Far from Heaven (2002)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for mature thematic elements, sexual content, brief violence and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A man and woman kiss passionately and lie back on a sofa (we hear the man moaning), and a man and woman hug and kiss.
- Two men are shown kissing and caressing each other.
- A man and a young man look at each other suggestively;
- the young man follows the man to his hotel room, opens his robe and touches his chest and abdomen suggestively while the man watches with interest.
- Men and women kiss at a New Year's Eve party.
- A young man and woman kiss.
- A young man and woman hold each other and kiss while leaning against a car.
- A woman kisses a man on the cheek a couple of times, and a man kisses a woman's hand.
- A man and woman dance close together.
- A man and a young man are shown in a hotel room together; the young man is reclining on the bed.
- Women talk about how many times their husbands "want it."
- There are discussions about a man having "problems" and his seeking treatment for a "heterosexual conversion."
- Women are shown in evening gowns that expose bare shoulders, backs and cleavage.
Violence & Gore
- Three white boys tease and chase an African-American girl and throw stones at her; she falls back onto the ground unconscious after one stone hits her in the head and we see a bloody gash. A man hits his wife in the face and we see a large gash on her forehead the next day. A man yells at his wife, a husband and wife yell at each other. An African-American man touches a white woman's arm and another man across the street yells at him and tells him to leave her alone. A man talks about his father's death and his wife having died. We hear about electroshock treatments. People look at a white woman talking to an African-American man with disdain. A woman cries hysterically and uncontrollably. Children are frightened when they see their father cry.
- 1 F-word, 2 religious profanities, 11 religious exclamations, 1 mild obscenities, 4 derogatory terms for African-Americans.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol. People are shown drunk in a few scenes and there is a discussion about a man having been intoxicated when he was arrested.