe at its worst. I guess they wanted to make sure there wasn't a part 4 made. I'm wondering the ratio of this to Scarface in how many F-bombs are used - quite unnecessarily.

The choreography was nothing like the 1st two movies and in most scenes you could SEE the fake hits and the misses. Poor jumpcut editing.

Drake - Deacon Frost could've defeated this guy even BEFORE he became the blood god. Total disappointment...may it tank and may all involved in the creation of it never work in the industry again.

There were many disused plots, like the MAIN one involving the virus. That was supposed to end it all...nope, in the end, Blade is just doing what he always does, no end. Um....the virus?? Hello? Movie? Haters of your own audience?
21 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
edmond_henri8 December 2004
Awful ! Now I know why Snipes doesn't want to make the promotion of this film... Many many awful & stupid ideas. Goyer is usually a good screenwriter, but not a good one for his own movie. This episode is, for me, the worst of the trilogy, and one of the worst film I saw in 2004. NewLine has just buried a nice character.

Most of the film looks like a comedy with unfunny jokes, with slow fights (old kicks, old moves, nothing special in the moves), boring stunts (woua ! a guy fly on a car, it's very original, I never saw this before). This film smells old, and takes all the fans for dumbs !!! It's a shame...

Please Stephen Norrington, comeback !
24 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely wonderful... did I hear someone say Oscar nomination....? ***(Spoilers within)***
DeadElvis116 December 2004
OK, maybe I'm over-exaggerating but if there has ever been genius shown in a no-brainer action flick then surely this is the one!!! I wasn't really a massive fan of the Blade films and all that, but the first 2 were entertaining enough. But all that has changed now, I am now a proud, rabid Blade-head! Went to see Blade Trinity last night. It's succeeds in being almost as good as AvP, another one of the films of the year.

It's amazing - like Blade meets Dawsons Creek meets Baywatch meets WWF. Think I am going to go back and see it again.

It's really great to see that they decided to go with young, inexperienced actors for this one and that the main bad guy decides to act really badly - this helps to make the other actors stand out. He has to be one of the top screen bad-guys of all time - an unforgettable, understated performance by the magnificent Dominic Purcell as Dracula... did I hear someone say Oscar nomination....?

Some not-that funny one liners by the young male vampire hunter detract from the plot and the action and the explosions and the cool CGI and stuff but some beautifully shameless plugs for ipod are worth the admission price alone;

"What's she doing?" "Making up a playlist. She likes to listen to mp3s whilst she kicks a55."

I also liked that bit where Blade said coochie coo to a baby, it was soooo funny - i nearly fell out my seat.

Since they had all the cool explosions and fights and stuff they must've reckoned they didn't need to worry about a script much - it's a bold move and it pays off. And anyway it is really hard to concentrate on people speaking for long without explosions and stuff. The beauty of it was, cos of all the action and fire and explosions and stuff you don't really need to think about the storyline or pay attention much - the sign of a great director (and script writer).

I really liked the bit where the blind woman died, it was really scary and moving. She was a really great character and it is a shame when she dies. I wish that she appeared in the film more - one of the great performances of recent cinematic history.... did I hear someone say Oscar nomination....? Some people in the cinema thought it was funny when she died but they are just sick. It is good how she has a daughter that gets kidnapped and then Blade and the team have to go and get her back, it brings the human element into the film and I couldn't believe it that they rescued her OK - totally unexpected! Somebody sitting next to me in the cinema wanted her to get killed off but i think they may have psychological problems.

The only bad thing about this film is when it ends. With half an hour to go I was sitting in the cinema thinking "I hope this goes on forever"! What a film... did I hear someone say Oscar nomination....?

I won't say too much about the little twist at the end but there is a little twist at the end.

In conclusion run out to see this film as soon as you can!
23 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If Triple H has a main role in your movie you know you have problems
bv2584710 February 2005
Worst movie ever

since when do vampire's body-slam people. I wonder why the director let Triple H talk because that by itself pretty much ruined the movie. This was by far the worst blade movie. The series is now ruined. Basically there is no hope for another blade movie after this disaster. I also don't understand why Dracula turned into the devil at the end that just makes no sense. I thought Dracula was a vampire but I guess he's not. In summation this movie was garbage(mostly due to Triple H) and Its a good thing I saw it for only 75 cents otherwise I would have burnt the theater down and defecated on its ashes.

The end
13 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
the movie sucks big time..
geschaftsmann3 February 2005
the worst movie. plot sucks. worst acting by the duo who join Blade in the fight against vampires. I think the director tried to compensate the worst plot by "jokes" and "funny lines". It had worst actors. Worst "karate" moves. (it was like two little girls were fighting). I hated it. I didn't get the purpose The Dracula (Drake) in the movie. There was only one fight between Dracula and Blade at the end of the movie, and it sucked. I think those rookie vampire killers ruined the movie. they were abundant. So i don't advise to waste your money (if it is hard earned) to watch this movie. Better go and watch Salem's Lot, which is truly frightening vampire movie - based on a Stephen King novel.
20 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is what I'm talking about!!New and improved!
xristoff9315 October 2016
After watching the first 2 installments I must say I did not have any real expectations from the third one,but I was surprised!

Many of the things that made the previous movies lacking,this one had them gone or improved.For starters there we have better dialogue.Dialogue that actually makes sense,not wannabe badass pointless phrases here and there just to break the silence.Also,the addition of Ryan put some nice humor in the mix,a small cynical element that made everything more interesting and catchy!

Second,the music was far better than in the previous movies,especially in the second half.I admit that we still have some plot holes and uncontinuities but you can't have everything in this life!

We had something new in the scenario.For a change,nobody wanted Blade's blood.In the previous film we had a vampire villain that turned against his race and hierarchy,Blade was drawn into action,but that action served only as a means for the real plan to take effect,which was to capture Blade and drain him.Here,we did not have that.The villain was against Blade and humanity.While he did not turn on his own people,he was different than them,the very first of his kind.He was a character with personality,not that same old trying to be badass,tricky,ruthless,sinister piece of garbage who will do anything and sacrifice anyone in order to succeed,no...That guy had a code of honor.

The battle choreographies were much better.No silliness and no childish maneuvers that seemed totally fake and lame.This action got pumped!!We had a thrilling chase through buildings and rooftops,a nice change from always running in sewers and underground filthy clubs.The villain's group was also better.With the exception of Asher who seemed to be out of place and unnecessary most of the time,the others played a nice role into this.The visual effects were also better!

I am happy that the end of this trilogy offered me this experience.I will have a nice picture of Blade in my mind now!

As I mentioned there were some small plot holes,like in one scene a vamp suffers from a punch but in the next,the same vamp gets his arm broken and gets instantly healed no problem.Another thing I believe could have been better was the ending.Two things: a)The virus thing could have worked out a bit better.I expected something smarter. b)The way the villain died was OK I guess,it could certainly be better.And since the good guys won,they could have showed us how they moved on from there.A change for Blade maybe,not only keeping partners,but starting to show a bit of emotion,like maybe reply to one of Ryan's jokes or something.It could have finished with a better ending seen with the three of them,instead of Blade again being alone hunting.And there was an after the credits scene.Nothing much,as to add anything to the story,but it was fun.

In total,a 7 out of 10!!Way to go!!
10 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.