Live Free or Die Hard (2007)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 17 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, language and a brief sexual situation|
Sex & Nudity
- There is a man fondling a woman's breast).
- An early kissing scene between McClane's daughter and her "boyfriend" has some breast-groping which is quickly stopped.
- Sexually suggestive internet popups are seen briefly in one scene, but they contain no nudity.
- There is a brief scene of intense kissing between Gabriel and Mai Lihn.
Violence & Gore
- Unrated cut adds a few moments of bloody violence.
- There is one brutal fight scene in which the main character is forced to fight someone who knows kung fu, and he is beaten up. He is thrown out of a window, but comes back, crashing a car through a wall and hitting his opponent. The opponent is ultimately killed when the car crushes them, and then explodes on them at the bottom of an elevator shaft.
- A man is shot, and the shooter grabs him and holds him at gunpoint, but he shoots the man through himself, killing the man.
- A security guard punches McClane in the face, but McClane punches and head butts him, knocking him out.
- A man shoots at McClane and he returns fire, but the man swings around several fans and pipes in the room and kicks him. McClane breaks a pipe which sprays steam at the man, causing him to fall into one of the grinders in the room and die, though no blood is seen.
- There's a destructive sequence in which a jet shoots at a truck on a highway while hovering, and a bridge is destroyed, but a man manages to blow up the jet and escape as it it's destroyed.
- There's a lengthy and intense shootout in an apartment building, and many bullets are traded and much of the building is shot up. McClane shoots a fire extinguisher at a man's feet, which blows him through a window.
- McClane shoots several men while moving through a building to save his daughter.
- There's a long and destructive car chase in which several vehicles crash and explode, and one car crashes up through a toll booth and smashes into a helicopter, causing a large explosion.
- The unrated cut of the film adds about 30 uses of "fuck", including about 8 uses of "motherfucker". However, in the theatrical version, there are no f-words.
- 1 obscured use of 'f**k', and approximately 20 uses of "shit", 10 uses of "ass" (several paired with "hole"), 15 uses of "damn" (10 paired with "God"), 9 uses of 'hell', 20 other uses of "God", and 10 uses of "Jesus" as profanities. Also a few uses of 'dick' and 'bitch'.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- None noted
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Country in danger. Car crashes, bridges destroyed. Many people killed by explosion. Also, intense firefights.