Max Payne, a cop in the NYPD, returns home one day to find his wife and baby daughter murdered at the hands of drug addicts, high on a designer drug called Valkyr. After 3 years of working on the case, Max and his best friend Alex go undercover to bust a V-deal. However, things go wrong: Alex is suddenly killed, and Max is framed for his murder. Hunted by the cops and driven by determination to avenge his family, Max Payne sets out to uncover the truths behind his family's murder.
"You play, you pay, you're bastard" (Max Payne)
See more »
Did You Know?
In Part 3, Chapter 5 ("Providing A Service" Playstation 2 level): In the small room after Alfred Woden's office (where you find the Aesir building plans), there is a small picture that you can shoot off the wall (behind the desk), revealing a button. Pressing it will raise the couch on the other side of the room, revealing a staircase down to a "private area". In it there is a big screen TV you can use to watch a parody of Star Trek
(1966). In the adjoining room there is a bed with chains next to a closet full of bondage gear, a further reference to Woden's sexual proclivities (in addition to his visiting prostitute Candy Dawn). See more
A .50 AE caliber Desert Eagle holds 8 rounds (7 in the magazine 1 in the chamber), not 12. See more
One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.
Graphic Novel Models - Candy Dawn (as herself) See more
Aside from the controls, the PlayStation 2 version alternates from the PC version.
- There are no quick saves on PS2 and the chapters are divided into several sub-chapters with different names for each.
- The World Trade Center towers are also removed from the intro on PS2 and the graphic novel panel showing them at the beginning of the chapter "Backstabbing Bastard" is replaced with a different image.
- The Roman numerals for the "Part" description of the loading screens were replaced with just normal numbers.
- The graphic novel scenes use a different font than PC.
- An additional credits movie was added with new music in the main menu. The PS4 release also adds 1080p support and trophies.