Mona Lisa Smile (2003)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sexual content and thematic issues|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman views abstract nude images on a train. Very brief.
- A man and a woman kiss, the man lies bare-chested on the floor and the woman buttons her top suggesting that they have had sex; then he pulls her down to the floor, kisses her ear and neck. Men and women kiss in many scenes, and a man and a woman kiss and hug.
- A married man and a woman who's not his wife kiss. A woman kisses an older man.
- A woman kisses a woman on the cheek several times and moves around the room seductively while talking about another woman having had an affair.
- A woman talks about having an affair with a married man.
- Women flirt with men and there are several scenes full of sexual tension.
- A woman talks about another woman's companion (alluding to the fact that it was a homosexual relationship).
- Women talk about contraception and pass around a diaphragm.
- Women talk about a man who happens to be a professor and say, "he sleeps with the students".
- A younger woman says to a professor "we shouldn't have slept together."
- Men and women dance together in a few scenes.
- Nudes are seen in paintings shown in art history classes (the Sistine Chapel, for example). Women talk about a painting being erotic.
- A woman opens a shower curtain and we see a man nude from the waist up.
- Women wear bathing suits in a couple of scenes (we see bare legs and cleavage) Women are shown in undergarments and putting on corsets while the end credits roll.
- Women wear dresses that are low-cut and reveal cleavage, bare shoulders and backs, in several scenes.
- A woman wears a short top that reveals her bare abdomen.
Violence & Gore
- Mild. Two women threaten each other. A woman grabs her daughter by the arm and shakes her. A woman screams at a woman and is very insulting to other women in many scenes. A woman yells in a few scenes. A woman talks about a man having died in World War II, and a woman talks about her companion having died.
- 7 sexual references, 2 scatological terms, 3 anatomical terms, 12 mild obscenities, 1 derogatory term for someone who's Jewish, 7 religious exclamations.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- smoking and alcohol use in several scenes.