Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for some mild rude humor and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Main male character wears rather thin and sometimes revealing tights throughout film.
- After Walter tells Buddy to lose the elfish tights, Buddy drops his pants. We don't see anything, but Emily does and reacts in embarrassment.
- Santa gives Buddy advice about NYC and that a peep show isn't about seeing presents before Christmas.
- Buddy and Jovie kiss twice. Somewhat passionate
- A ghost writer boastfully tells Buddy, "I get more action in a week" (presumably meaning sex) than Buddy has in his entire life.
- Buddy spots some Christmas-themed lingerie (red bra with sheer negligee) that reads it's "For that someone special." He later gives this to his father as a gift (not realizing what it is).
- We see Jovie singing in the shower at work, but only see her from the top of the chest up (thus no explicit nudity). Buddy hears her singing, and not knowing any better, then goes into the women's locker room and sings along with her (she makes him leave once she realizes he's there).
- PG level
Violence & Gore
- There's an intense snowball fight, but it's not bloody or anything like that. It's played for laughs.
- There is an exciting snowball fight. Many people take direct hits to the face/torso.
- Buddy gets into a fight with the Santa at the department store, because he believes he's an imposter. There is some punching and kicking, but no blood or gore.
- Buddy sees a person with dwarfism in his father's office and truly believes that he is an elf. This makes the man very angry, and he runs across the table and attacks Buddy. There is no blood, however.
- While in the doctor's office, Buddy receives a finger prick. He screams, but there is no blood. This is made for comedic purposes.
- 1 use of "damn", 2 uses of "hell", 2 uses of "crappy", 1 use of "pissed", 2 uses of "up yours" in a row, 1 use of "sucks", 2 uses of "friggin" (which is used as a substitute for the f-word), 2 uses of "Oh my God", and 1 use of "God". PG Level
- At least 3 hells, 2 craps, 1 damn, 2 uses of "Oh my God" and 1 use of "God." Also there are 2 "up yours" in a row.
- 1-2 uses of the word pissed.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man is seen smoking while in prison.
- We hear that gnomes weren't used at the North Pole because they drink too much (and see one doing that, followed by a loud belch).
- In the mailroom, men drink and get drunk.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- An elf has a bad dream and everything goes all wavy and bleak.
- Buddy feels heartbroken and depressed after Walter shouts at him in a furious tone.
- Some dramatic music plays as some ominous-looking Central Park Rangers on horseback race toward discovering Santa in the park. They then pursue Santa's sleigh that's flying in an out of control fashion. (Younger kids might be concerned that they'll catch him or the sleigh will crash).