It's American Idol without the whole 'talent' thing.
'Are you Hot?' features some of the dumbest (and funniest) things I have ever seen on 'Reality' Television.
1) "Lorenzo Lamas' Flaw Finder", a glorified laser pointer that he uses to point out specific body parts outlining why a contestant is not Hot.
2) The expression on the contestants faces when he is picking them apart on national television.
3) Lorenzo (again) telling young contestants that "They will have a lot of sex appeal and will 'grow' into it when they get older".
4) The complete arbitrary-ness of the scores given by the judges. Each contestant is rated out of 10 for Face, Body and Sex Appeal with no guidelines for anything. So one person comes out, gets a 9.1. The next comes out and gets an 7.2 or an 8.6. HOW CAN THEY BE GIVING OUT TENTHS OF A POINT?? What is the difference between someone's body being a 8.2 or an 8.3?
5) Contestants receiving 5 or 6's for 'Face' (OUCH!)
6) Losing contestants crying back stage, telling the camera their dream is not over. Their dream of what? Being Hot? Is that really a life's work? huh?
7) Contestants being told "Sorry, you are not HOT enough to continue" after losing in the telephone poll.
8) Dividing up the USA into four 'Hot Zones'. As if they actually canvassed all those states to find the hotties.
If you watch this show, you will find that most of your time is spent laughing AT it. This is not the serious, scientific evaluation to find Americas hottest people that you expected.
Rating: 2/10. There actually are worse things on Television than this. Just not much.
19 of 21 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this