Girl with a Pearl Earring (2003)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some sexual content|
Sex & Nudity
- It is mentioned in cryptic terms that a man and woman were intimate.
- A man tries to force himself on a young woman.
- Adult theme (lust) with strong sexual undercurrent, but no nudity. Woman's breast is exposed during feeding baby.
- In one scene, a male and female character have sex against a barn pole. There is thrusting and heavy breathing, but it's not very graphic.
Violence & Gore
- The main character slaps a little girl for mocking her.
- One scene has the painter's patron attempt an attack on a maid, but it is interrupted.
- Another scene shows a man piercing a woman's ear with a needle. You see him push the needle in and blood drip out, but it's from a small distance.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters are seen drinking wine.
- An older woman smokes a small pipe.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The scene of an attempted rape may be unsettling for some.
- A few emotionally intense moments, including instances of a couple arguing with each other, a woman crying, and some yelling.